Tao's Dream

Spying My Fiancé (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THIRTEEN—TAO'S DREAM

 

EXO’s dorm; Living room

 

Kris opened the door to their dorm and was greeted by an unusual quietness inside. He roam his eyes around and saw Kai and Luhan playing X Box; Suho and Chen were writing down something on the left corner; Chanyeol is hugging his guitar whilst looking outside the window together with Baekhyun; and the others are nowhere to be seen.

 

He was sure it is still because of the "talk" Suho gave them. Kris’ lips curved into a playful smirk as he started walking towards the bedroom. Before he could even get near the bedroom door, a voice stopped him.

"Oh, Kris hyung. You're here." It was Sehun. He just came out from the bedroom.

He just gave him a curt nod and was about to opened the bedroom door when his gaze caught Kai looking intently at him. His eyebrows creased. Kai has been giving him weird stares since yesterday and he doesn't have any idea why! Did he do something wrong? Did he accidentally delete all the X Files he was keeping on his laptop? Okay. He's sure the last one isn't the reason since he never touched Kai's laptop. He was about to ask him why, when D.O. appeared from the kitchen. "Guys, dinner's ready." He announced before throwing him an accusing look.

O...kay?

First, Kai and now Kyungsoo?

Can someone please enlighten him on what's going on?

He clicked his tongue and opened the door to the bedroom. He walked in and was surprised to see Tao inside sitting on the sofa on the far end of the room and was looking out the window. If he noticed his presence, he doesn't know because Tao didn't spare him a glance. He tossed his bag to the bed and removed his coat and tie. He walked towards his closet and grabbed shorts and t-shirt. He glanced at Tao and the guy was still not looking at him. Shrugging, he stripped down to change clothes. He doesn't really mind if he goes in front of his friends and vice versa. Lay, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were the only ones who don’t really strip off anywhere.

 

When he was finished putting on his clothes, he put his dirty uniform on the laundry and decided to go out since according to D.O., dinner's ready.

 

He once again looked at Tao and he seems really to be in a deep thought.

"Tao," he called but he didn't answer. "Tao," he repeated but to no avail. "Huang Zitao," this time his voice was louder. So it's either he's way too deep into thinking something or he's just plain deaf. Letting out a frustrated sigh, he walked over to him too see what's up only to find out that he was sleeping.

Kris nudged the younger guy on the shoulder while calling his name. Tao groggily looked up and saw him. He blinked a few times before realizing that he had fallen asleep and Kris woke him up. He gave Kris a lazy smile whilst rubbing his eyes. "Dinner," Kris simply said before walking away.

Tao stretched his arms and yawned before calling out to Kris who was about to reach the door knob. "Hyung!"

Kris half-spun to his direction. "What?"

"I had a dream about Dara noona." He smiled and started walking towards him.

Kris rolled his eyes. "I don't care." He answered and held the door knob.

"But you were in it!" Tao said and pouted. Kris looked at Tao with an "are-you-kidding-me" look. The younger guy frowned. "The two of you are getting married and we're all crying but then before Dara noona could say "I do", she said she doesn't really want to get married at you but to me; the great Huang Zitao." He gave Kris a triumphant smile as he placed a hand over his chest.

What the did he just hear? "What the actual--"

Tao patted his shoulders as if consoling him. "It's alright. After all, no one can resist my charm." He then walked out of the room laughing.

 

 

EXO's dorm; Dining room

 

Suho and his friends are all now on the dining room except for Kris and Tao. They were all patiently waiting because Kris just arrived and he's probably changing clothes. There was an obvious tension on the table as no one has really said a word.

The leader knew it has to do something about the 'talk' they had with regards to Dara. His gaze caught Chanyeol looking at him but the giant immediately looked away. When he looked at Luhan, who openly pleaded not to take Dara away from him, noticed that he was looking at him, looked down on his plate and stared at it as if there’s something really interesting in there.

He then let out a sigh. Are they angry at him? He hopes not. He just told them to minimize the talk about Dara and as much as possible try not to bicker about her; which turns out, them not speaking at all.

He was about to say something to them when they heard a loud laugh. Their heads turned to look at the entrance and they saw Tao walking towards them while clutching his stomach because of too much laughing.

 

"What's so funny?" Chen asked.

Tao slowly stopped laughing and gave them a wave before going to his seat beside Baekhyun. "I just had the best dream ever." He announced as he looked at the curious faces of his friends. Kris, on the other hand, took a seat beside Suho.

"What dream?" Chanyeol, who was sitting in front of Tao, asked.

"It's about Dara noona." He said slowly, holding his index finger in the air.

As soon as Dara's name was mentioned, a few pair of eyes glanced uneasily at Suho. They've been told not to mention or talk about Dara whenever they are together because it would surely start something not really good between them.

Baekhyun's eyes widen as he shot a "shut up" look at Tao. The said guy doesn't seem to care at all as he smiled giddily.

"What about her?" Suho asked which surprised the guys.

Chanyeol who sensed that Suho wanted to know what the dream was about, turned to look at Tao. "Y-yeah! What about Dara?"

"She's getting married with Kris hyung—“

"WHAT?!" The guys shouted which made Kris and Lay squint.

"What the hell?" Baekhyun uttered in utmost disgust as his gaze shifts from Tao to Kris and then back to Tao.

"Kris hyung?!" Chanyeol yelled.

"Dara noona getting married?!" Sehun cried.

"Your dream's a trash." Kai said.

Tao rolled his eyes at his friends. "Let me finish."

"Oh, that's not it yet?" Suho can’t help but sigh in relief.

Tao nodded. "Yeah. Because Dara noona didn't say I do." He smiled giddily.

Chen stared at Tao with a feeling that he's not going to like what he is going to say next. So before Tao could continue speaking, he beat him to it. "Because Dara wanted to get married to me instead. And Tao was so happy for the both of us. The end. Now let's eat." Chen said as he reached for his chopsticks.

His friends shot him a look and Tao was ready to murder him. "That's not it! Actually—“

"Okay. Stop it." Suho said as he raises his one hand showing authority. He was sure they’re going to start bickering again.

"But hyungggg~" Tao whined.

"Didn't we talk about this last night? As much as possible minimize or no mentioning Dara, right?" Suho said in a fatherly voice.

Tao closes his mouth but opens it again when he remembered something. "But you were curious, too hyung!" Suho was about to protest but Tao stopped him. "Don't deny it hyung! You're the first one to ask about my dream." Tao slyly smiled. "So, I suggest you forget about the talk we had yesterday because let's face it hyung, Dara noona already invaded our hearts." Tao said, placing his hand over his chest for emphasis.

"Huang Zitao." Suho said in a warning tone.

But Tao didn't listen. He didn't even agree with his hyung's absurd idea of not mentioning Dara every time they're together, which is always! "Hyung, are you afraid Dara is going to like one of us, instead of you?" Tao ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter