He Rejected Sandara Park

Spying My Fiancé (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TWO – HE REJECTED SANDARA PARK

 

♦ Dara’s POV ♦

“Well, you see… You’re getting married.”

 

I gulped once… Twice… Waiting for my father to crack a smile and say that he’s kidding. Come on! He’s kidding, of course! Marriage? I’m not even a successful actress yet!

I stared at my father expectantly, but nothing came out of his mouth. Maybe it’s a joke? Yeah. Maybe it is. I should laugh then…

 

“No reaction? Good. I thought you’re going to take it too ser—“

Before he could finish what he was saying, I laughed out loud. Really loud. “That was the greatest joke. Day made!” I exclaimed, clutching my stomach from too much laughing.

“Sandara Park, you think I’m joking?” Appa asked, narrowing his eyes at me.

I stopped laughing in an instant. “You mean, you’re serious?” I asked, hoping he’d answer no. But much to my disappointment, he nodded. “What? I woke up at ten AM only to hear this?” My voice raised an octave higher. “Where’s the camera? Am I on a reality show where they prank people?” I asked, frantically looking around.

“You’re not on a reality show. I’m serious Sandara Park. You’re getting married.” My father said calmly leaving me dumbfounded.

“This is insane!” I stood up from my seat and looked down at my father unbelievably. Okay… Maybe I’m still drunk? Maybe this is not happening at all.

 

Okay, Sandara Park. Close your eyes and take a deep breath. And then sing Rihanna’s Diamonds inside your head. And then when you open your eyes, you’ll be back in your bed. Okay…

 

Nothing. I’m still standing and I can see my father’s puzzled face.

 

Waaaaaaah!

 

I need my mother. She’s the only one who can help me with these. UGH! Why does she have to stay in Paris?

“Sit down and I’ll explain.” My father said and even though I wanted to run away I did what he told me. I took a lungful of breaths and settled my gaze on the plate full of bacon in front of me. I need something that would make me calm and my favorite breakfast will be a big help. “Okay... So, basically you’re getting married after you graduate from college.”

“Please tell me something I don’t know.” I retorted without looking at him. This is so not right. Arranged marriage isn’t a thing now. It’s 21st century for Pete’s sake. Everyone finds love by themselves.

“Okay, you want something you don’t know… Let’s see… My best friend and I made a pact back in high school,”

“What do I have to do with that?” I can’t help but interrupt.

“Let me finish.”

I closed my mouth and focused my gaze on the bacon in front of me. “So, we made a pact that we’ll match our eldest child together. We wrote it in a paper and we signed it using our own bloods. And yes, a pact made and signed with blood is sacred and should be done whatever happens. It so happens that I saw this best friend of mine in Paris. I thought he already forgot about it not until I asked how his children are doing. And you know… That’s where it started.”

“First of all, why would you make such a stupid pact? Second, what if his eldest child is a female? Third, why would you put my future on the line?” I asked.

“First, we made the pact because we’re the very best of friends and his genes combined with ours would definitely produce talented and pretty babies. Second, his eldest is a male and is about your age. Third, like what I said, I want the best for you.” He explained. I looked at him this time.

“But arranged marriage is so outdated, appa!” I cried, stomping my feet. “Tell me the truth. Is our business on the dumps? And you need your best friend’s money?”

He shook his head. “Dara, we don’t care about the money here. Jin told me that his son is a good man. He excels in his studies. He doesn’t play with girls. He’s collected and very nice.”

“But what about my dream of becoming a famous actress?”

“Dara, you can pursue your dream. No one’s stopping you.”

“Do you think they would like a married woman to star in movies and TV series?”

“If it’s you, then of course!” He grinned, showing his gums.

“Appa! I don’t want to get married! Did the guy even agree to this?”

“Jin told me his son, Kris, knew.” I jerked up upon hearing a familiar name.

“K-kris?”

“Yes. That’s the name of your fiancé.” I cringed at the last word. Kris? Could it be him? Ani. Ani. It’s impossible. There’s a lot of Kris in the world.

“What’s the full name of your best friend?” I asked. I need to make sure.

“Wu Jin.”

“W-wu?” I felt my heart sank onto the pit of my stomach. I stood up upon realizing something. Oh my god. This is not happening. “I’m going to marry Kris Wu?!” My father looked startled at my sudden outburst. “Nooooooo! I don’t want to marry that guy! No. No. No. Anyone but him, appa!” I cried-shouted whilst stomping my feet.

“What’s wrong with him?” My father asked.

“What’s wrong with him? You’re asking me what’s wrong with him?” I incredulously asked. “Everything! Everything about him is wrong!”

“Wait… You know this Kris guy?”

“Oh, yes you bet!” I scoffed remembering my first and last encounter with Kris Wu.

 

//Flashback//

A seven year old Dara stares at a tall kid not from afar. His messy brown hair and serious expression made Dara admire him more. She smiled unconsciously and clutched the packed lunch that she was holding tighter.

This is the day she’s going to tell Kris Wu that she likes him.

Dara knew Kris since first grade. They were never in the same class but upon settling her cute little brown eyes on the kid; her little heart developed a little crush on him. They never talked though. Kris was always quiet. Mysterious. And it got Dara curious.

And now, before they all take their summer vacation, Dara decided to tell him her little feelings. Kris was sitting on a swing and was looking straight ahead. He seemed to be in deep thought. Little Dara took little steps to where little Kris was sitting. She stood in front of her catching Kris’ attention. Kris looked up at the girl and stared at her confused.

“Hello! My name is Sandara Park. But people call me Dara. I’m from the other section.” Little Sandara chirped confidently. Kris on the other hand just stared at her. Little Dara felt a bit awkward. “Ahh!” She exclaimed upon realizing the packed lunch she was holding. “Uhm… I like you! Please accept thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter