Exaggerate the Truth

Breathless Love

Annyeong~ I'm nickychua36 and I wrote this chapter so I hope you all enjoy ^_^! Oh and Just saying, I'm in charge of writing Yujin's chapter :P

 

Yujin wiped the sweat from her forehead as the coach signaled for a water break. With a sigh, she walked towards the bleachers when she noticed a familiar short figure waiting for her.

“Yah, Byun Baekhyun, what are you doing here?” Yujin called out to the brown haired boy.

“Yah, Yujin I brought you bubble tea~” Baekhyun replied with a laugh as he held out the cold drink in his hands. Yujin stopped in front of her friend.

“Is it peach green tea?” she asked.

“Yep.”

“With pearls?”

“Yep.”

“And mango jelly?”

“Wha- no of course I got that.” Baekhyun smirked before handing the girl the drink. Cautiously, Yujin took the sweet drink in her hands. Slowly she took a sip before standing still for a few moments, suddenly Yujin cheered.

“Omigosh! It’s safe to drink!”

“What? You thought I would poison it or something?” Baekhyun joked. Yujin looked down at her bubble tea.

“…Maybe” she muttered. Baekhyun looked up in shock. “I’m joking! I’m joking!” Yujin then panicked when Baekhyun reached out to take back the bubble tea.

“At least let me have a sip.” Baekhyun complained. Rolling her eyes, Yujin handed the pleading boy the cup.

“Come on girls! Let’s do a scrimmage game!” the coach called out after blowing the whistle. Taking the bubble tea from Baekhyun, Yujin took a big gulp of the sweet drink before handing it back to him.

“Thanks for the bubble tea! Drink some if you like, just not all of it.” She offered before heading onto the field.

Baekhyun smiled as he watched Yujin jog around the field waiting for the ball to be passed to her. As he took a sip of her bubble tea, Baekhyun blushed. “Indirect kiss” he chuckled to himself before turning to watch Yujin as the ball was passed to her. Yujin then seemed like she was in a different world as she dashed towards the goal, maneuvering the ball away from everyone’s feet before she gave the ball a strong kick, sending it into the goal. Unknowingly, Baekhyun stood to his feet as he smiled at Yujin’s success. “Great job Yujin!” Baekhyun called out as the girl jogged past him.

“Thanks Baek!” Yujin replied cheerfully as she high fived the boy before returning to the game.

“Wah, she’s so good at soccer.” Baekhyun marveled as he continued to watch Yujin play soccer as she stole the ball from the other teams mid player before running with the ball. Suddenly Baekhyun felt his breath catch in his throat as Yujin suddenly tripped and started falling forwards. “No...No…no” Baekhyun whispered. Taking a step, the boy was about to run onto the field to help when Yujin quickly regained her balance and continued running before she quickly passed the ball to someone near the goal. Letting a sigh of relief escape his lungs, Baekhyun sat down on the bleachers as he continued to sip from the bubble tea in his hands. I can’t imagine what could have happened if she fell... Yujin could have broken something or get knocked unconscious... Baekhyun thought to himself. It’s a good thing she’s good at sports and is really athletic and…

“Baek.” Looking up, the boy saw Yujin standing in front of him, a towel around her neck as she wiped the sweat from her face. “Where did my bubble tea go?”  Yujin innocently asked. Feeling confused, Baekhyun looked down at the cup in his hand to find it empty.

“I... might have drank it all...” he muttered guiltily.

“Oh... okay” Yujin’s sad voice spoke. As the girl turned to walk away, Baekhyun stopped her.

“I’ll buy you a new one?” He offered. Almost instantly, Yujin spun back to Baekhyun and hugged him tightly.

“Yay~ I’ll go get changed then we can go.” The girl commented before running to the change room.

“Yah… What is it about her that makes me…. Never mind...” Baekhyun mumbled to himself before taking his phone out.

 

“Yo Baek come on.” Looking up, Baekhyun glanced at Yujin before looking back at his phone.

“That wasn’t even 10 minutes, much less 5...” the boy commented.

“I change fast” Yujin retorted. “Now come on, you owe me bubble tea”

As Baekhyun walked next to Yujin, he glanced at her. The girl wore grey sweat pants, a blue and grey striped tank top with a denim button up shirt tied around her waist as well as a black snapback cap placed backwards on her head.

“You look like a dancer.” Baekhyun mentioned. Keeping her gaze in front of her, Yujin replied.

“Really?”

“Yeah.”

“What kind of dancer?” Yujin asked.

“B- Boy? I think that’s what it’s called. You know, the type of dance Sehun does.” Baekhyun replied.

“Sweet.” Was all Yujin said before they arrived at the bubble tea shop. Walking up to the counter, Baekhyun ordered Yujins usual bubble tea. While waiting for the drink, Yujin pulled out her phone to see some new messages in the chat room which consisted of Aerin, Yeoreum and herself.

Aerin: You guys done practice yet?

Yeoreum: Nope, having my water break before we continue our scrimmage game. Hbu Yujin?

Yep, just getting some bubble tea, I’ll meet you guys at the gym? Yujin quickly texted her friends, not even a minute later receiving the replies.

Yeoreum: I want bubble tea… And okay, I got to go now, coach is calling.

Aerin: I’m fine with that, I’m just heading there right now.

Same, I’ll see you guys there. Yujin finished sending the last text as she felt someone poke her cheek. Looking up, the girl saw her bubble tea being waved in front of her face.

“Mine!” Yujin hissed before snatching the drink out of Baekhyun’s hand.

“You’re such a child” the boy chuckled as he watched Yujin drink the tea cheerfully. “So are you going anywhere?” Her friend asked as they exited the bubble tea shop.

“Well... I’m going to meet up with Aerin and Yeoreum at the gym, want to come?” Yujin offered.

“Sure.” Baekhyun agreed as they walked back to the school.


Entering the gym, Yujin and Baekhyun spotted Chen and Sehun sitting on the floor next to the door.

“Yo.” Baekhyun simply said before sitting down next to Chen. As he patted the spot in between Chen and himself, Yujin smiled and sat between the two boys after greeting Chen.

“Is the practice almost over?” she asked Chen. The boy simply shook his head.

“Nope, I wonder how long these practices normally take. How long does your soccer practices normally go for?” Chen questioned. Tilting her head to the side, Yujin thought for a while before replying.

“2 hours or so? Well around 2 hours... Yeoreum should be done soon.” Yujin quickly answered.

“Sweet.” Chen said before you all went silent.

Yujin mentally slapped herself ‘What was I thinking? I could’ve continued to conversation! I finally was able to talk to him somewhat comfortably and I messed up…

“So…” Sehun spoke as he tried breaking the silence. “How was soccer practice?” instantly standing up, the girl leaned over to reply to Sehun.

“Great! The scrimmage game was pretty good.”

“Pretty good? Pretty good? Correction, it was amazing!” Baekhyun interrupted.

“Wah-“Yujin tried to speak only to hear Chen.

“Hush Yujin, let Baekhyun speak” the boy smirked. Knowing she couldn’t argue against the boy, Yujin leaned back and sighed. Laughing, Baekhyun continued.

“She did so good in the scrimmage game! She got 2 or 3 goals in and-“

“It was one goal” Yujin corrected.

“Lies!” Baekhyun retorted. “She even tripped but did this thing and she somehow kept moving and and and... She’s just so good at soccer!” he complimented.

“No I didn’t! And it’s not like-“ Yujin cried out.

“Stop lying, we all know you’re good at soccer” Sehun cut in. Before anyone could speak, Sehun turned to the door as he saw Aerin walk into the gym. “Aerin hi- OMIGOSH HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?!” The boy burst out in a panicked state. Baekhyun slowly turned around to see what Sehun was going crazy about.

“Stop exaggerating Sehun” the boy mimicked. “It’s just- AERIN! WHAT HAPPENED?! SIT DOWN BEFORE YOU LOSE TOO MUCH BLOOD! YOU-“

“No no no it’s okay” Aerin protested as the boys gaped at the small cut on her leg.

“Who did this to you?” Sehun demanded as he cracked his knuckles as if he was preparing for a fight.

“Sehun-oppa, its fine I’m not hurt.”

“You’re bleeding!” the boy argued.

“Just tell us who did this Aerin, we’ll deal with them.” Baekhyun agreed. As Aerin started to blush from all the attention Baekhyun was giving her, Yujin and Chen jumped to her rescue.

“Yah!” they yelled, whacking both the boys on the head.

“There’s nothing serious guys” Yujin spoke. “It’s a shallow cut. She’s alright- wait-“the girl turned to her friend.  “Are you okay?” she quickly asked. When Aerin gave her a nod of approval, Yujin faced Baekhyun and Sehun again. “See, she’s alright.”

“B-but it’s so bloody.” Sehun whined.

“And if you didn’t notice it’s all dried up, she’s not bleeding anymore.” Chen pointed out.

“I guess…” Sehun grumbled. Letting out a sigh of relief, Aerin gave Yujin a hug.

“Finally, two smart people speak.” She mumbled quietly, only loud enough for Yujin and Chen to hear, causing the two of them to burst out laughing.

“What’s going on?” Baekhyun asked. Looking at her friend, Yujin flashed a bright smile.

”Nothing~” she sang. As the two continued to laugh, Baekhyun smiled softly.

“Yeah…” he whispered joyfully. “Everything is great”

And that's the end of the chapter :P Hope you all enjoyed it :) The next chapter will be written by our bestfriend emjchin