Chapter 5

Every Lady Wants a Piece of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’ve heard about it right?” I asked as I pulled out my sketchbook.

“Heard about what?” Mark asked with a confused look.

“Your mom didn’t tell you?”

“Tell me what?”

“About the trip?”

“What trip?” he asked with a hint of frustration.

“Apparently, we’re going on a ski trip together. Both of our families, supposedly on Sunday.” I sighed and looked over to check his reaction. He sat there and squinted his eyes at me.

“What are you even talking about? My parents didn’t tell my anything.”

“I’m just as surprised and disappointed as you are, okay?”

“There’s no way in hell I’m going on a trip with you.”

“Same here. So you have to do something. Tell your parents that you don’t want to go, maybe that way, my parents would let me stay home too.”

“Uh no, why do I have to be the one who does it? Why can’t you do it?”

“I’ve already tried. They’re forcing me to go…”

“Well, for you, I’m sure I can get myself out of this one. I’ve done it many times before.” He smirked.

“Wonderful, I’ll probably be able to enjoy the trip even more without your presence there.” I glared.

“I’ll be to enjoy my break without any disturbances either.”

“I better not see your face on the trip.” I muttered.

 

I sat at the lunch table with a blank face. I heaved a sigh. Why couldn’t I just spend my break relaxing like I wanted to? I had this all planned out too, I was going to stuff myself, fangirl, and then hibernate for 2 weeks. I buried my face into my palms and let out a grunt.

“Woah there, Godzilla, chill. What’s wrong?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Just endure it for now, there’s only like 2 more days of school.” Sungjae added.

“This is going to be the worst break ever….” I sighed.

“What? Why? You were looking forward to winter break like ever since the beginning of this month.” Sanduel said as he offered me some chips.

“Well, I was, I had so many things planned! I was going to do so much!”

“Uhh, I don’t think sleeping, eating, and fangirling counts.” Ilhoon chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and leaned back against my chair.

“My mom told me that we’re going to go on a trip this Sunday. On a trip to a ski resort to be exact. Which means that I have to actually go outside and see the sun for more than just a few minutes.  It also means that I can’t sleep or eat comfortably.”

“It’s not that bad.” Sungjae commented. “You do need to go outside a little more.”

“…don’t want to. But that’s not all, the worst part is that out family is going on this trip with our neighbors.”

“AHAHAHA, seriously? Dude…..” Kyuhyun laughed.

“Yeah, I know right? Mark’s a pain in the .”

“Yah, you still haven’t given me an explanation about the other day!” Ilhoon exclaimed.

“Ehh. Long story, short, the guy who stole my chips, Mark, is now my neighbor.”

They all just looked at me blankly, with the exception of Kyuhyun.

“That new transfer kid is your neighbor?” Sandeul asked gaping.

“Yup, not to mention his parents are best friends with my parents. They were like BFF’s back in college or something.”

“No way, the kid with the red hair?” Sungjae confirmed.

I nodded at him as I reached for his fries. They all turned their heads and started to search around for Mark. They finally spotted him at a table with Jackson and JB. They looked at him and then back to me and then to him again.

“HIM?” They said in union.

“Yah, stop being so obvious. If he finds out that we’re talking about him, who knows what he’ll do to me…”

“I don’t get it, what’s so bad about him?” Kyuhyun asked with his arms crossed. He was also staring at Mark.

“He made me pay for his meal yesterday, for the first time in my life, I paid for someone’s meal. I was planning to share this experience with someone special, but no, he had to take it away from me.”

“The hell? You act like he took away your first kiss…” Ilhoon laughed.

“You sir, do not know the value of food. Only Sandeul would understand me, right Sandeul?”

“Yup, food is glorious.” He replied as he pulled out a lollipop. This boy, it’s like he has food magically stored away in his bag. Every time I see him, he always has something in his mouth.

As lunch came to an end, we all parted ways. Sungjae and Sanduel walked to chemistry, Ilhoon went to AP World History, and Kyuhyun walked me to geometry.

“Kyuhyun-ah, would you go on the trip with me if I asked?”

“No.”

“…. Whyyyy?”

“Cause I won’t be able to play games that way..”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter