Chapter 9

Every Lady Wants a Piece of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I rolled over and blinked a few times before fully opening my eyes. I sat up, yawned, and looked around the room. I looked around the empty room for a minute and checked the time. It was only 6pm, meaning, I had slept longer than I intended to which wasn’t necessarily a bad thing. My guess was that everyone was out enjoying the view, skiing, snowboarding, or whatever people like to do in the snow. I figured that I should join them or at least go outside, so I got up to take care of “business” and went to change into a new clothing. I looked around for my phone and brought it along with me. I walked outside the hotel room, and made sure to familiarize myself with the setting in case I get lost when heading back later on.

I nonchalantly got on the elevator and made my way down to the lobby. Should I find something delicious to eat or should I go outside and enjoy nature? Hmmm, eating sounds so alluring at the moment….but I guess this I should go outside, I might not be able to have this opportunity again.

I walked in around in the snow for a bit trying to look for the adults. I realized that it would be too hard to find any of the adults or Mark since the resort was so huge, so I decided to find a quiet place to sit around at for a while. I couldn’t ski or snowboard so I decided to just walk around and enjoy the view. I walked quiet a distance before being able to find a nice and deserted place to sit.

I sat down with my back against a tree and looked up at the sky. It was gorgeous, it was just like a scene from the movies. As the sun was slowly setting, you could see the different colors spill from the skies. I grabbed my phone and snapped a picture of the scene.

I looked around and indeed, I was getting kind of lonely… I guess I could build myself a snowman and talk to it. Geez, Hana, that’s pretty pathetic. But I made a snowman anyway. It took a while because I had to make sure that the body was proportional and a close-to-perfect sphere. I walked around to find the arms, nose, and eyes, which was almost impossible. But at last, I was able to find some twigs. I couldn’t find any pebbles, so I broke small pieces of the twigs and used them as the eyes and nose. I stuck the two twigs on the sides and the nose and eyes at their positions.

I looked proudly at my beautiful masterpiece and sat back down to take pictures of it. Afterwards, I looked at the sky and noticed that it was getting a lot darker, but the sky became even more beautiful. There were so many stars in the sky that it was unbelievable. They were all shining so brightly too. You don’t get to see such sights when you live in the city. I gasped at scenery, at that moment, I felt extremely blessed to be able to see such a beautiful sight.

I smiled slightly to myself as I kept my eyes on the stars. I brought my knees up to my chest and hugged them as I rested my head on top. My mind began to wander as I sat there. I thought about my future, college, and just basically life. I sighed to myself, knowing that the more I think about these kind of things, the more depressed I will become. I froze and stared emptily at the snow in front of me.

“I’m going to name you Mr. Snowman.” I said, facing the snowman. “Mr. Snowman, don’t you think life is too complicated and stressful? I can’t seem to figure things out at all. I don’t know what I want to become, I don’t know what I like, and I feel hopeless. I honestly can’t see my future, I don’t know where I’ll be 10 years from now. But I just want to be happy, I want to be able to wake up every morning and not be stressed out about how much I’ll need to make it by each day. I want to wake up, enjoy more sceneries like this, read a book here and there, and just live peacefully. Isn’t that everyone’s dream life? I’m being too greedy aren’t I? What is life without any hardships right? But Mr. Snowman, I think that life is too short to be stressed out about money and such materialistic things. Love is also difficult, what if I can’t find the right one? Is there even a “right one” for everybody in this world?”

A strange noise suddenly brought my train of thoughts to a halt. I stopped and looked around suddenly, thinking that I heard my name being called out somewhere.

“Strange, Mr. Snowman, do you hear someone calling my name?” I asked, turning my head in different directions, looking for the source of the noise.

“Hana!” I turned my head towards the direction the sound was coming from to see a figure running towards me. It took me a while to make out who exactly it was. I’m pretty sure you’ve guessed it too, it was Mark.

I sat there and stared at him running towards me, I didn’t even bother to stand up. By the time he reached where I was sitting, he was all out of breath.

“Y-you, w-where have you b-been?” He asked pointing at me.

“Uh I’ve be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter