Chapter 3

Every Lady Wants a Piece of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I groaned as soon as I heard my alarm clock went off. I blindly searched around in my bed for it with my arm, getting more and more annoyed at the sound of the by the second. I finally got a hold of the phone and tried turning it off as the bright screen light burned my eyes. I flopped back down on the bed and wrapped myself tightly with the blanket. I promised myself only 5 more minutes of sleep before actually getting up but ughh it’s so cold and I’m so comfortable right now….

I closed my eyes and when I opened them again a second later, 10 minutes had already past! My eyes widen as I shot up out of bed and headed straight to the bathroom and got ready. I brushed and combed before picking out my outfit, not that I really care what I wear. I’m comfortable in jeans and a tee but I still needed to find them. After getting dressed, I looked around my room to double check that I had all my stuff with me. I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs.

I noticed that the kitchen light was on, which was weird because both of my parents are usually still asleep at this time. I walked into the kitchen to check it out and stopped when I saw mom packing something.

“Mom? What are you doing up so early?” I called out. She looked up at me and smiled as she finished packing 2 lunchboxes. I walked towards her and asked, “Mom, I love food but I don’t eat that much…”

“This isn’t just for you. One of them is for you and the other one is for Mark.”

“What? Why would you make him one?”

“Cause he’s my best friend’s son who lives right next door.”

“So what?”

“I should be nice to them. Mark doesn’t seem like bad kid either.”

“Whatever, you can give that to him. I’m leaving now. Bye Mom~.”

“Wait no, you’re going to give it to him.”          

“Why me? I don’t even see him.”

“Oh my look at the time! Hurry up and get going before you’re late for school!” She said as she shoved the 2 lunchboxes into my arms and hurried me towards the door.

The moment I stepped outside, I saw a black car parked outside right by the mailbox.

“Oh look! He’s here already?”

“Wait what? He? Who? Oh my god Mom, you aren’t talking about M-…”

Before I could finish my sentence, Mark stepped out of his car and walked our direction. , he looked kinda pissed. But hey, at least he got all the marker off. I avoided eye contact with him, god knows what he’ll do to me.

“Good morning.” He greeted my mom with a smile. Great, now he’s putting on a show.

“Good morning to you too, Mark. I packed a lunchbox for you, I hope it’s suitable for your taste.” She pointed to the boxes that I was holding in my arms.

“Thank you, I will enjoy them.”

“You kids should be off to school, you’re going to be late at this rate.”

Mom walked with me all the way to the car and she had to open the passenger seat. I mean, why couldn’t I have sat in the back seat. It would been much easier to avoid him if he tries to kill me. I waved to her as we drove in silence.

Let me tell you, it was so goddamn awkward. I was scared cause he looked pissed and I didn’t want to say anything. But then again, he did steal my chips….. yeah that’s a valid reason.

As soon as we got to the first bus stop which was about 3 blocks from my house, Mark all of a sudden stopped the car.

“Get out.” He said firmly.

“What? Why?”

“You know what you did.”

“Uhmmm about that, well. Wait, it was your fault, you stole my chips.” I tried to defend myself

“ARE YOU ING STUPID? JUST GET THE OUT OF MY CAR. NO WAY IN HELL AM I EVER GONNA DRIVE YOU AND BE SEEN ARIVING TO SCHOOL WITH YOU.”

“WELL, YOU KNOW WHAT ? IT’S NOT LIKE I ING WANT TO RIDE WITH YOU EITHER, .” I unbuckled my seat belt, tossed him his lunch box and stepped outside the car. Before I could make another remark, he drove off.

“YAHHH MARK!!!!!!!!!” I jumped in horror as he sped down the road.

I stood there dumbfounded for a moment. Did he just really leave me like this? IN THIS GODDAMN WEATHER? I had been so worked up that I forgot it was below freezing today. Ugh why oh why do I have to be hotheaded and impulsive? Now I’m standing here in the cold with no ride and school starts in half an hour. I can’t go home like this, ugh Mom would question me….

I thought about calling my friends but…. Kyuhyun and Sandeul are still probably asleep. Sungjae doesn’t have a license and freaking Ilhoon won’t pick up his phone!!  I shuffled trying to keep warm as the wind blew. Eunhyuk, Donghae, and Sungmin live too far away, I can’t call them…. WHY AM I SO LONELY, DO I NOT HAVE ANY OTHER FRIENDS??!?

“I’m so gonna be late for school…” I glanced at the time on my phone. Just them my phone vibrated, indicating that someone was calling.

“What do you want?” Ilhoon answered.

“Ilhoon-ah, please pick me up. I’m left stranded outside and I have no ride. Please please, it’s freezing right now.”

“ No…………fine. Where are you?”

“I’m 3 blocks away from my house. At the stop sign. Please come quickly.”

“I’m on my way. But just so you know, I better be getting something out of this. “

I hung up and about 15 minutes later, Ilhoon finally arrived. By that time, I could hardly even feel my fingers. God, I am going to kill Mark, that heartless bastard. I got into the car and we took off.

“Soooo you gonna tell me what happened?” Ilhoon asked.

“Later, I’m too cold. I feel like my brain isn’t functioning correctly.”

“Pshh, when does your brain ever function correctly?”
 

By the time we got to school, I was still shaking. We walked to the entrance and there I could see Mark standing with a group of people. Wow, he’s already made friends?

The moment he looked at me, he smirked, looking quite satisfied as well. I was going to ignore him when I walked past him but he stopped me.

“I see you got to school on time, would have been better if you were late.”

“You know this guy?” Ilhoon asked.

“Yeah, he’s the bastard that stole my chips.” I glared.

“You’re so immature, are you still on that?” He rolled his eyes.

I ignored him and walked a couple of steps before one of his friends started talking to me.

“Hello, I’m JB.” A guy with a warm smile held waved.

“And I’m the wild and y Jackson.” The guy behind JB smiled.

I nodded at the both of them and introduced myself. I saw Mark glaring at me from the corner of my eyes but I was trying to be polite so disregarded him.

“We couldn’t help but overhear your conversation with Mark.” IB said.

“I heard he stole your food, would you like me to beat him up for you.” Jackson joked.

“Nah, it’s fine. I can do that myself, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter