TWO - four months later

Why Me?

[FOUR MONTHS LATER]

                Although a hoobae, nothing was stopping me being an EXO fangirl, so I still surfed the internet in search of their videos and photos of their activities. However, he never entirely approved; reason being of all the articles written about the two of us together and he was afraid of me reading. Then again, the true facts were never right.

"EXO's Kris hiding an SM trainee girlfriend"

"SM trainee wins the heart of EXO's 'cold man' Kris"

"EXO's Kris' mystery girl from before debut"

"EXO's Kris long-time girlfriend is an SM trainee"

                Strangely, none of the articles mentioned my name. Also, there were no pictures to even remotely suggest they were me. Although, there were some guesses in the comments below the articles that suggested me because my group was still quite the rookie group. However, not enough to make a convincing article.

                "Unnie! Eottokae? Some people do think it's you!" Kimi, one of the members cried.  "How can we tell them they're wrong when they're not?"

                "Leader Unnie! What will you and Kris Oppa do?" Jaekyung, another member asked.

                "Let me worry about that," I said, huskily.

                As much of a struggle as it was, having to lead a rookie girl group where all the members are still in high school, except me, it felt good that they were on my side. I never asked for their approval in the first place because I didn't think I needed it, but that gave it to me anyway. The group was supposed to be my priority, and Kris had to have understood that better than anyone.

 

[LATER THAN EVENING]

                "If they find out it's you, I can't control what will happen to you," Kris said, softly. "But no matter what, I'm going to protect you."

                The articles started getting into my head. There was no point in denying the relationship but I still questioned myself over and over about whether or not it was safe to confirm it. So many thoughts were rushing through my mind that I didn’t know what to say without regretting it

                "So what are you suggesting?" I asked with tears burning down my face. "We break up?"

                "Not breakup," he said quickly. "But I am going back to China for a little. It should calm things down. But if it comes down to it…we may have to. My manager reckons its best we don't contact each other while I'm gone in case we get hacked. But we're supposed to have a meeting with each other after I get back."

                He noticeed my tears were starting to roll down faster.

                "Hey, hey," he whispered, pulling me into his chest.  "We just…we weren't supposed to get caught. But…I guess it wasn't meant to be that way. This doesn't change the way I feel about you. It's not changing yours, is it?"

                "Of course not. I just…we hardly see each other as is it. It's just so unfair," I sniffled.

                I hated it every time I cried because my nose was the only part of my face that turned red. And I didn't like Kris seeing me like that because it made me look so ugly next to him.

                I figured since being an idol, it would be hard maintaining a quiet relationship, but I was naïve to think it wasn't going to hurt me. Of course fans would be upset (heck, I would be too if I were still just a fan girl). But at the end of the day, I only needed one person. I guess I was just sorry that that one person had to be Kris.

                 "I know, baby girl," he whispered softly, rubbing my back as he continued holding me. "But we will get through this."

                Unable to meet my eyes, he kissed the top of my head and let me rest on his chest for a while longer.

                "How long will you be in China for?" I asked.

                "Maybe a few weeks," he said. "I'll come straight to you when I get back…wherever you are. You'll wait for me, yeah?"

                "Always have," I said, meeting his eyes again.  "Always will."

                With one last kiss, I walked him out the door. After he left, I felt empty. I usually do every time we separate, but just this once, I felt like I was in for a hell of an emotional rollercoaster. Only this time, he wasn't going to be here to consol me.