Chapter 19

Every Lady Wants a Piece of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why are you here?” I spat, making it sounding harsher than I had intended.

He stood there, frozen in place, not uttering a word. I remain there stoically, masking the overwhelming feelings. He looked down in disappointment. I almost scoffed at his reaction. Disappointed? Why should he be disappointed? What was there for him to be disappointed about? I wasn’t the one that cut off contact with him.

“Hana, what are you saying?” Mom asked, taking his side.

“I don’t want to see you.” I eyed him before making a dash upstairs.

“H-Hana, wait!!” He shouts after me. I quicken my pace not allowing him to catch up to me. I slam my door shut the moment I get in.

“NO! You dummy, I told you to attack from the other side! Ugh you st-… Oh Hana, you’re back. Can you get me something to eat, I’m starving.” Kyuhyun said as he sat on my bed with his laptop, not turning away from the screen.

I ignore him, and sat with my back against my locked door. I can’t think straight. I stare blankly at the window on the opposing wall. Kyuhyun must have realized what was going on, so he closes his laptop and comes over to sit next to me.

“Hana, you okay?” He nudges my shoulder.

I remain silent, my mind is blank as if everything in my body is starting to shut down. I don’t feel anything, I just sit there without a word.

“Hana, I just quit in the middle of a game for you. You know I don’t do that for just anyone so you better talk to me.”

“Kyu…he’s here. Why is he here?” I whisper not taking my eyes off the window.

“Hana, I thi-..”

“I don’t want to see him. I don’t want him here. I hate him.”

“Of course you don’t hate him, you know you don’t. But don’t you think that you should hear him out first?”

I scoffed at his comment. “If he had wanted to talk, why did he cut off contact with me for 4 years? And all of a sudden, he decides to show up again? Why does he walk in and out of my life as he please? He’s a bastard”

“There’s actually more to that. You really don’t want to see him? Aren’t you even a little happy that he’s here?”

“I-I…”

“Fine, I’ll tell you a little something then.”

“Kyu, I-…”

“No, let me talk. You know, I didn’t even know that he came back. I was actually driving around, doing some errands for my mom when I spotted him on the streets. I wasn’t sure it was him at first, I mean it’s been 4 years since I’ve last seen his face. But he was holding bubble tea in his hand as he roamed around. And that was when I confirmed that it was our Sehun.” Kyuhyun chuckled, shaking his head slightly. “I went after him immediately. That bastard tried to run away from me when he saw that I was shouting his name. And being the little klutz he is, he almost tripped. Anyways, he kept insisting that I was mistaking him for someone else. That was till I punched him…”

“You what?!” My eyes widen as I turn to him.

“I didn’t hurt him that much, I don’t think he’s bleeding. As I was saying, lil bastard finally admit it was him. We sat down and talked for a while. Honestly, if it wasn’t for me, Sehun wouldn’t be here. He had no intentions of meeting us, not that he didn’t want to or anything. He told me that he didn’t deserve to see us after cutting off contact for so long. He knows that he’s wrong, but this isn’t entirely his fault. You have to hear him out Hana.”

I pull my legs up and hug them without saying another word.

“So? What does that have to do with me?”

“It has everything to do with you! What are you saying? Do you really not care about him?”

“I-I…I cared 4 years ago. I’ll admit that I missed the memories that we’ve had but…now… it’s different.” I sighed.

“Hana, the poor kid has been blaming himself for 4 years for what had happened, and he’s still blaming himself! He said that if you knew about his return, you’ll be hurt and he didn’t want that so that’s why h-… you know what? Fine, I’ll send him back. You won’t have to see him again.” Kyuhyun stood up, obviously frustrated. He stood up and hastily walked over to get his things.

I sat there and watched him. As much as I want Sehun to disappear, part of me wants to still see him.

“Wait, no Kyu. I-I’ll talk to him.” I choked, I can feel my throat going dry.

Kyuhyun smiled and ruffled my hair. “That’s my girl. I’ll go get him then.”

I sighed and got up from the floor and walked over to my bed to sit down. I fidgeted around, nervousness tingled throughout my whole body. What was I supposed to ask him? What am I supposed to say? I felt my heart raced as I hear their footsteps approaching closer.

Sehun suddenly appears at my door. He avoids my gaze and looks down. Kyuhyun shoves him into my room, “I’ll let you guys talk things through alone.”

Kyuhyun shuts the door on us. Sehun stands there stiffly, without saying a word.

“Uh, I-I if you don’t want to talk, then I’ll leave..” He trails off as he turns and reach for the door.

“Sehun.” I faintly let out. He turns at the mention of his name. “We should talk.” He rubs the back of his neck nervously and looks over at me. I stare back at him, noticing how much he has changed. He’s grown so much taller, his features are more define, his voice a little deeper, but he’s thin…so much thinner than before. But he’s still there, my old Sehun is still there. My gaze soften as our old memories flash before me. All the times that we’ve spent together, all the adventures we’ve had, all of our deep talks comes flooding back. I can’t help but tear up as reality hits me.

He is here. Sehun is standing in front of me again. The best friend that I’ve yearned for over the last 4 years is now standing before me once again. But something’s wrong. Something’s not right. There is something missing. I can see it in his eyes. His eyes give it away, he desperately wants to tell me something…. He’s hurt. I can see it.

 

My body acts for itself as I run towards him and pull him into a big hug. Sehun jumps at the sudden contact and doesn’t respond.

“Sehun….” I mumbled against his chest hugging him closer. My eyes starts to water as I breathe in his scent. His oh-so-familiar scent.

“Sehun…” My voice shakes as I can no longer control the tears.

He quietly my hair and returns the hug. “Hana, I’m so sorry.”

After we settle down, I drag him over to my bed and we sit down to talk.

“Sehun, what’s wrong? Tell me what happened. Tell me why you didn’t respond to any of my letters.” I say, hugging my pillow to my chest as I look at him.

Sehun sits still for a moment and stares at me. I can see it in his eyes. His eyes never lies.

“I-I, Ha-Hana… I….”

“Sehun, don’t you dare hide anything from me. Are we not best friends?” I to ease up the tension.

He looks down and fiddles with my blanket without saying a w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter