Chapter 12

Every Lady Wants a Piece of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a miracle that I was able to fall asleep after what had happened, but I did.  Although that did help take my mind off of things, everything just became awkward. Well, more like, I was the only one being awkward.  But in a situation like that, who wouldn’t be awkward and uncomfortable? To make things worse, I thought that it would be best to avoid him for now… which was almost practically impossible to do due to our circumstances.

The moment I woke up, I realized that everyone was already packing to go home. Mark had packed my things and told me about it in the morning, and that was basically the only conversation that we had. I guess that Mark figured out how I was feeling and what was going on from my very obvious actions. So when it was time to drive back home, I had requested to ride with my parents instead. Surprisingly, Mark didn’t make any comments regarding my choice, which I honestly had mixed feelings about. I was happy that I wouldn’t have to be uncomfortable on the whole way home, but at the same time, I was upset about not having anyone to talk with during the trip home. I was relieved, yet frustrated at the same. It could be my period that was giving me the mood swings, I don’t really know.

But I wasn’t the only one with the mood swings. I mean, Mark went from a caring to such a cold and quiet person in short time period. He gave off the vibes that I felt when I first saw him, that cold and harsh vibe. Bipolar butthead, acting like I don’t even exist anymore... Well, two can play at that game.

During the whole trip, all my parents did was talk about what they were like when they were young. Geez, I couldn’t even go to sleep. Throughout the whole ride, I kept replaying the situation that happened last night over and over again in my head. That bipolar butthead actually cared for me right? I mean, he did seem to worry a lot. At the exact moment, I had a flashback to what the old lady at the cash register said to me the night I went out with Mark to the supermarket. She did say that he would be a caring sweetheart towards the person he loves or likes right? Well or something along the lines of that. He seemed like he cared, so does that mean he likes me? It doesn’t have to be that “like like” right? It could just be the normal kind of like, where he likes me a person or friend, whatever the heck he considers me.

Wait, Hana, does it really matter if he “likes like” you or just “likes” you? Well maybe…. It doesn’t hurt to find out…

By the time we reached home it was already dark outside, my parents carefully helped me upstairs to my bedroom where I quickly got changed into more comfortable clothing and laid down on my bed. I immediately crashed the moment I was able to lay down on my wonderful bed once again.

I awoke to hear hurried footsteps running up the stairs and heading straight for my room. I groaned and looked around my room. What time is it? And who the hell is coming to see me so early in the morning?

I pulled the blanket over my head and attempted to go back sleep. The door swung open and I turned around to see my 3 idiots rushing in.

“Hana, we’ve come to visit you~!” Donghae screamed as he ran in followed by Sungmin and Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk ran over and gave me a big squeeze, “Hana, did you miss me?”

“No, now get off.”

“What? Why don’t you miss me?!”

“You just disturbed my sleep. How the hell did you guys even find out that I came back today?”

“Your brother told us, and I’m guessing that he found out from your mom.” Sungmin answered as he set down a plastic bag on my night stand.

“Well, why did you even come so early in the morning though?! Geez, I need sleep.” I whined.

“Your brother told us to take his place for now since he couldn’t come home to check on you. So as of right now, you officially have 4 older brothers! How great is that?” Donghae exclaimed.

“I think one is enough…”

“You love me the most right? I’m your favorite right?” Eunhyuk asked as he threw his arms around me once again.

“No, now get off before I punch you.”

“Why? But you’re my favorite little sister!” Eunhyuk replied.

“Sungmin and Donghae are my favorites. Stop touching me and I might reconsider.” I said as I sat up in bed.

“So how’s your foot? Does it still hurt?” Sungmin asked as he shoved Eunhyuk off the bed.

“It’s a little better now. It doesn’t hurt as much.”

“We got you some porridge.” Donghae pulled a little container out of plastic bag and showed it to me.

“Guys, it’s not like I’m sick, I just have a foot injury…”

“Well, Leeteuk specially told us to bring this to you and make you eat it.” Donghae said as he whipped out a spoon.

“Oh well, I’ll eat it later. I don’t really feel like eating right now.” I sighed.

“So are you going to tell me about that guy that you were talking about?” Donghae questioned. 

Eunhyuk perked his head up and ran straight towards me from his where he was sitting across the room. The three of them gathered on my bed, waiting for me to tell them more about Mark.

“So I’m assuming that Sungmin told you guys a few things already right?”

“Yeah, but that wasn’t enough.” Donghae replied as he scooted closer.

“Well, listen carefully cause I don’t want to have to retell the whole thing twice okay? So Mom suddenly told me a few days before break that we were going to go on a ski resort. I wasn’t really excited because you know me, I don’t like being outside. Anyways, that wasn’t all, she told me that the neighbors were coming along too. Well Mark and I were still on pretty bad terms with each other at that time, so I was pretty pissed. He didn’t want to come on this trip either, but in the end he was forced to go. And to make things worse, the adults decided to put me and him together during the drive to the resort. And somehow, we got lost and we had to stay in a hotel together because that butthead didn’t wan-..”

“Wait you stayed in the same hotel room with him for one whole night?!” Eunhyuk shouted.

“Yeah? But calm down, we didn’t do anything weird. And don’t interrupt me.” I rolled my eyes. “As I was saying, we went to the supermarket that night and there was this old cashier lady who though that we were together and she told me some strange things. But moving on, a couple of days ago, the adults thought that it would be a good idea for Mark to teach snowboarding, but being the little butthead he was, he pushed me down the hill suddenly and I ended up like this.”

“Oh so wh-…”

“And you know what else? That little kid was so darn bipolar. He went to somewhat caring to being such an in an instant. Like when I was injured, he took care of me and was pretty nice right? And then just yesterday, he started acting cold and such. And he was being so nosy too! He kept asking me who I was talking to and stuff! He acted like he cared for a moment and then went back to his old self ug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter