Chapter 18

Every Lady Wants a Piece of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Maaaaaaarrrkkkk.” I groaned as I turned around to find him digging through my closet. “What in the world are you doing?”

“Picking out your clothes for our movie date tomorrow.” He yelled back, venturing deeper into my closet.

“What? We’re going to see a movie tomorrow? You never told me!”

“Well, I’m telling you now. Plus, school’s almost over and you’ve already taken all your finals. It’s time to go celebrate.”

“True…. But…..”

“No buts, we de-…. Oh hey, what’s this box right here?” Mark questioned, steeping out with a box in his hands.

Box? What box? I have a box in there?

My eyes widen as I jumped up from my bed and dashed towards him to retrieve the box. I hug it tightly against my chest. “It’s nothing. Don’t touch it.”

“….What? Why? What’s so important about the box? What’s inside?” Mark eyes narrowed at me.

“N-nothing, don’t worry about it.” I said, taking a step back.

“Yah! What’s inside??”

“I told you, it’s nothing you need to worry about.” I said calmly, holding the box defensively.

Mark stood there silently for a moment before speaking up again, “If it’s nothing that I need to worry about, then why can’t you show it to me?”

“Because it’s very personal?” I said before taking the box back to me bed and securing it with my arms.

“Why are you hiding things from me? Do you not trust me?”

I knew that if I don’t try to work things out right now Mark, that there would be misunderstandings between us. But I was determined to keep the things that I had placed in this box a secret that no one else on earth would know about.

“Well, why can’t you understand that there are just things that I can’t show you because it’s part of my private life? Am I not allowed to have some privacy here?” I glared, feeling infuriated.

“Well, am I not trustworthy enough for you? Why is it that you are hiding things from me?”

“I wasn’t hiding anything from you!”

“Then how do you explain that box that you’re holding so preciously?” Mark raised his voice while pointing at the box in my arms.

“Mark, you’re overreacting, just calm down. What is wrong with you?”

Mark stood there and stared at me for a while, causing the tension to increase between us. I knew that Mark gets scary when he’s mad or pissed, but no matter what, I wasn’t planning to spill whatever was in this box to him.

Mark suddenly scoffs as if he’d just realized something. I stare up at him, startled. “It has something to do with that guy doesn’t it?”

“Huh? What are you taking about?”

“Don’t play dumb, you know exactly who I’m talking about! It’s always that damn ing guy, isn’t it! That damn “best friend” of yours.” Mark said mockingly.

“Yah! Don’t you da-…”

I stopped and look down at my ringing phone. After seeing Kyuhyun’s name, I quickly pick up.

“What?!” I screamed into the phone.

“Oh uhm, I see now’s not the best time, but there’s something that I have to tell you.”

“Kyuhyun, not now, I’ll call you later.” I said, hanging up.

“All you ever ing hang around is guys. Have you ever noticed that? A guy here, a guy there, you’re always with some ing guy!”

“What nonsense are you spouting now? You never had a problem with me hanging around them, but now all of a sudden you do? What, do you not trust me?”

“No, the question here is, why don’t you trust me? Why can’t you show me what’s in the box? If you’d trust me, you wouldn’t care about what’s inside and just shown it to me. But you do care, meaning you don’t trust me.”

“What you said didn’t even make sense, Mark!”

“You still care for him don’t you?” Mark said, accusingly.

“You know what Mark? Yes, I still care for him, a lot actually. But you know who else I ing care about? You. And right now, I don’t want to talk to you anymore, just get out.” I said pointing to the door.

Mark was hesitant to leave, but he eventually walked out, shutting the door with a loud bang. I heaved a sigh and brought the dangling bracelet on my arm up to my face.

“Mark, you’re really frustrating sometimes.” I muttered as I stare at the 3 charms on the bracelet. Mark gave me this bracelet the day he asked me out, back then there was only one charm on it. He explained that for each month we’ve been together, he’ll get me a new charm. We’ve been together for almost 3 months now so I’m supposed to be getting my fourth charm pretty soon….but at this rate, I doubt we’ll see each other for another day or two.

I stood up and walked back to my desk an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter