Krisho/Krisbaek: To Rule

AU drabble dump

a/n: Written for the lovely MauraudingSnitch1314 who requested a royal!au. I didn't really put an emphasis on that, but I hope you still like it? I hope that this one-shot can please readers who thought that the last one was a little bit too much.

Pairings: Kris/Baekhyun and Kris/Suho

Drabble 5: To Rule

Yifan paused when he saw a flash of clothing vanish around the corner of a nearby bookshelf. “I know you’re there.”

A short figure with light brown hair and a small, pretty face stepped out from behind the bookshelf. “You caught me.”

“Baekhyun.”

“Prince Yifan.”

Yifan set his pen down and rubbed at his temples. “You don’t need to address me with my title.”

Baekhyun smiled bitterly. “I’m simple a count’s son. It wouldn’t do for me to address the crown prince in such a manner.”

“Baekhyun, there’s no one else here.”

“That’s what you think.”

Yifan shook his head. “Were you watching me?”

“What do you think?”

Yifan beckoned Baekhyun forward with his hand until the young man was standing in front of the table. “Why?”

“I leave tomorrow.”

“Ah.” Yifan leaned back in his chair. “You’re so melodramatic.”

Baekhyun tossed his head. “I wanted to see you one last time, alone.”

“So you were planning on getting caught?” Yifan raised an eyebrow when Baekhyun smirked.

“Everything I do has a purpose.”

Yifan snorted. “Now you sound like your mother.”

Baekhyun’s smile wavered slightly, but he stayed silent.

“What did you want to see me about?”

Baekhyun put his hands behind his back and twisted his fingers until his joints screamed in pain. “You won’t reconsider?”

Yifan’s face softened into a look of sadness and pity. “Oh, Baekhyun.”

And then the words were rushing out in a torrent. “Please, Yifan. We would match well together. I can stay by your side and support you—“

“Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun released his hands from behind his back, and he felt his knees trembling when he saw the look in Yifan’s eyes.

“Baekhyun, the last time you confessed to me, there was something I didn’t tell you.”

Baekhyun wavered on the edge of hope and despair. “What is it?”

“I love someone else.”

Baekhyun felt his heart go crashing down into his feet.

“I’m sorry, Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun forced himself to move, clenching his fists to stop himself from lashing out. “Well…that’s um. Nice. But what will love do for you? ”

“I’m sorry,” Yifan tried again. Baekhyun turned away, but paused when he heard Yifan getting up from behind him.

“What is it?”

“I hope you find someone new when you go back to your estate.”

“… off, Wu Yifan.” Baekhyun ran out of the library with tears burning in his eyes.

Yifan reached out towards Baekhyun, only to stiffen in surprise when a slim pair of arms slipped around his waist.

“Don’t.”

“Junmyeon!” Yifan flinched out of Junmyeon’s hold.

“Were you going to run after him?”

“Of course. We’ve been friends for such a long time, I didn’t want him to be hurt.”

“You killed his heart the moment you chose me.”

Yifan hummed in acknowledgement and then reached out and pulled Junmyeon close to his chest.

Junmyeon smiled slightly and stood on his toes for a soft kiss. “Poor Baekhyun.”

“Don’t ‘poor Baekhyun’ me. I can see you relishing his misery.”

Junmyeon’s eyes turned into small crescents as he smiled cheerfully. “You know me so well, Yifan.”

“Mmmm.” Yifan leaned in and kissed him again.

“Poor Baekhyun. He was so sweet. He wanted to support.”

“God, can you not talk about Baekhyun when I’m trying to make out with you.”

Junmyeon just laughed at him, and Yifan sighed slightly as he drew away.

“What’s so funny about support?  You want to support me, don’t you?” Yifan pressed small kisses to the edge of Junmyeon’s jaw.

“Oh yes, I want to support you. I want to care for you. But I also want to help you rule. And that is something Baekhyun never would have been able to do.”

“Well, that is why I’m going to marry you.”

“Does Baekhyun know?”

“He’ll find out when he gets home.”

“You’ll hurt him more this way. He never really liked me, you know.”

“Why does it matter if he likes you? I like you. Isn’t that enough?”

Junmyeon rolled his eyes, but let Yifan pull him closer and start kissing his neck again. “I love you so much.”

“Yeah. Love you too.”

a/n:What can I say? Plotting Junmyeon and Yifan are the best. Of course, in real life, Baekhyun is nothing like this, but I thought that it would be fun to try and write a character like Baekhyun to contrast Junmyeon.

I hope you enjoyed! Subscribe and upvote if you did ^^ Thanks for reading, and feel free to leave prompts and thoughts on this drabble in the comments below!