ing: Set Up

AU drabble dump

a/n: Something fluffy after dabbling in fantasy and angst after a while. Also, to those of you who enjoyed drabble 15, I turned it into a complete one shot called "The Offer". Read it if you have time :) Also, I will continue to include and write about Kris in my fanfiction. I have always enjoyed Kris's presence in Exo, and even after all the events regarding him, I continue to support him and his dreams to be a star. Any negative comments regarding Kris because of actions will be immediately removed from any of my works; rather than trying to tear our fandom apart, let's stick together and support the rest of the boys in EXO as they prepare for their concert in a few days, ok? Exo sarangaja!

Sorry for the long author's note, but some things needed to be said. Enjoy this drabble, it has a krisho side pairing :)

Drabble 16: Sehun/Yixing; Set Up

Water glistened on the pale skin of Sehun’s fingers; Sehun briefly admired the play of light on the water before he flicked the droplets away.

“Sehun.”

“Sorry,” Sehun muttered as his brother sighed at the sight of water all over the bathroom mirror.

“It’s fine.” Junmyeon walked in and grabbed a fluffy hand towel. “Are you nervous?”

Sehun watched Junmyeon wipe the water off of the mirror for a few moments before responding. “You said that he’s nice, hyung. I trust you.”

“Just because you believe that he’s a kind person doesn’t mean that you aren’t nervous.”

“I guess.”

Junmyeon continued wiping at the mirror, patiently waiting until Sehun finally broke.

“What if he doesn’t like me?’

“Why wouldn’t he like you?” Junmyeon set the towel down and hopped up on to the edge of the sink, his lips curling into a gentle smile as he watched his little brother fiddle nervously with the tips of his bangs.

“Well…you said he’s in medical school, right? I’m a dance major. We want two very different things.”

Junmyeon smiled and brushed Sehun’s hands away from his bangs and began settling them himself so that they lay just right. “I wouldn’t set you two up if I didn’t think you wouldn’t get along.” Junmyeon paused for a moment to survey his handiwork, his eyes twinkling. “Besides, there’s a whole lot about Yixing that you don’t know.”

“Like what?”

“I think that the more time you spend around him, the more you’ll realize that both of you have very similar interests at heart.” Junmyeon hopped off of the bathroom counter and chivvied Sehun into the hallway. “Come on, we need to pick what jacket you’re going to wear.”

Sehun grumbled under his breath, not entirely convinced by Junmyeon’s reassurances, but began browsing through their coat closet nonetheless.

Both brothers flinched when the doorbell rang.

“Ah, he’s here!” Junmyeon quickly shoved Sehun into his shoes and dragged Sehun’s leather jacket over his skinny frame before pushing him towards the door. “Have fun tonight!”

Sehun gave him a reproachful look and rubbed at his shoulder, but answered the door and smiled pleasantly at Yixing as he stepped outside. Meanwhile, Junmyeon remained in their shared apartment, rubbing his elbows absent-mindedly as he stared at the front door. He thought that Yixing and Sehun would be good for each other; Yixing was kind and quirky, even though he was forgetful, and Sehun needed someone who he could trust.

Junmyeon sighed softly and padded off to the kitchen to grab some potato chips before he plopped gracelessly onto the sofa and the television. He settled into the couch to wait for Sehun to come home again—hopefully with a smile on his face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To Junmyeon’s relief, Sehun and Yixing had hit it off immensely well. So well, in fact, that Junmyeon was currently third-wheeling with them on their date to a boba café two months after their very first date.

“Junmyeon? We’re going to go up and get another order of tea. We’ll be back in a minute.” Sehun and Yixing smiled at him as they got out of their seats, and Junmyeon nodded back unsuspectingly.

Junmyeon proceeded to stare out the café window, his mind wrapped up in its own world as he reflected on how nice it was to spend time with his friend and his little brother. The kind of intimacy he had with them was wonderful to experience every time—not that he was jealous of Sehun and Yixing’s relationship, because he wasn’t, but Junmyeon just appreciated the time he had with his loved ones.

“Hyung?”

Junmyeon blinked in surprise and turned his gaze away from the window and back to his brother. To his surprise, there was a very tall, handsome stranger standing by Sehun’s side. “Who’s this?”

“Junmyeon hyung, this is Yifan hyung. He’s in my Chinese class.”

Junmyeon hastily got up out of his seat and bowed politely to Yifan, who bowed back.

“Anyways, Yixing and I are going to head off to the mall. Have fun with Yifan hyung, Junmyeon!”

Junmyeon looked thoroughly scandalized. “Oh Sehun! Don’t just leave your friend here!”

Sehun just laughed as he hurried away. “Happy early birthday Junmyeon hyung!”

“Huh?” How is dumping your classmate on me for the day a gift? Junmyeon sobbed mentally as he turned to Yifan; Yifan was very tall, and very handsome, and Junmyeon could already feel himself freezing up. “Um…”

Yifan chuckled and awkwardly scratched at the back of his head. “When I asked Sehun if I could meet you, I didn’t expect it to be like this…”

“You wanted to meet me?”

“I saw some pictures on Sehun’s phone the other day. And he talks about you all the time.” Yifan shrugged and shoved his hands into his coat pockets. “You seemed like a really nice guy, and the fact that you’re beautiful only helps you along.”

Junmyeon sputtered, unsure of how to react.

Yifan laughed and gently nudged their elbows together. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to freak you out. But, since Sehun left us here, why don’t we hang out?”

“U-um…”

“Come on, it’ll be fun. Besides, if you don’t have a good time, we don’t have to see each other again,” Yifan coaxed.

Junmyeon went bright pink. “So this is like a date?”

Yifan smirked down confidently at him. “Yeah, it’s a date. It’s nice weather outside, let’s walk down to the library gardens.”

“O-ok.” Junmyeon grabbed his half-full cup of boba and hesitantly started walking off after Yifan.

The couple didn’t notice Sehun and Yixing peering out at them over a clothing rack in a store opposite of the café, laughing gleefully between themselves.

a/n: Since the so-called 'real life' krisho drabbles series is on hold, i needed an outlet for my fluff ok T__T I hope you guys liked this! It was fun to experiment with ing...I hope you enjoyed misha! Also, lolz of course I couldn't resist sticking a side of confident Yifan and mushy squishy krisho in there :) Please comment and let me know what you think, and see you next drabble!