TWENTY-SEVEN

Why Me?

[Ren's POV]

                "No, you're not going all the way to China again," my manager said firmly.

                "But Oppa!" I retaliated.

                "'But' nothing! You promised you hang around in the areas you can be watched," said Manager Oppa.

                "I didn't ask for this to happen! I have to be there with him!" I argued. "This is my mother-in-law!"

                "You two aren't married yet; and if you keep this up, you may never be! If you want to keep arguing this, you can take it up with President Kim."

                "Maybe I will! But I can't right now. I have to meet my fiancé."

                I wasn't even intending on being away that long. I knew Kris was going to stay in Guangzhou indefinitely until he knew his mother was OK. But I couldn't understand why Manager Oppa was making such a fuss.

                Ignoring the ranting and argument we just had, I dragged my suitcase out of the dorm and went down the elevator. Our driver met with me at the bottom of the lobby.

                "Airport, as fast as possible," I said to him.

                He took my suitcase while I got into the back seat. However, it took a long while before he was able to start the car because he ended up answering his phone.

                "Ne," he said, in a deep tone. "Ne, Sajangnim. I understand..."

                "Ahjeosshi, I really have to hurry," I said.

                Finally hanging up the phone, he got into the car. Once he got the car started, I sped-dialled Kris Oppa's number.

               

                The number you have dialled is unavailable. Please try again later.

               

                It seemed strange for him to have his phone turned off at a time like this. But before I could even re-dial the number, I looked up from my phone to notice that the driver was steering in the wrong direction. I was familiar with the road to the airport; and he wasn't taking the same route.

                "Ahjeosshi, where are you going?" I asked.

                "I'm sorry, Ren-yang, but it's for your own good," he sighed sadly.

                "Ahjeosshi!" I exclaimed. "Did Manager Oppa set you up for this?!"

                "Not just the manager. Kim Sajangnim."

                I widened my eyes in horror. Within the timeframe of me getting in and out of the elevator to getting into the car, they already managed to hold me back.

                "Stop the car!" I screeched. "Stop the car right now!"

                "I can't let you get out, Ren-yang..."

                "AHJEOSSHI! Please! Let me out! Stop the car!"

                "I can't do that, Ren-yang! I'm under orders!"

                Before I found the will to control my feelings, tears began streaming down my face. The flight to Hong Kong was in less than an hour and I couldn't get a hold of Kris. There was no way I could get out of this car alive.

                "I'm sorry, Ren-yang..."

                "Oh, you're sorry, are you?" I asked, sarcastically, with tears burning my temples. "You're sorry you helped keep me away from the only woman that ever had for a mother?! You're sorry you're making me miss the only man I ever learned to love?! You're sorry?!"

*

[Kris' POV]

                "Yeah, man, just...I'll be OK," I said. "Look...yeah, just tell her I'm sorry. And tell her I love her. You guys take care too, yeah? I'll be back when I can."

                "Sure thing, Hyung," said Chen. "You be careful."

                With an even heavier heart than I had anticipated on leaving with, I hung up the phone and turned around to get out of the booth. Not so much to my surprise, a flock of young girls crowded around me.

                "Oppa! Where is Ren Unnie?! Did you fight? Where are you going? Will you be back for your schedules? Oppa!"

                I couldn't be bothered to play the nice guy. Instead of nodding and acknowledging like I usually would, I just shoved my way through, trying not to hurt anyone as I went. But because I was getting more and more impatient, shoving and pushing was inevitable.

                Things would have been a whole lot easier if I had actually checked to see if my phone really was in my bag before I left. Although I expected Ren to have arrived a while ago. But I couldn't wait anymore. The gate was about to close, and if I didn't make it, I'd miss my mother. Regaining some face time with Ren was going to be a tough road within the next few days. But since the idea was to see it through together, I was hoping she'd understand.

*

[Ren's POV]

                "Ren-yang?" the driver called, cautiously.

                For the next hour, he kept me trapped in the car while he continued his loops around Seoul. I was silently crying the whole time, with the thought of Kris in my head the whole time as well. I tried calling and texting multiple times throughout the car ride, but I got zero replies. What is he doing?

                "Ren-yang, it's time I let you off somewhere..."

                "EXO's dorm," I demanded. "Actually...you know what? Just pull over!"

                Finally obeying my instructions for the first time since I got in the car, I unfastened my seatbelt and barged my way out. Shamelessly, I slammed the door close as hard as I could, ignoring any onlooker that was concerned with my abrupt behaviour.

                "Take my suitcase back to the dorm and dismiss yourself," I shot at him. "I won't call you ever again."

                Marching away furiously from the car, I headed toward the direction of EXO's dorm. The area was pretty close to where the car already was, so I decided to spare myself the embarrassment of being confined in the car that kept me away.

                "Ren-ah!" I heard a voice call from ahead of me. "Ren!"

                The voice was familiar. In fact, it was a few voices. I looked up ahead at where the voices were coming from. In the front of a convenience store stood Suho, Luhan, Chen, Kai and Sehun. Just seeing their faces made me feel a whole lot better than I already was. I ran toward them. Chen, being the one closet to me, held his arms out. I ran into him like I usually would for Kris.

                "Ren, what happened? How did you miss the flight?" asked Chen.

                "President Kim set me up!" I cried. "He made the driver detour the whole time! That's why my manager was trying to stop me! But why didn't Oppa pick up his phone?"

                "He lost it," said Suho. "He called Chen from a public phone booth to tell you that he couldn't get through to you."

                "He also said he's sorry but he couldn't wait; but that he loves you," said Chen.

                "Noona, where are you going now?" asked Kai. "You can't go back to the dorm now, can you?"

                "I have nowhere else to go," I sobbed. "He lost his phone?"

                "We were all looking for it too before we came down here," said Sehun. "He was waiting for you at the gate, but you never turned up."

                "You wanna come with us for a while?" asked Luhan.

                "Can't I stay with you until my members come back?" I asked. "I don't wanna go back..."

                The five of them looked at each other wearily. The fact that they're all boys didn't bother me. I just didn't want to go back to where President Kim could easily find me. EXO's dorm wasn't a wise decision either, but at least I would have company for a while. And if Kris happened to contact them again, I wouldn't be too far away from finding out.

                "Please?" I begged. "I won't get in your way. I promise. You just have to pretend I'm not there."

                "No, we'd love you to stay with us, but we have our manager too," said Suho. "Maybe just come over for a few hours and we'll talk about it."

                "Oppa, please," I pleaded, once again. "I can't go back. Not tonight..."

 

 

 

 

Not sure how i came up with this xP
But I'll make it work
It's my only chance of ending this story diligently ><"