OT12: Animagi

AU drabble dump

Drabble 23: Animagi

Junmyeon ducked cautiously into the room, his wand at the ready. His shoulders relaxed when he saw eleven people already waiting, and there was no sign of any ministry officials in sight. Nevertheless, Junmyeon tucked his wand in his sleeve, just in case they had to be ready to run at a moment's notice.

"Junmyeon!" A young man with a kittenish smile got up and dragged Junmyeon over to sit in the cracked wooden seat beside him. "I'm glad you could come."

"I almost didn't." Junmyeon shook his head and crossed his legs. "The last time I tried to go to one of these, it was...messy."

The rest of the room occupants eyed him with curiosity, and Junmyeon lifted his chin and glared right back.

Jongdae patted Junmyeon's knee and laughed. "Calm down, no one's going to eat you, Junmyeon. Ok, let's get started!" Jongdae got to his feet, the room quieting down as everyone turned their eyes on the young man. "We are all gathered here today, because we all have something in common."

Junmyeon tugged at the back of Jongdae's coat. "You idiot, set up the sound-proofing spell before you start spewing your mouth off!"

"Oh, right." Jongdae laughed sheepishly and waited for Junmyeon to wave his wand and cast the spell before continuing sheepishly. "As I was saying, we all have something in common. Every one of us in this room is an unregistered Animagus."

Everyone eyed him warily, shoulders tensing, eyes darting about the room, as they all waited for a ministry worker to pop out of the corner and tie them up.

Jongdae laughed lightly, diffusing the tension. "Don't worry, this is perfectly safe. I have a ministry job myself, and I have successfully thrown the department off of all of your scents. The reason we are here, is because I thought that it might be nice for all of us to meet other unregistered Animagi."

There was a low murmur of agreement, and everyone stared expectantly at Jongdae.

“Uh…”

“Introduce yourself, Jongdae, you’re the person who called the meeting,” a tall man with styled blond hair said quietly.

Jongdae made a face. “Fine. As all of you should know, I’m Kim Jongdae. I work in the Department of International Magic Cooperation at the Ministry of Magic. I’m currently stationed as an official in our Korean branch here, and I have no intention of leaving any time soon. I also like cats, and my favorite color is pink.” Jongdae’s eyes lit up. “I suppose all of you want to see my animagus, right?”

Everyone nodded their heads hesitantly, and Jongdae grinned. There was a faint popping noise, and in his place, a small fox blinked up at them from the ground. There was another pop, and then Jongdae appeared once more and bowed grandly.

Everyone rolled their eyes at him and instead looked around to see who would introduce themselves next, leaving Jongdae to pout and sit back in his seat.

“I’ll go next.” A young man with fluffy brown hair stood up. “I’m Oh Sehun. I work at Saint Mungo’s as a healer.”

“How old are you?” Junmyeon eyed Sehun with admiration. “Aren’t you a bit young to be a healer?”

“He’s the youngest employee there,” Jongdae grinned. “He’s a smart kid.”

Sehun turned pink at the praise. “Anyways, as I was saying, I work at Saint Mungo’s, and uh…” Everyone watched with interest, and tried not to choke when a bushy-eyed squirrel waved its tail at them for a few seconds, and then transformed back into Sehun. Everyone nodded politely and Sehun smiled as he sat back down, apparently relieved that no one had out-right laughed at him.

The boy next to him didn’t even bother getting up, and just waved at everyone languidly from his seat. “Hey guys. I’m Kim Jongin, and I work as a back-up dancer with one of the big entertainment companies here in Korea.” There was a popping noise, and a very smug looking Siamese cat meowed at them. Junmyeon gripped Jongdae’s shoulder warningly as Jongdae made a move to lunge towards Jongin and cuddle him, and Jongin quickly transformed back.

Next was Byun Baekhyun, who turned out to be a yak. Beside him was Wu Yifan who turned into a very flashy toucan. Next came Huang Zitao, who blushed and said that it might be difficult to show everyone what he was, considering that when Baekhyun had transformed, he’d nearly crushed everyone in the room, but his animagus was an antelope. Next came Luhan, who smirked and then proceeded to scare the living daylights out of everyone by turning into a rather vicious looking kangaroo. He transformed back with a rather smug pop, but then wilted when the man next to him, Zhang Yixing, calmly told everyone that he was just over-compensating for his baby face. Yixing turned out to be a very fluffy gerbil, who absently started chewing at the corner of the seat he was sitting on until Luhan gently ran a hand over Yixing’s fur and reminded him to change back. Then came Xiumin who transformed into a very cute-looking quail, and everyone was also surprised to find Xiumin and Jongin were signed under the same company. Beside Xiumin was Kyungsoo, who transformed into a red panda. Last came Chanyeol who transformed into an enormous ostrich and butted affectionately at Jongdae when he fell over into Junmyeon’s lap out of shock before transforming back.

Now, only Junmyeon was left.

“So, what’re you?” Yifan eyed Junmyeon speculatively. Everyone had gotten steadily more comfortable as the meeting progressed, and Junmyeon absently patted Jongdae’s head as he lay down across his thighs.

“Jongdae, get off so that I can transform.”

Jongdae let out a disgruntled noise and got up. Junmyeon closed his eyes, and there was a faint popping noise and—

“Whoa.”

Junmyeon hovered in the air, his body twitching as he fought down the urge to flit around the room. He turned back, his cheeks turning a soft shade of pink when everyone stared at him.

“You have a very unique coloring, Junmyeon,”

“Thank you.” Junmyeon was a hummingbird Animagus, with a purple and white patch on his throat and a green body. He was rather proud of his appearance, but was also quite shy, because honestly, being a hummingbird wasn’t the most useful animal, and he also felt rather small after seeing Chanyeol’s enormous ostrich form.

The meeting drew to a close, and everyone exchanged contact information. Junmyeon and Jongdae left the room last, after Jongdae cleared all traces of their presence in the abandoned building, and Junmyeon lifted the spell he had cast at the beginning.

“So.”

Jongdae glanced over at Junmyeon. “What?”

“You didn’t call that meeting because you thought it would be nice if we all made friends. What are you really up to, Jongdae?”

Jongdae smiled pleasantly, but his eyes held a mischievous glint. “Wouldn’t you like to know?”

a/n: Oh ho! What is Jongdae up to? I might continue the adventures of this group in the future, I might not, I don't know yet. I love Harry Potter aus, but I can't write them terribly well myself because that series is sort of an untouchable part of my childhood, if you know what I mean? Anyways...what did you guys think of the animagi forms I chose? (No matter what you say, I still like Baekhyun as a yak). Junmyeon seemed whimsical as a hummingbird...and I rather liked the idea. What do you guys think?

Thanks for reading! Comment with your thoughts, and upvote and subscribe if you're enjoying the series so far ^^