TWENTY-ONE

Why Me?

[Ren's POV]

                The jetlagged feeling was still lingering for the both of us. So while Kris' mum was out doing her work, we found ourselves waking up in each other's arms again, but fully dressed.

                "Stop staring at me," I murmured weakly.

                My head was laying on his open chest. I figured out pretty easily from his breathing pattern that he was awake and looking down on me. He just chuckled and kissed me on the head.

                "I told you she'd love you," he said softly. "Since I left home she's been hankering me about bringing a girl home. Naturally, she expected a Korean girl but...you were the bigger mystery that I was fighting against everyone to crack. Seemed like a waste not to bring you home."

                "Hey, I just remembered something," I started. "When you proposed to me, your opening line was 'for my mother's sake, would you reconsider?'"

                "Yeah?"

                "Did you mean reconsider having a wedding?" I asked. "Like...with the whole white gown attire and the bouquet and the matching bridesmaids in pink and flower girls pretending to be older than they are?"

                "Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down," said Kris. "For starters, the bridesmaids don't have to be in pink, and I don't know enough girls younger than Ruby so we probably won't even have flower girls. And the bouquet..."

                "Oppa, seriously," I sighed. "Look, I love you, but..."

                "And I love you too," said Kris. "But listen, I will not force you to do anything you don't wanna do. And I don't wanna sound like a Mama's Boy but, you heard her. She's dying to dote on you. She use to always fantasize spending time with you; going dress shopping and wedding planning, baby showers and all that."

                "She planned ahead?" I asked, getting worried.

                "No! I mean--she just likes girly stuff," said Kris. "And naturally, raising a guy, she doesn't get much chance to be girly."

                It just unfortunate that the potential daughter-in-law happened to grow up, predominantly, around boys. I had thought it for a while before I opened my eyes. She had only known me for a day but she was ready to give up everything for me. Maybe having a wedding was a small price to pay.

                "But hey, it'll be a while until we actually set a date..."

                "All right," I sighed, almost cutting him off.

                "All right as in...?"

                "I'll have a wedding."

                Kris widened his eyes. "Babe, you do know we have schedules filled up until this time next year."

                "Of course I know," I said. "But I have nothing else to offer. Like, you do realise we're only going to Sydney to fill in the hours and to show you around. I have nothing to give, but I feel like I have everything to owe. So...I'll gut through it; with the gown and the make-up that'll make me look like a porcelain doll."

                Kris just laughed at me. "Whether in a white dress or nothing at all, you're still my hot mama!"

                "Yeah, yeah, let's see how your real mama reacts when I break the news to her," I said, shuffling out of his grip. His hands were moving dangerously close to my essentials that I managed to wriggle out. It was useless because he just grabbed me right back.

                "Come on, I never get to hold you like this," Kris moaned. "Don't pretend you never fantasised me holding you like this."

                "Why are you suddenly so ?"

                "'Cause you're so hot...!"

                "Oppa!" I squealed.






I know, i know!! its been ages~ and i'm terribly sorry
but i managed to finish my other story before this ><
ill finish this before i start the next now~
before i make a bad habit out of it xP