Chapter 10

Every Lady Wants a Piece of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark actually paid for the dinner this time, despite having the grumpy look on his face. But then again, I did pay all the other times. It’s only fair if he pays at least this time. Hmmm maybe we should go for some desert. I am craving some ice cream. I doubt Mark would buy some for me, but it’s worth a shot right?

"Mark, you know what we should do?" I asked as we stepped out of the restaurant.

"What?"

 "We should go get some desert."

"Are you kidding me?"

"No, I genuinely want some desert. Let's get some ice cream."

"At a ski resort? In the winter?"

"Why not? There's no rule saying I'm not allowed to have ice cream at a ski resort in winter."

"Uh no. We have to get back. No ice cream."

"Ughh you're like a parent."

"I'm not going to spoil you. Life doesn't work that way."

"Don't you want some yourself?"

"Nahh I'm pretty full. Plus if we get ice cream, I would have to pay for your portion too huh?

"I'll pay you back?"

“Nope. Now let's hurry back."

"Ughh you're no fun. Is it because you're old?"

“Yah I'm not old! I'm only two years older than you!"

"Yeah but if your round your age up, you're already twenty."

“Well if you round your age up too, it would be the same."

"....."

"You're not very smart huh?" Mark smirked.

“Well, at least I’m not a cheap-.” I mumbled. “Whatever, I’ll just find something to eat when I get back to the hotel. I’m pretty sure they have some sort of room service….”

“It’s late, go to sleep once you get back.”

“Why should I listen to you? You’re not my dad.”

“I’m older though.”

“You’re only older age-wise, you have the mentality of a child.”

“Yeah, said the girl that claimed I stole her bag of chips when I rightfully paid for it.” Mark scoffed.

“You did steal it though! I was going to buy it, but you were in line first.”

“And whose fault is that?”

“OH and to clear things up, I didn’t bump into you on purpose. Some kid pushed me. Nor was I stalking you at the library that day. I was just passing by.”

“Oh really now? It seemed as if you were eyeing my bag of chips. It’s okay you don’t have to tell me, Kyuhyun will just tell me.”

“You know Kyuhyun?”

“Of course, I have him for a class you know. We don’t talk much, but I can start. So how long have you known Kyuhyun?”

“Uhh it’s been pretty long. My best friend first introduced him to me, and afterwards, the 3 of us began to hang out more often. All of us became pretty close but then my best friend moved suddenly, and I was left with Kyu.”

“I see, so tell me about this “best friend”.’ Mark said as we walked into the hotel entrance.

“No. Why would you want to know?”

“Why can’t you tell me?”

“Give me a good reason as to why I should tell you.” I shot him a questioning look.

“Well, give me a reason why you can’t tell me.”

“Cause it’s my personal business?”

“But I was nice enough to go buy pads for you, and the pills, and I drove you to the supermarket.”

“I paid for the things we brought though.”

“I brought you pads…”

“Ughh fine. I’ll only answer 3 yes/no questions.” I glared, stepping into the elevator. “No more question, after we reached our floor okay?”

“Fair enough. So do you still talk to your best friend?”

“Nope. Next question.”

“Can I ask why?”

“Is that a yes/no question? Moving on.”

“…Is your best friend a girl?”

“What difference does it make? And no.”

“So….. do you miss him?”

“Yup. There, I answered 3 question. No more okay?”

“If you miss him, why don’t you talk to him?”

“It’s complicated. Mark, I said no more questions…”

“Complicated? How so?”

“Mark, why are you so nosy all of a sudden?” I sighed and stepped out as the elevator door opened.

“Just curious. I mean, you can ask me about my best friend too.”

“Not that I want to know, but okay. Tell me about your best friend.”

“Well, we met when I was in elementary. We’ve been best friends since then. We’re still friends now, I talk to my best friend every now and then.”

“Oh okay, I see…”

“You’re not going to ask any questions?”

“What do you want me to ask?”

“Anything.”

“Do you miss your best friend?”

“Of course I do.”

“Well good for you.” I smiled at Mark. “It’s nice that you can still talk to your best friend even though you guys are apart now huh?”

I sighed and pulled out my key as I reached my hotel room.

“Why are you still here Mark?”

“Well, for your information, my room is right next door.”

“Oh I see. Good night then.” I yawned and unlocked the door.

“Wait! You don’t want to know anything else?”

“Know what?”

“About my best friend?”

“What do you want me to know??” I raised an eyebrow.

“Like if my best friend was a guy or not?”

“Not that I really want to know but if it makes you happy…Is your best friend a girl?”

“Maybe, maybe not…” Mark smiled mischievously before walking into his own room.

I stood there a little dumbfounded. Ugh why do I even bother talking to him…. I shook my head and walked into my room and immediately crashed onto the bed. I was dead tired, it might have been due to the fact that I spent a few hours outside. But then again, I wasn’t really doing anything. Maybe it was just because of my period… yeah that’s probably just it.
 

I woke up to the sound of someone banging on my door. I groaned and muttered curses before getting up and dragging my dead body to the door. The knocks were getting more and more irritating and constant.

“WHAT?!” I screamed as I swung the door open.

Mark held out his phone and snapped a picture of me before saying, “Get dressed, the adults want to have breakfast.”

“YAH! Why’d you take a picture!?!”

“Hmm messy bed hair, little rainbow pjs, and half asleep, great for blackmailing. Now go get changed and I’ll delete it.” Mark said shoving me back inside the room.

I washed up and got changed even though I was still really half asleep. I grabbed some new

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter