New Friends

Spying My Fiancé (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEVEN—NEW FRIENDS

 

"We could've stayed longer in France, you know." CL said as they walked through the empty hallway of the building where they were staying.

"I know. But I miss Seoul." Minzy answered, trailing behind.

CL chuckled. “Is Seoul your new nickname for Taemin?”

Minzy’s face reddened. “U-unnie! It’s not that! Aigoo!”

“I’m just kidding. Look at your face. It’s so red like your hair.” This time, CL laughed louder.

“This unnie. Really.” Minzy said, shaking her head. “You know we haven't verified our enrolment."

"We could just verify it on the first day of classes." CL nonchalantly answered as she stopped in front their flat.

"And what? Cram things out?" Minzy said, stopping behind CL.

"I love cramming." CL chuckled as she punched in the code.

"Unnie," Minzy called CL's attention.

CL looked over her shoulder. "Hmm?"

"Can you hear that?"

"What?" CL stopped and listened to her surroundings. A Beyonce song was playing. Both of them looked at each other when they realized where the sound was coming from. They both looked at the door behind them.

"Someone bought it already?" Minzy asked.

"Maybe." CL said as she stepped closer towards the door. She pressed her ear onto the door and it was indeed a Beyonce song playing inside. "I hope it's a girl." CL said facing Minzy. "It's high time we meet other friends."

"Wae? Are you getting tired of me, unnie?" Minzy asked.

"Yeah." CL kidded.

"Yah!" Minzy stomped her feet.

CL chuckled as she opened the door and drag her suitcase inside. "I'm just kidding. You know I love you."

"I knew it." Minzy said, following her best friend inside. "I hope the girl isn't like UEE and her friends." Minzy added.

"If she's like them, I will never go near her." CL announced plopping down the leather sofa.

"Me either." Minzy said.

"Let's go check her." CL suggested.

"Can we do it later or tomorrow? I wanna sleep." Minzy yawned.

"Okay. Let's bake some cookies for our neighbor too."

 

Earlier that evening…

 

"Is she here?" CL tried to peek on the peephole.

"Are you sure it's a girl?" Minzy said, holding the container with cookies in her hands.

"I just have a feeling." CL shrugged. She knocked thrice on the door, and they heard a girl’s voice saying, "I didn't change the code Jaepoop!"

CL looked at Minzy who was chuckling. "Jaepoop?"

"Clever."

"Uhm, it's not Jaepoop?" CL said. "It's your neighbors." She added.

After a moment, the door opened revealing a girl in an oversized hoodie and leggings. "Oh," The girl looked at them with slightly opened.

"Annyeonghasaeyo!" CL waved her hands. "My name is Lee Chaerin. But you can call me CL. And this girl behind me is Minzy. We're best friends. We live in front." CL grinned, pointing to a door behind her.

 

 

♦ Dara’s POV ♦

"Umma! Have you talked to appa?" I cried as lie on the sofa. I asked for her help about the marriage before I get here and she told me she'll talk to appa.

"Yes, honey. And he won't listen to me. He's so hard-headed." She answered, her voice laced with irritation.

"Umma! Do anything you can! I don't wanna get married!"

"Hush, honey. Yes, yes. I will. Don't worry." Mom assured me.

"Call me, okay?"

"Okay. For the meantime, don't hate your father."

"You know I can't hate him." I honestly told her.

I heard her sigh. "Take care in there. Aigoo~ I miss you."

"I miss you too, umma. Tell Thunder, I miss him too." I weakly said. My brother may be a brat, but I love him.

"I will. Bye. Love you."

"Love you."

I sighed as I stare at my reflection on the television screen. It's been almost a week since I arrived here in Korea. Nothing much really happened. I talk to my best friends everyday-- especially to Jiyong. They told me they're preparing for the coming school year which I find quite odd since I we never prepared back there. Jaejoong visits me once in a while since he's busy. And Suho, well, we've been constantly texting each other. He's a nice guy, I can tell. And he told me he also studies at YSJ which is a good thing. I didn’t ask him about Kris though, because that would make me a total creep. If you know what I mean?

 

I was about to go to my bedroom and just sleep, since I have nothing better to do when I heard some knocks on the door. Thinking it was just Jaejoong, I shouted, "I didn't change the code, Jaepoop!"

"Uhm, it's not Jaepoop? It's your neighbors." A girl's voice said.

 

Oooooh…

 

I hurriedly stood up from my seat and walked towards the door. Somehow, the thought of talking to girls made me excited. I opened the door and here were two girls standing there; a blonde haired girl and a short red-haired girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter