Appendix

Shifting Lives

Special Terms:

¥Alpha: The ruling member of a pack picked by the members of the pack – usually the strongest member.  He is second only to the Council of Elders.

¥Ascension:  The ability for a Pure to draw the shifter blood in their mates to the surface, essentially making them Pures instead of whatever designation they might have been. 

¥Beta Trials:  A series of exercises and tests a Gamma shifter endures over a course of several months to qualify to move up the rank into Beta status: a pack’s policing members.  All tests would be administered under a full moon. 

¥Betas: The enforcers of the packs/clans.  Answerable directly to the Alpha.

¥Book of the Gypsy Queen: The shifter's bible.  Ancient writings that acts like an instructional manual for the shifters.  A wealth of knowledge is suppose to be inscribed there. 

¥Challenge of Vengeance:  A physical battle wherein the challenger accuses his opponent of wrongs they seek to avenge.  Neither parties are allowed to withdrawal or retreat once the issue has been challenged.  The combatants fights to the death in front of their Elders as a means to settle their grievance.  Considered an old and barbaric method of settling disputes; seldom done. 

¥Council of Elders: A five member panel consisting of the wisest pack members, the council itself choices its own members.  (No age limitations.) 

¥Elder Scrolls: Written documentation of each clan's history.  Each clan has their own set of scrolls. 

¥Gammas:  Pack members rank that falls below Betas and before Omegas.  A majority of the pack fall under this rank.

¥Holy Ground: Land that's been blessed by mysterious forces that keeps Shifters from being able to transform/change. 

¥Lone Wolf: to voluntarily withdrawal from a pack and its protection.  Considered an unnatural state for a shifter. 

¥Mating Dreams: Of-Age females receive dreams that foretell their True Mates.  These dreams determine which members of their species will propagate.  

¥Omegas:  Pack member rank that fall under Gammas.  The only non-combative members of the pack for physical or philosophical reasons.  

¥Pure-Shifter: A shifter that has no designation; can change into anything they wish.  Their eyes glow blue/green when they turn. 

¥Sanctuary/Neutral Grounds – An agreed upon territory where no fighting is allowed between the different packs/clans.  A place where refugees can seek shelter during turbulent times or safety from persecution. 

¥Sister Seers – Every generation or two, a pair of sisters would be born with the gift of sight.  It is prophesized that the elder sister would bring wealth and prosperity while the younger would be the harbinger of death and destruction.  Therefore, most often the younger sisters of seers are killed very young. 

¥Tribunal: A gathering of Elders from the 5 Clans that make decisions pertaining to events/actions that concerns the 5 clans collectively, i.e. Admission to Sanctuary. 

¥True Mate: Soul mates destined by the moon for the shifter society.  Determined through a ritual, a True Mate increase the strength and life expectancy for the couple – an augmentation of their already inherent powers.  True Mates are also the only ones can than produce the next generation of shifters; only their children of two Shifters have the necessary genetic makeup to transform.

 

Character/Actor Index:

Aaron | Aaron Yan [飛輪海]
Allen | Huang Hong Sheng
Benji | Ban Jie [武虎將]
Bernice | Yi Zhen Cai (WuXiong)
Calvin | Calvin Chen [飛輪海]
Chun | Chun Wu [formerly 飛輪海]
David | BoYan [formerly 武虎將]
Deng | Deng Hua Dun [東城衛 - 鐙]
Ella | Ella Chen [S.H.E]
Emily | Zhi Yun Cai (Han)
Emma | Ying Jie Wu (GuiGui)
Fei | Wen Yu Fei (Qiu Qiu)
Genie | Genie Zhuo
George | George Hu [武虎將]
Jie | Michael Chen [東城衛 - 戒]
Jing | Jing Chang
Jiro | Jiro Wang [飛輪海]
Kai | Xiu Jie Kai
Kirsten | Kirsten Ren
Lily | Lily Tien
Matthew | Ming Jie [SpeXial]
Ming | Li Ming Han [東城衛 - 冥]
Nick | Huang Niu [強辯樂團 - 黃牛]
Nylon | Nylon Chen
Pets | Pets Ceng
Rainie | Rainie Yang
Sam | Zi Hong [SpeXial]
Sean | Shao Xiang [武虎將]
Selina | Selina Ren [S.H.E]
Show | Luo Zhi Xiang
Simon | Simon Yam
Wayne | Wei Jin [SpeXial]
Wes | Hong Zheng [武虎將, SpeXial]
Xiu | Xiu Chen [東城衛 - 脩]