Chapter 4

Every Lady Wants a Piece of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I slumped onto the car seat the moment I got in. I have to write an essay tonight plus I have to pay for this bastard’s dinner. How did my life become turn upside down in a matter of a few days? This is unbelievable, I have never in my life paid for anyone else’s food besides my own. My precious money that I was saving to buy kpop albums and posters are all going to disappear thanks to him.

“Hmm, so where is the most expensive chicken place?” He said buckling his seatbelt and looked over at me. “Yah, put on your seatbelt too, I don’t wanna be responsible if you died.”

“Ughh just shuddup and drive.” I groaned and grabbed the seatbelt.

“You gotta tell me where first dummy.”

“You wanted to eat chicken right? Take the first left when at the intersection and just head straight from there.”

“Why are you so grumpy? If anything, I should be the grumpy one. I had nothing to eat, and I waited hours for your to come home.”

“I have to write an essay that’s due tomorrow and I have to use my saved up money to buy you food.”

“What are you saving up for anyways? More food? Damn girl, you eat a lot.  Ever thought of going on a diet?”

“Uh no, . I’m saving up for more albums and posters. And it’s funny how you think your opinion matters to me. My weight and appetite is none of your business.”

“Chill, I was just sayin’. Don’t come running to me when people call you a fatass.”

“I don’t care what society thinks of me. that, I ain’t got time for bull.”

“So you don’t care about what people say about you?”

“Nope, why should I care about such trivial matters? Anyway, stop talking and make the left.”

“Hmmm, I don’t feel like eating chicken anymore. How about seafood?”

“…..Why are you so bipolar? Make up your mind, geez. I ain’t got time for you.” I scoffed

“Nahhh, I should stick to chicken.”

I let out a sigh and banged my head against the window.

“Hey, chill, you’re gonna break my window with your hard-head!”

“……I hate you.” I glared.

 

~~

Once we’ve entered the restaurant, we picked the booth next to the window. I sat down on one side while Mark sat on the opposing side.

“Do you know what you want to order?” I asked handing him a menu.

“What do you recommend?”

“I would say th-…”

“Never mind, I don’t need your help. You probably have horrible taste in food.”

I sat there resisting the urge to choke him. I am 100% done with him and I’ve only known him for a few days. Not even a week yet. How does anyone put up with him? Why does he have to be my neighbor? Why him out of all people?

“How long are you gonna take picking something out? I have things to do ya know.” I said tapping my fingers impatiently on the table.

“I’ll take as long as I want, I don’t really care what you have to get done so stop talking.”

I glared at him, “We’re ready to order~” I waved to the nearest waiter.

“I’ll have a strawberry milkshake and a large order of the buffalo and bbq wings.” I said as I grabbed the menu from his hands. He looked at me in disbelief.

“Would that be all?” asked the waiter as he jotted it down on his pad.

“Yup, oh and he’ll have a coke.”

“Okay, your order should be ready in 15 minutes.”

“Thanks.” I smiled as he left.

“What the hell? I didn’t get to order what I wanted.”

“Look here mr.bipolar, I don’t have time for you and your . I’m already paying for all of this so I suggest you shut your mouth before I stab you with this plastic knife!” I raised the knife and pointed at him.

“Ugh your mood is pissing me off, how about I help you write that damn essay.”

“Nope, write the whole essay for me. I am paying for this.”

“You’re paying for this because I waited 4 hours without food. You either take my offer or nothing at all.” He said crossing his arms.

“……..I don’t need your help. I got this.”

“Sure, whatever.” He said pulling out his phone.

I did the same, I pulled out my phone and played games. We both sat there in silence waiting for the food to come out.

“Damn, those girls over at that table are pretty cute looking.”

I glanced up and looked in his direction. I rolled my eyes and asked, “Are you here to eat or to check out girls?”

“Both, killing 2 birds with one stone.” He smirked.

“You disgust me.” I threw a napkin at me.

“Stop being a hypocrite, I’m pretty sure you do the same.”

“Uhh I ain’t thirsty like you.” I said as I continued playing on my phone.

“I’m not thirsty, I just appreciate pretty girls when I see them.”

“Sure, whatever. Don’t talk to me, I don’t like ratchet people like you.”

“You should thank me for even sitting at the same table at you, obviously I’m too good for you.”

“You’re gross. I would never ever like you like that. Not in this lifetime.”

“Are you sure? I mean, I wouldn’t blame you if you did fall for me. I gotta admit, I’m pretty irresistible.” He winked.

I kept a straight face and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter