Rooftop

Spying My Fiancé (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TWELVE—ROOFTOP

 

Dara was furious.

 

Today was supposed to be just another day of her finding a definite and effective way of spying Kris. But no.

 

Dara's mother called her this morning as she was getting ready for school telling her that marrying Kris isn't actually a bad idea after all. She thought she misheard her mother but then again, she said it loud and clear. And to think she was excited about her mother calling her.

 

*Flashback* "Hello mom!" Dara said through the phone with so much energy. Somehow, she has this feeling that her mom will tell her some good news. "Honey!" Her mother answered with the same energy as hers. "So, what's up?" She asked, sitting in front of her vanity mirror. "Have you talked to Appa yet?" Her voice was hopeful as she turns the speaker on and placing the phone on top of the table. "Dara," her mother started as Dara started to put some BB cream on her face. "About that, you see I think you should go on with the marriage." Dara's eyes widen as she stopped dipping her finger on the small container. "Can you repeat that?" She asked, silently praying she heard her mother wrong. "I said you should go on with the marriage. I think marrying Kris isn't a bad idea after all." Her mother explained calmly. "Omma! The marriage itself is a bad idea! Why are you saying that all of a sudden? What did appa tell you to side with him?" Dara panicked. "Your dad has nothing to do with this. After thinking about it, I really want to see you get married with someone like Kris." "You don't even know him!" Her mother chuckled. "But I know he's a good person." Dara's mouth fell open as she tried to understand what her mother just said. Kris? A good person? “You don't know what you're talking about omma." Dara snorted. "Kris is everything but good." "How'd you say that? Have you talked to him? Have you spent time to get to know him?" Her mother questioned. For a moment, Dara was speechless. But then again, basing on what he had shown her the past two days, she was sure Kris is a jerk. "Trust me omma. He's a good-for-nothing jerk." "Trust me too, Dara. I can see a good future with the both of you. And he's handsome. You'll make gorgeous babies!" Her mother squealed. Dara's mouth fell opened for the second time. "Omma!" She yelled. Her mother giggled. "Give him a chance. If he's done something unacceptable, I'll talk to your father again and make sure he’s going to cancel the marriage. But right now, enjoy your time with him. Who knows? You might like him." "That's impossible." She answered as she thought about what her mother said. *End of flashback*

 

She can't believe it. Her mother, who was supposed to disagree about her marriage with Kris, seems to like the idea now. Feeling pissed, she kicked the empty soda can that was on her way. Unfortunately, she kicked it so hard it hit someone.

 

"Oh!" She heard the guy said as he turned around. Dara held her breath as she recognized him.

"Lay!" She said and approached the guy. "I'm sorry. I didn't expect it to hit someone. I didn't mean to kick the can anyway. I was just..." Dara groaned when she noticed Lay staring down at her. "Nevermind. I'm really sorry."

Lay smiled at her. "It's okay. You're probably just irritated with something... or someone."

Dara returned the smile. "You're right. Anyway," she looked around Lay and noticed that he was alone. "Where are your friends?"

"They're probably just lurking around." Lay answered.

"Why aren't you with them?" Dara questioned.

Lay scratched the back of his head. "I was with them earlier. But I don't know how I got here."

Dara chuckled. "Seriously?"

"Don't look at me like that." Lay embarrassingly looked away.

Dara felt herself smiling wider. "It's okay. I tend to be forgetful too." She said in an attempt to make Lay comfortable.

What she said was a lie though. She never forgets.

Lay looked at her weirdly. "Really?"

Dara nodded. "But let's not talk about that."

Lay nodded. “How about you? Why are you alone?”

“Because I want to. I needed some time to think about… things.” She answered. Suddenly, Dara had the urge to ask about Kris. But if she asked Lay about him, she might come too suspicious. Worst, he might think she's attracted to Kris.

"Do you want to ask something?" Lay asked, breaking her line of thoughts. Was she being too obvious?

"I... Well..." Dara paused. Should she ask? "Uhm, I was just thinking..." She paused again looking at Lay hesitantly. The guy's so good-looking, she nearly gasp.

"Hmm?"

"Do you know any place where I can relax? Erm... Somewhere away from people?" Dara asked instead as she was too distracted on Lay's face.

 

Lay paused to think and then he looked back at Dara with a smile. Dara literally held her breath as she saw Lay's dimple. Oh god. How could that thing make someone ten times cuter?

Yes, she admits, Lay was good looking. Hell! All of EXO are good looking. But Lay stands out for her the most. And his dimples just flattened out that statement. My, my. Now Dara was sure she's crushing on the guy.

 

“I know a place. Go to the main building's rooftop. Only a few students go there since you are going to pass by the deans' offices and they don’t want the trouble of getting questioned. But you can try." Lay suggested.

"Ah, yes." Dara nodded and hesitantly pointed at the main building which was ahead of them. "Main building."

Lay nodded. Just then, his phone beeped. Dara watched as Lay fished his phone out of his jeans’ pocket and read the message. Then he looked back at Dara, still smiling. "I'll go now. Chen already texted me. They're on the other side of the university." He explained.

Dara smiled and nodded. "Yeah. Nice bumping into you." She chuckled.

"As far as I remember you hit me with a can." He said jokingly.

Dara grinned. She felt like Lay was being comfortable with her which was a good thing. Because the first time they met, she thought she acted like a total idiot by just staring at him and she thought that scared Lay off. "I said I was sorry. And it's not like it was intentional, you know?"

Lay matched her grin. "I was just kidding." He then patted her head twice. "You're too small.” He smiled. “Bye. See you around." Without waiting for Dara to answer, Lay turned aro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter