Determination is the Key

Breathless Love

Hello Hello, nickychua here ^.^ Sorry I didn't write this chapter quickly, I recently had finals exams so my mind was a pile of mush.. But im back now so here's my chapter form Yujins POV~
 



“Aerin!” Yujin yelled as she spotted her best friend stumble into Luhans arms.

“What happened?” Chen questioned out loud as the two rushed towards the girl.

“Luhan, what happened to Aerin?!” Yujin asked the boy, the two of them often hung out after school to practice soccer. Reaching out to touch Aerin, Yujins hand made contact with the girls shoulder, causing her to flinch.

“Don’t, don’t touch there.” She mumbled. Having a guess at what happened, Yujin looked carefully at her friend. Dark shadows under her eyes, hands looking ‘worn out’.

“What did you do last night” Yujin asked suspiciously.

“Some art…”

“Did Sehun put it away so you can sleep?”

“..Maybe”

“And did you fall once again?” Yujin finished, finally understanding what happened.

“…Maybe” Aerin repeated.

“You are so clumsy” Yujin sighed.

“Am not!” Aerin retorted, throwing her arms down in frustration she winced as pain spiked through her shoulder. Letting out a sigh of both relief and frustration, Yujin turned to Luhan and Kris.

“Can you guys bring her to the nurse? She’ll know what to do.” Yujin asked.

“So I’m guessing this has happened before…” Kris raised an eyebrow. Yujin nodded.

“She seems to do it over and over, her love for art is incredible” Yujin chuckled softly as she saw Luhan flash a look at Yujin, she knew the boy had a little interest in Aerin since he often asked Yujin about her friend when they played soccer together. Snapping his attention back to Yujin, Luhan spoke.

“Sure we’ll bring her to the nurse.” He agreed.

“Thanks!” Yujin smiled before turning to Aerin. “Be more careful next time pabo or something’s going to happen to your sketchbook and all your notebooks”

“You wouldn’t dare” Aerin said, taken aback.

“Try me.” Yujin threatened. Not knowing what else to do, Aerin simply stuck her tongue out before walking down the hall with the two boys. Feeling relieved knowing that Aerin was going to be fine, Yujin turned and started walking back the way she came when she froze, realizing Chen was still there.

Oh no, what do I do? I don’t know what to say… Ok Yujin act normal, it’s all good you got this… Yujins thoughts became scrambled in her mind as she thought of what to say to the boy she had strong feelings for.

“Want to get bubble tea?”  Chens offer broke the silence.

“Yeah sure!” Yujin quickly agreed. As the two walked towards the entrance, Chen began to sing softly to himself.

“Baby. I love you. Irohge marha jiman.” (G-Dragons “Who You”) Yujin smiled as Chens voice echoed around the empty halls. As the boy continued to sing, his voice seemed to get louder. When he got to the chorus he nudged Yujin to join in.

“Du du du du du du du, du du du du du du du, du du du du du du du oh, oh, oh,oh” Chen slowed down to look at the girl.

“Wow you’re good at singing-“ he faltered as Yujin shot him a look.

“Nope. Take those words back.”

“But it’s true.” The boy argued.

“Never!”

“Yujin-“

“Lalala I can’t hear you.” The girl sang as she plugged her ears.

“Even that sounded really nice..” Chen pointed out. Feeling defeated, Yujin sat down on the floor. Laughing, Chen reached out his hand to help his friend up when Yujin got a phone call. Quickly answering the phone, Yujin grinned.

“Lay-oppa, what’s up?”

“Yah, where have you been, you’re late! We were going to practice today” The boy whined.

“Opps, I forgot about that” Yujin giggled.

“….We do this every day”

“Sorry…” Yujin mumbled.

“*Sigh* you’re so forgetful”

“Says you.” Yujin retorted. “I’ll be there soon okay?” with that, the girl hung up. Turning to Chen, she scratched her head sheepishly. “Oppa… I forgot I had plans”

“It’s okay, I’ll just go get bubble tea myself.” Chen teased.

“No! Don’t you dare!” Yujin gasped. With a laugh, Chen patted the girls head.

“I’m just messing with you, we’ll get bubble tea some other time, now run along or you’re going to be late…”

“Aigoo Chen you troll” Yujin then started jogging down the hall. “See you later!” She called back to the boy


 

Yujin looked at her watch: 9:45am.

“Damn, already 15 minutes late” she grumbled as she pushed the door open into her families’ studio. Yujin used to skip class to come to the dance studio and practice dance, so the school eventually let her have no 2nd block, knowing she can maintain her grades and studies. Even with the free block, Yujin tended to skip some classes but the teachers didn’t care, she was a smart person. Plus it just means one less person to irritate them.

“Lay hyung, you have to be prepared when you jump.” A voice spoke from the practice room. Lay was her childhood friend and the two of them often met to choreograph dances.

“Yah Tao, sorry if I can’t do flips and stuff like you” Lay grumbled. Yujin smiled when she heard that Tao was there. Tao was a close friend of Yujin and Lays. Tao was talented with wushu and often visited them to teach them some things they could use in a dance.

“Hey guys, sorry I’m late-“ Yujin called out as she walked into the room.

“YAH!” Tao screamed as her sudden entry startled him. At the expense of Tao, Lay bent over laughing.

“Tao, how is it possible that you are a wushu master, yet you still get scared so easily” Lay sighed.

“Yujin! Why did you do that?” Tao whined.

“All I did was say hi!” Yujin protested. Tao then abruptly stood up and made his way over to where Yujin was standing.

“You’re going to have to pay for scaring me.” Tao threatened

“Fine, what do you want me to do.” Yujin said.

“Do the dance you and Lay have been working on, show me you have improved with the flips.” Fail and you have to buy me coffee.”

“Deal.” Yujin agreed. Turning to Lay, the brown haired boy walked over to the stereo and started playing “Crayon” by G-Dragon. Taking a deep breath, the two waited in their positions, ready to begin. As the dance continued on, Yujin imagined performing the dance in front of a crowd. Ever since she was 14, Yujin had felt inspired by the talented singers and dancers that took up the music industry. After seeing the many groups perform, Yujin had felt a tug in her heart to be on stage just like them and to be able to do what she loves; dance (and occasionally sing). Getting carried away in her thoughts, Yujin did a dance move a few beats ahead. Feeling startled, Yujin stumbled but felt someone catch her. Looking up, Yujin smiled sheepishly yet gratefully at Lay before the two of them continued to dance. Looking at Lay out of the corner of her eye, Yujin chuckled as she remembered the time she told Lay about her goal, in fact, he’s the only one that knows.

Flashback:

“Neh oppa, can I tell you something?” Yujin asked. She was currently on a walk with Lay.

“Of course, you know you can tell me anything.” He encouraged.

“Okay, you see-“ Yujin then started the long story of telling her friend her goal in life. When she had finished, the boy immediately pulled her into a hug.

“O-oppa?” Yujin exclaimed, feeling surprised.

“I’m so happy” Lay commented.

“Why?”

“Because we share the same dream.” He finished.

End of Flashback:

“It’s gonna be a tough road.” Yujin grimly thought to herself as the two of them started running towards each other. “But I’ll make it’ she grunted as they did a flip past each other. As Yujin felt the ground meet her feet, her legs gave way from beneath her. ‘There’s going to be a lot of incidents but I’ll get up and continue’ she thought, feeling very determined, Yujin immediately stood up and continued to dance.

“Swag” as the last word was sang Yujin did the last simple flip and cheered as she managed to finally land on her feet. As Tao slowly started to clap, Yujin collapsed onto the ground. Looking up at Tao, Yujin held up a peace sign with her fingers.

“I think I improved.” She insisted. Tao laughed

“True. You need to work on your landings though.” He commented.

“No wayyy” Yujin said sarcastically

“Do it like----- this” Tao instructed as he did the flip. Yujin glanced at Lay.

“Oppa you do it.” Lay shrugged before quickly doing the flip. “I hate you” Yujin hissed with jealousy as the boy then lay down on the floor.

“Try it out Yujin.” Tao encouraged.

“Fine.” Yujin replied. “1, 2, 3” She counted as she flipped herself in the air. When Yujin landed, she managed to hold her footing for barely a second before falling to the ground, landing on Lay in the process.

“Yah.” The boy grunted as Yujin landed on his back.

“I knew I would fall.” Yujin sighed as she lay on the boys back, staring up at the ceiling. “Wah that’s so tiring.

“Of course it is, it takes a lot of strength. Im proud that you managed to do the flip after that dance, it seems very tiring.” Tao grinned as extended his hand to help Yujin to her feet.

“Thanks Tao, I think I’ll lay here for a while” she sighed as she rested her head on Lays back.

“So I guess I have no other choice but to lay here?” Lay questioned (heh)

“Pretty much.” Yujin said in a tired tone as her eyes fluttered close. Lay blushed as he watched Yujin fall asleep on his back. Pointing to his backpack, Lay asked Tao to get his ear buds and his ipod.  Placing the ear buds in Yujins ears, Lay began to gently play some music. Adjusting his position, Lay soon found himself sitting against the wall with Yujin using his shoulder as a pillow. Looking up, Lay found Tao sending him a smirk from across the room. With his face turning red, Lay looked away.

“Yah, stop that.” He hissed.

“I’m not doing anything.” Tao said innocently. After that, the two boys went silent. “Neh hyung..” Tao spoke. “You really like Yujin don’t you?” the question seemed to surprise Lay but he didn’t hesitate with his answer.

“It’s more than that.. I love her..” he confessed.

“I know you do~” Tao teased “I see the way you look at her. You love her a lot and you better take care of you- or else I’ll use my wushu on you.” He ordered.

“Araso, araso” Lay quieted the boy down. “I’ll never let anything hurt her ever again..” Lay opened his mouth but heard Yujins phone alarm, signaling she should head back to the school.

“Unf..” the girl sat up groggily “I better go, see you guys later..” she said before grabbing her stuff and shuffling out of the room. When the girl left Lay laughed.

“Yep, nothing can stop me from loving her.”


Done~ Hope you guys liked it :D So the next person to be writing is emjchin~
~nickychua