Annyeong Korea

Spying My Fiancé (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FOUR — ANNYEONG KOREA

 

One week later – Dara’s House; 7:46 PM

 

“Do you really have to go?”

 

Dara stopped dragging her pink luggage and faced Jiyong. Pain shot her heart as she stares at the man that became a big part of her life. She’ll surely miss the guy and it doubles the pain just thinking that he’ll be miles away from him.

 

She heaved a sigh. “I need to.”

“Sandara Park! I can’t believe you’re this stupid to go to Korea to spy on that Kris Wu.” Bom exclaimed as she enveloped Dara’s petite body in her arms.

“How dare you call your best friend stupid.” Dara said, hugging her back.

Bom pulled away and pouted. She can see her best friend close to tearing up and she can’t let that happen. She looked at TOP who was standing behind Bom and said, “Seunghyun, please get your girlfriend away from me. She might not let go of me once those tears escaped her eyes.”

As if on cue, Bom hugged Dara again and started crying. “Daraaaaaaaaaa,” She wailed.

“Hush. Your makeup will be ruined.” Dara said in an attempt to stop her from crying.

“Don’t worry. It’s waterproof.” Bom answered and continued to cry. “Sandaraaaaaaaa…”

“Yah, Bom Park.” Dara started, swallowing the lump forming on . If she continued hugging her crying best friend, she might not go to Korea and stay here with her. “Let go of me.” She continued, trying to sound snotty. “I have a flight to catch in less than an hour.” She finished, praying she won’t cry.

“Bom, aren’t you being over dramatic?” Taeyang asked looking at Bom weirdly.

Bom pulled away while sniffing and glared at Taeyang. “Says the guy who almost cried after Dara’s news.” She retorted.

“Y-yah! I didn’t!” Taeyang defended but Bom just stucked her tongue out at him.

Dara giggled at their antics. “Ahhhh~ I’m going to miss you guys.” She said, blinking back the tears that are threatening to fall.

 

The five guys along with Bom looked at Dara with sad eyes. They’ve been together for years and now Dara has to go thousand miles away from them… Their Dara-- The mood maker of the group; the light of the party; that one friend who would laugh at your misfortune but will do everything to help you.

There will be no more Daesung and Dara cooking sessions.

There will be no more Dara and Taeyang gym sessions.

There will be no more Dara and Seungri’s fun midnight drinks.

There will be no more Dara and TOP’s thrilling car race.

There will be no more Dara and Bom’s salon appointments together.

And as for Jiyong? No more everything.

 

Dara noticing the quiet atmosphere, decided to lighten the ambiance. “If you are really going to miss me that much, why don’t you come with me to Korea?” She chuckled hoping it would somehow assuage the heaviness each of them are feeling right now.

 

“Do you want us to?” Jiyong asked with a serious expression.

She knows that face so well. “N-no. You don’t have to come with me in this mess.” She shook her head. “No.”

“But it would be a great idea!” Seungri said.

“Besides I haven’t been gone to Korea for years now.” Daesung added.

She looked at them incredulously. “Seriously guys? I was just kidding when I said that. This is my . I’m going to fix this alone. Okay?”

No one answered.

“Aisht~ That’s a joke. A joke. Let’s stop this, shall we? Come on.” Dara announced.

 

Little did she know, six brains are already contemplating about her joke.

 

 

Incheon International Airport – 10:34 AM

 

Dara fixed her black beanie one more time before taking a deep breath. This is it. She’s now in Korea.

 

It’s been a long time. She smiled to herself thinking the last time she was here. Korea will always be her home even though she grew up in the US. And she may not frequently visit Korea since she studies, a part of her heart stays here. And staying at her home country serves as a consolation about this whole trip.

 

“Annyeong Korea! Long time no see!” Dara said as she spread her arms wide that her right arm hits a guy walking.

“Ooof—“

 

She tilted her head to her right only to see a guy wearing sunglasses who was looking at her.

“Oh my. I’m sorry.” She said and bowed 90 degrees. The guy didn’t say something nor did something. He just stared at her. Or maybe that’s what it seems since she couldn’t because of the sunglasses the guy was wearing.

Maybe he’s blind? Aww man. I can tell he’s cute. Dara thought. “I’m really sorry.” She repeated but there was no answer from the guy. She now then waved her hand in front of his face thrice. When she still got no answer, she started doing funny faces. “Maybe he’s deaf too?” Dara asked herself.

“Uhm… Annyeong?” She said; her voice a little louder. When he didn’t answer, she gasped. She frantically looked around; hoping the guy in front of him has someone with him. But there was none except for a luggage beside the guy. “How can they let you travel alone? You’re blind. You’re deaf. What if something happens to you? Come.” She held the guy’s arm and in an instant, the guy jerked up like he has been awaken from a trance.

“I… I’m not blind nor am I deaf.” The guy said which made Dara’s mouth form an ‘o’.

“Then why aren’t you speaking?” The guy opened his mouth only to close it again. A visible blush was then seen across his cheeks. Dara’s eye widened. “You’re blushing? Kyaaaaah~ Kyeopta!” Dara suddenly pinched both of his cheeks making the guy blush even more. It’s her weakness.

The guy scratched the back of his nape unable to say anything.

“I’m sorry earlier. I didn’t see you coming.” Dara giggled. “Did it hurt?” She asked although she was sure her thin arms wouldn’t do much damage on the guy’s ribs.

This time, the guy removed his sunglasses and smiled. Heh. I was right. He’s cute. Dara thought. “It’s… It’s nothing. Really. I should be the one saying sorry since I kinda ogled at you.” He let out a chuckle. “Can’t help it.” Then he playfully winked. Gone was the shy guy.

“Smooth words.” Dara said. “I’m Dara.” But you can call me mine. Her flirty side wanted to add.

“Nice to meet you, Dara. I’m Suho.”

Suho. Dara nodded. I’ll definitely remember that.

“Nice to meet you, Suho-ssi.”

“Suho would be just fine.” He said and then a phone rang. She was certain it’s not hers since she left her phone at her house thinking she’d just buy another one when she gets to Korea.

He looked at Dara apologetically before fishing the phone out of his pocket. “Eo? I’m on my way… Yes, I got you the Gucci belt… Neh… See you guys…” He then turned to her. “I’ve got to go.” Dara smiled and nodded at him. Suho only took two steps when he turned back to her like he forgot something. “Sorry but I don’t think I’d leave this airport without asking for your number.” He said.

Dara giggled. “Left my old phone in the US. I’m planning on buying a new one today actually.” Suho’s face fell. “But you can give me your number and I’ll text

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter