Chapter 13

Every Lady Wants a Piece of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What?”

“Do you care about me?” I repeated slowly, not taking my eyes off of him.

“Look, I’m only taking care of you because I feel responsible for causing your injuries.”

“Oh, I see…” I mumbled as I looked down, breaking the eye contact.

Even though Sungmin had specifically told me not to believe every single word he says, Mark’s reply still somewhat hurt. I laid back down on the bed, facing the opposite direction. Maybe I shouldn’t have asked him in the first place. Am I supposed to believe him?

I let out a long and frustrating sigh, “Mark, you should go home or go eat. I think I’m going to go back to sleep.”

“Are you sure? Do you want something to eat?”

“No.” I answered shortly.

“When do you want me to come back?”

“Don’t know.”

Mark sat there for a moment before he quietly got up and exited my room. I closed my eyes and pulled the blanket over my head. I can’t believe that I was stupid enough to ask him such a question. The more I think about his reply, the more irritated I got. If he didn’t care then why was he always in my business?! Of course, it could have just been out of curiosity, but still! I wanted to kick the wall out of frustration, but then I remember I couldn’t because of a specific someone.

My phone buzzed and I lazily fidgeted around to find out who I got a text from.

Kyu: Hey, I heard you’re back?

Me: yup

Kyu: Are you okay? You don’t usually reply with just one word

Me: I’m fine

Kyu: Are you sad?

Me: Nope

Kyu: Yeah, you are.

Me: I’m not

Kyu: I’m not stupid, I can tell. >.>

Me: I’m okay

Kyu: Shut up, I’ll be there in half an hour.

I tossed my phone to the side and huffed. At least someone could tell when I’m sad. After a while, I decide to myself that I would sleep off the sadness, since it was still quite early in the morning. Well, anything before noon is considered early to me..

As I was already drifting off to sleep, I could hear Kyuhyun’s footsteps running up the stairs.

Damn it Kyuhyun.

The door burst opened, “Yah, what’s wrong?”

I slowly turned around and sat up. Kyuhyun walked in carefully with a plastic bag in his hands.

“Well, tell me later. I got you some chicken wings from your favorite place.” He said as he took them out of the bag.

“Really?!”

“Hmm, smiling already? Don’t tell you were sad because you didn’t have food…”

I reached for a wing and shook my head, “No, it’s not that.”

“Then what is it? Come on, you’re usually never sad.”

“It’s nothing really….”

“It’s Mark, isn’t it? What’d he do now?” Kyuhyun shook his head slightly.

“How’d you know?”

“They don’t call me a genius without a reason.” He smirked. “Now tell me everything, starting from what had happened on the trip.”

“Well, at least let me finish eating first.”

“No, no, you can talk and eat. People do that all the time.”

“Fine, fine, what do you already know?”

“I only knew that you were going to a ski resort with his family.” He replied as he grabbed a chicken wing.

It took me way longer to tell the whole story to Kyuhyun, because he kept asking so many questions along the way. He asked me questions that I didn’t even know the answer too! Was he really trying to analyze every piece of information? I finished off the story by telling him what had happened earlier.

“Wow, who knew you would fall for the guy that stole your chips the first time you met him huh?”

“Shut up! I didn’t fall for him!”

“Ahh, that’s right. You’re still falling for him.”

“You’re annoying.”

“Alright, here’s what I think. I think you guys should take more time getting to know each other. I mean, what if what you’re feeling right now is just puppy love? Anddddd he’s an idiot. The end.”

“He’s not an idiot….”

“Yeah yeah, you’re just saying that cause he’s your idiot.” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.

“But what sh-..”

My door creaked opened and Mark stuck his head inside and looked from me to Kyuhyun and then back to me again. He then shuffled in awkwardly and sat down on the chair across the room without saying a word.

“Chicken?” Kyuhyun said hold out a wing to him casually.

“Uh no, I’m fine. I ate already.”

“So what are you here for?” Kyuhyun asked, even though he had obviously already knew the answer.

“I’m supposed to look after Hana until she recovers.”

“Oh is that so? You can leave it to me though. I’ll take care of her.”

Cho Kyuhyun, what the heck are you scheming this time?

“B-but, I’d feel guilty because I was the one that caused her the injury.”

“No worries, I don’t think Hana minds.”

“Isn’t it a hassle for you to drive over every day though?”

“Not really, I mean, I do care about her, so driving all the way here isn’t really much trouble.” Kyuhyun smiled innocently at me.

“But I t-..”

“You’re just taking care of her because you feel obligated to right? I think it’s better to have someone who actually cares for her to look after her, don’t you think?”

“I-I..”

“Unless you care for her too….” Kyuhyun smirked.

“Uh I-…”

“Hana, I’ll take you over my house today and you can stay till you feel better. Wouldn’t things be much more convenient that way? I wouldn’t have to drive and I’ll be there to take care of you all week, you can stay in our guest room. I’m sure your mom would agree. How does that sound?” Kyuhyun smiled mischievously at me, urging me to play along.

“Yeah, sure. Let me ask mom later.” I replied.

“No, I’ll take care of her!” Mark stood up.

The both of us turned our head in his direction.

 Mark sat back down awkwardly, “Yeah, I’ll take care of her.”

“Oh really? You know, you don’t have to.”

“I want to. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter