Chapter 17

Every Lady Wants a Piece of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kyuhyun! You need to come over quickly! It’s an emergency!”

“What? Why?” Kyuhyun groaned into the phone.

“Just hurry over!”

“What can be more important than my sleep at 8am on a Saturday morning?”

“But, I really need you.” I whined.

“Dammit Hana, you’re lucky we’re friends….”

“Thank you Kyu!”

“I’ll be there in 30. See ya.” Kyuhyun mumbled before hanging up.

I tossed the phone onto the bed and let out a sigh of relief. I hopped back up and decided to take a nice and hot bath to calm myself down. I grabbed a fresh batch of clothes and headed for the bathroom.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I opened the door that lead back into my bedroom and found Kyuhyun lying down on my bed, Eunhyuk on my computer, Donghae staring out the window and Sungmin sitting silently on the couch.

“Oh she’s here!” Eunhyuk grinned as he stood up and ran towards me with his arms wide opened.

“Uhm, nice to see you too.” I laughed as I gave him a pat on the back.

“How’s our baby sister doing?” Donghae cooed as he pinched my cheeks.

“Don’t call me that.” I frowned as I slapped his hand away.

“Sooo how are things between you and that guy?” Sungmin asked, looking outside my window. “I’m guessing you two got together?”

“How did you know?!”

“Eunhyuk opened up your browsing history and found out that you looked up “advice for first dates” and “what do people do on dates.” Sungmin replied.

“Yah! Invasion of privacy much?” I glared at Eunhyuk who gave me a sheepish grin and went to hide behind Donghae.

“Awww our little princess is going on her first date. Isn’t that cute?” Donghae beamed.

“Don’t worry Hana, I’ll be here to help you.” Sungmin smiled as he grabbed my hand and sat me down in a chair. “So, we’ll get started with the basics first. Someone wake Kyuhyun up, I think he’s drooling again.”

I sat there silently as Eunhyuk went and attempted to wake Kyuhyun up which obviously wouldn’t work. Sungmin was mumbling things to himself while looking at me and Donghae was going through my closet.

“This is an emergency! She doesn’t have any dresses! Not even a skirt! I repeat not even a skirt!” Donghae hollered as he disappeared deeper into my closet.

“You don’t have a dress at all?” Sungmin asked, astonished.

“Uhm, is that a problem?”

“Well, no not at all. But you can’t just wear jeans and a t-shirt on your first date. Technically, you can, I think a casual dress or skirt would suit this occasion more.”

“Ohhh, but I have none…”

“That’s not a problem.  Zhou Mi owns a clothing line. We’re going to visit his shop.” Sungmin smiled.

“Kyuhyun’s not waking up, what do we do?” Eunhyuk asked exhaustedly.

“Kyuhyun! Eunhyuk accidentally broke your laptop!” I shouted.

“I’m up, I’m up, now stop jinxing my laptop.” Kyuhyun sat up and stifled a yawn. “What’s there to eat? Oh yeah, I’m supposed to help you with something….”

“Yeah, I going on a da-…”

“Date with Mr.ImTooSlowAndStupidToMakeAMoveSoKyuhyunHadToStepIn?” Kyuhyun smirked.

“Wait, what?”

“Basically, that Valentine’s Day get together thing was all planned out.” Sungmin answered.

“……”

“Poor child’s confused.” Eunhyuk sighed and shook his head slightly.

“We planned it all in order to get Mark to confess. Everything was planned, even Sandeul’s thing.” Kyuhyun said.

“But …. Why?”

“Why? Cause you guys were taking like a whole millennium to get together. You and Mr.Butthead were both too confused and stubborn to do anything so Cho Kyuhyun decided that it was time for him to step in.”

“We’re weren’t taking that long…..”

“It was quite frustrating to watch from the sideline. “ Eunhyuk commented with a shrug.

“Well, get up, time to go shopping. We have a long day ahead of us.” Sungmin said pulling me up and shoving me towards the closet.

“Donghae, why are you still in my closet?”

“You have a very interesting closet.”

“What, have you not seen a closet? Get out, I need to change.” I said pulling him by the arm.

I quickly grabbed an oversized hoodie and a pair of sweats and changed into them.

“So where exactly are we heading?” I asked, stepping out of the closet.

“Let’s pay Zhou Mi a visit first.” Sungmin announced as he stood up and headed downstairs. Eunhyuk and Donghae followed after while Kyuhyun and I lagged behind.

“You should’ve told me that they were coming too….” I said to Kyuhyun.

“Well, I wasn’t gonna suffer alone. So how are things with you and Butthead? Is he treating you well?”

“Everything’s fine, I’m just really nervous about today…”

“It’s your first date, of course you’ll be nervous.”

“Yeah, I suppose….” I sighed.

“Mrs. Lee, we’re going to take Hana out!” Eunhyuk grinned as he waved at my mom.

“Mom, I’ll be back soon!” I said as I slipped on my shoes and walked out the door. Sungmin unlocked the doors to his car and climbed into the driver’s seat. Kyuhyun bolted to the front passenger seat meaning I was stuck in the backseat with Eunhyuk and Donghae. We all took our places and Sungmin started driving immediately. .

“Are you still nervous about going on your first date?” Donghae asked.

“Yeah….”

“Shall I tell you about my first date then?” Eunhyuk asked, smiling proudly.

“Don’t listen to him, he’s a fool. Let me tell you about my first date instead.” Donghae suggested.

“Yah! My first date was more interesting!” Eunhyuk retorted.

“Well, my first date was more romantic!”

“Will the both of you shut up?” Sungmin sighed as he started to turn on the music.

Eunhyuk and Donghae continued to quarrel while I began to daydream about my first date with Mark. So many endless thoughts were running through my head that I didn’t even notice the car coming to a stop in front of a fancy looking store.

“We’re here.” Sungmin announced as he turned off the engine and stepped out. I looked up at the store and couldn’t maintain surprised reaction. It was huge, like 3 stories high and everything just looked extravagant. Sungmin led the way and I followed in amazement.

“Oh, Hana, long time no see!” Zhou Mi said as he approached us with a welcoming smile.

“Wow, Zhou Mi, this place is amazing…” I said as I continued to gaze around.

“Can you find her something to wear, she’s going on her first date today and she literally has nothing to wear.” Sungmin said as he pushed me towards Zhou Mi.

“Well, let’s see here….” Zhou Mi mumbled as he twirled me around a few times. “Hmm, let’s get you to try on a few dresses.”

Zhou Mi led me upstairs and we zigzagged through aisles and aisles of clothes. And before I knew it, I was standing in front of a dress room with 7 different dresses.

“Try the mint green one on first and we’ll go from there. Good luck, love.” Zhou Mi grinned as he pushed me slightly towards one of the changing rooms. I closed the door behind me and dropped off the pile of clothes on the bench before taking a seat in front of the mirror.

“….I’m so hungry. Why shop when I can eat?” I pouted before picking up the dress and trying it on.

“Are you okay in there? It’s taking a while…” Kyuhyun knocked on the door.

“I’m fine…” I sighed as I zipped up the dress.

“Don’t be too sad, I’ll let you have food once you’re done okay?”

“Really? Do you mean it?”

“Why would I lie? Now hurry up! Everyone’s waiting on you.”

I took one last look at myself in the mirror and all that did was remind me of all the reasons I don’t like dresses. I carefully open the door and peeked out to check the surrounding before fully coming out of it.

“How do you like it?” Zhou Mi asked tilting his head to the side.

“Uhm, I don’t know. I think I feel a little to free?” I said as I awkwardly pull on the dress.

“Wow, this like the first time I’ve ever seen you in a dress ever since like 10 years ago?” Kyuhyun commented.

“Hmm, well then let’s have you try on the pastel pink one too. Or any of the other dresses.” Donghae suggested.

“The pink one! Try on the pink one!” Sungmin eagerly said, jumping up and down.

“Yah, just because you like pink, doesn’t mean you can force her to get the pink one.” Eunhyuk rolled his eyes.

As they continued to argue, Zhou Mi signaled me to go change into a new dress. I slowly slipped back into the dressing room to try on the other dresses and decided to just go with the pink one to make Sungmin happy.

I stared at myself in the mirror, and inspected every inch of my body. Wearing a dress is actually harder than it seems… Maybe it’s because I haven’t worn one in such a long time. I stepped back outside and noticed that they’ve all have seem to settle down a bit.

“This one looks fabulous on you!” Sungmin compliment.

“Sungmin, you’re being too biased again.” Eunhyuk said as he shoved Sungmin to the side.

“But Hana does look cute in everything. I guess she takes after me.” Eunhyuk grinned as he took out his phone to snap a picture.

“Uhm no, she gets all her looks from me.” Donghae said earning a glare from Eunhyuk.

“You two are idiots, go away.” said Kyuhyun. “Are you going to take this one then? Or do you like the other one better?”

“I don’t know, what do you think?”

“I honestly think that this one suits you the best, but you like the other one, you can take that. You look great in either one.” Zhou Mi smiled and patted me on the back.

“I should take this one huh? Would he like it?” I mumbled looking down at the dress.

“Honey, I’m sure that he loves you just the way you are. But while we’re at it, I’ll let you have both dresses. The mint one and this pink one. You can wear this pink one on your date today and as for the other one, you are going to practice wearing that today until your date okay?”

“Are you sure? These dresses are pretty expensive… I don’t know if I can pay you back right now.”

“It’s fine, I won’t charge you. Think of it as a gift.”

“Really? Is there anything I can do to thank you then?”

“Hmmm, I can be your 5th brother, how bout that?” Zhou Mi chuckled.

“Ahaha, sure why not?”

“Well, let’s get all of this checked out. Now that we’ve figured out the hard part, it’s time to get all the other accessories?”

“There’s more?!” My eyes widen in shock. “But I was hoping to eat….”

“Of course, I have to get you a cardigan, it’s going to be chilly tonight. And on top of that, I have to get you some flats or wedges, and a bag, and some necklace or bracelet!” Zhou Mi trailed on as he hurriedly walked away.

“I’ll go get you some food. What do you want? The usual?” Kyuhyun asked seeing the desperation in my eyes. I nodded sat him and went back inside the dressing room to change.

When I walked back out, I noticed that Eunhyuk was the only one waiting outside.

“What happened to the other two?” I asked, looking around.

“They went with Kyu to buy food.” Eunhyuk took the load from my arms and started walking towards the register.

“Hey, Eunhyuk? Thank you for today. I really mean it, thanks for helping me out.” I smiled.

“Anything for my baby sister.” Eunhyuk grinned. “Tell me if that punk ever does make you sad kay?”

“Ahaha, yeah, I will. But what can you do about it?” I joked.

“Well, I can gather our gang along with Leeteuk and we can all go teach him not to mess with our baby sister.”

“Hmm, how’s Leeteuk? I haven’t seen him in a while. I kinda miss him.” I confessed.

“Your brother is doing just fine. You know he actually worries for you a lot, it’s just that his schedule is so cramped right now that he can’t visit you. Don’t be too disappointed.”

“I’m not, I just really miss him.” I sighed.

“Yeah, I mi-…”

“I found it!” Zhou Mi shouted as he ran towards us with a bundle in his arms.

“What’s all this?” I asked, examining the things that he was holding,

“I found all the last necessitates.” He smiled as he flashed some of the items in my face and dropped them all off at the counter. “Put it all on my tab.”

“Are you really sure? This seems like a lot of money, I don’t want to make you pay for all of it. I pay for half of it.”

“NO! This is what an older brother should be doing for his one and only baby sister okay?” ZhouMi smiled as he ruffled my hair.

“Hmm trying to bribe her huh? Ain’t going to work, I’m already her favorite brother.” Eunhyuk smirked.

After getting everything checked out, Sungmin and the rest came back with to-go boxes in their hands. The 6 of us sat down and ate together while doing a little chit-chat. Well, they were doing the talking, I was just zoning out and staring at my phone.

“Hana!” Kyuhyun said, kicking my feet to get my attention.

I looked blankly back at him.

“I bet you don’t even remember that you’re wearing a dress huh? Getting used to it already? That excited for your date with your Marky Mark?” Kyuhyun smirked.

“Ew, don’t call him that!” I glared.

“Aww she’s getting so protective of him. Ahh young love, I remember that.” Donghae smiled as he looked up at the ceiling.

“What are you, 50?” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. “Anyways, Hana, you have to get your hair do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter