Let's NOT Date

Stalkers, Fanboys and Romantics

Let’s NOT Date

This really was not what Kris had in mind when he asked his boyfriend?........well he was just gonna call Luhan his boyfriend whether Luhan wanted it or not, because he really couldn’t be damned to figure out exactly how Luhan intended to categorize them.

One way or the other they would be boyfriends eventually, even if he had to beg Luhan.

The fact that he was likely capable of begging he kept to himself, but given that he was willing to hide in tree barks and walk a freaking mile to get to the back of the field and there was this time that he met Luhan in the supply closet that smelt like bleach and body fluids, though he had a good feeling that he could blame the body fluids part of that on Jongdae and Yixing,---

 All things considered, he didn’t think it was much of a secret that he would be willing to beg when it came to Luhan.

A man had pride though and whilst he didn’t think his was very prominent when Luhan was involved, as everyone who has ever known him has taken to point out whenever he attempted to maintain a measure of coolness unfortunately, he still had his dignity!!

 He was seriously losing street credit because of Luhan. Sigh

Thank God, his face was still as stone like as it has always been or be he would have been in serious trouble.

Though he frequently finds himself giggling with/because of Luhan and that was turning out to be quite a real issue. If that continued, he would be a liability to the student body and the freshmen would think it was okay to walk to him in the library and talk to him.

Sehun was already doing that.

At first he thought he would like it, you know, being friends with Luhan’s friends but now that he has spent time with the kid, he has decided that he is a demon incarnate and he reminds him of Luhan, except not in a good way, more like he wants to strangle him, but his iness scares even Kris.

How Luhan puts up with him Kris doesn’t know.

How they put up with Luhan is another question though and Kris isn’t sure he can answer that either, since Luhan seems held bent on driving him crazy as it was and make him wonder if he were smoking something likely illegal and dangerous to think it was a good idea to date the resident psychopath.

Even when he and Luhan were not romantically involved, he did know him or rather know of him and had a bit of a crush and as far as he knew Luhan was supposed to be a dating expert. At the time the burst of unexplained anger he felt when he heard who the latest conquest was didn’t make much sense.

Now it did of course, but he tried to block out all of those things from his consciousness.

 He really need not be reminded that Luhan had dated nearly 80% of the senior class, male or female. Even the straight men seemed to have dated Luhan and Kris wasn’t even sure how many from the junior classes Luhan had a hand on or in as the case may be, and that was information he was certainly not going to solicit since he thought ignorance was bliss in this case.

Though all things considered, he really couldn’t understand his current situation.

*****

When he had asked Luhan out on a date, he had a clear picture in his mind how it was supposed to go.

 He was sure Luhan knew the basic format as well,  from his immense experience in that field [the very thought making Kris’s blood tingle in anger, which was going to try real hard to pretend he didn’t feel since was not going to be that guy……..he really wasn’t!!].

It was therefore shocking to find himself sitting at their school’s bleachers in terrible weather on a good Friday night watching a soccer match, with millions of annoying fangirls and even worst, avid sports fans, all around them cheering or yelling profanities, with mustard staining his band new shirt, the one that he had painstakingly ironed that evening.

He wanted to look good for Luhan.

He had even combed his hair to perfection and fit into his best most fashionable jeans. He wouldn’t say he was high maintenance, but he certainly put in some effort for Luhan, even at the risk of his pride taking a blow for being so freaking girly when Luhan was involved.

He figured he would take Luhan out for dinner somewhere  nice, doubling checking his wallet and making sure his cards were all there, pretty sure he could afford it, going so far as to make reservations at a nice restaurant not too far into town and then he figured they would see a movie or something like that?

He wanted to show Luhan a good time. There was no crime in that right?

It was their first date. He and Luhan had been meeting for months, but due to the secrecy, it was not as if they were willing to be seen walking around holding hands or at restaurants together, or at least Luhan wasn’t, Kris always of the opinion that there was no reason to hide, but Luhan had the final call on that one and Kris was basically spineless when it came to Luhan so what did it matter.

Except now he wished it did.

The guy next to him just blew on that annoying trumpet thing and it was ringing in his ears.

It was sad that he didn’t have the sense or just plain courage to question if Luhan had lost his mind when he met him on the outskirts of the dorms and found his date to be wearing ripped jeans and the school sweatshirt.

He was a little disappointed that Luhan had made no effort, but there was no denying that the man was gorgeous either way so what gave him the right to complain if Luhan wanted to be comfortable?

When Luhan said they would be going to the field though, he really ought to have complained or at least asked a question. It was mighty hard to do when Luhan had grabbed his hand dragged him to the pitch, talking excitedly about the players that he expected to see in the local clash. It wasn’t their school playing, but they had the best grounds, so the neighbouring schools and sports clubs often used their grounds.

Kris figured they were just stopping by and if Luhan was excited, why make a fuss?

An hour and a half later and a yellow stain down his shirt and more than likely deafness in his left ear, he thinks he should have made a fuss about it.

When the crowd jerks and the girl behind him pushes his back and the guy steps on his foot simultaneously and he screams only slightly femininely as he takes a small tumble, he thinks he should have made a big fuss about it.

******

“Does it hurt?” Luhan asks as he wipes his knees with a cotton swab filled with iodine.

Kris is grimacing as if he is dying, so.. Hell yes, he thinks it hurts!

“No” he says as much manliness as he can manage.

This is done whilst trying not to cry for his mother, sitting on Luhan’s bed in his boxers, his lucky pair, which weren’t the nicest in their floral printed glory, since he didn’t think he would get “lucky” that night anyway.

Sigh.

So much for lucky boxers.

Luhan leans down and blows on the wound anyway, trying to ease the sting, and Kris sighs gratefully or he does until he yelps when Luhan passes the antiseptic swab over the next graze that he had sustained.

His fall had caused the night to be cut short, Kris cursing more than he would ever admit to when Luhan stepped on his hand in his excitement whilst he was on the floor. Thankfully his feminine scream alerted the older man to his misfortune and Luhan called it a night, helping Kris back to his dorm room, whilst Kris walked gingerly and sulked.

“Man up” Luhan giggles, using his free hand to whack Kris on the thigh for screaming like a little girl.

The scratches were small for the most part, though the blood over the wounds was a little scary at first sight. Now that he was looking at them, they weren’t so bad, taking out his special hello kitty plasters that he kept for personal use and applying it as gently as he could.

He cutely presses his lips to the wounds when he is finished, which Kris misses, since he is too busy sulking and trying not to be a wuss.

He doesn’t realize that ship as sailed a long time ago, so indeed grumbles to himself that he is a man.

He is startled when Luhan sits next to him on the bed, and glares out of spite, Luhan figures it’s because he was a bit rough with applying the antiseptic, so smiles at him instead. Kris’s nose twitch and he looks away, making Luhan giggle.

Before Kris can say anything Luhan reaches for his hand, the one that he stepped on apparently, wanting to take special care of it.

He wipes at the bruise gently and is happy to see that it’s not roughed up too much. The scratches are small and he is quick to apply the cleanser and is diligent in applying the plaster.

When he is finished he looks up with a smile, except Kris seems lost in thought, his face dissatisfied and there is a hint of a grimace and Luhan frowns.

“Does it hurt that much? Do you want a painkiller?” Luhan asks, looking around his room to see if he left any painkillers around, not sure if he used all as yet.

Being a soccer player was not the best thing for his sore muscles. He was sure Yixing would have somewhere though, the guy injury prone and with all the activity he and Jongdae engage in, was often more sore than Luhan himself.

For Kris, Luhan was even willing to brave the mental scaring that he would receive from entering Yixing’s room.

There was no possible way that he and Jongdae were not defiling each other in some creepy way and judging by the sounds coming from their room, he would be in for an eye sore.

Thank god, the insulation in his room was decent or he would have had to murder them by now.

Painkillers for Kris…………

Kris…. >>>>>> Nightmare free sleep.

Sigh.

“No it’s alright” Kris says and Luhan really could kiss him for sparing his eyes and saving him from needing  therapy, expect Kris looks weird.

Something is wrong.

“Then why do you look like such a sour puss?” Luhan asks, straight to the point as he usually is.

He wondered only a brief second if he should sugar coat it for the injured man but he couldn’t see the point, just as he couldn’t understand why Kris was so grumpy. It that he was hurt, but the scratches were small and he already worked so hard to take care of him.

“What are we doing Luhan?”

Kris asks seriously and sighs in the next breath.

He resisted asking the question, but its eating at him and he knows he will hate the answer, but his personality doesn’t allow him to leave it be for too long. He is not that clingy and doesn’t need reassurance that often, but if he is doing something wrong he rather have Luhan tell him straight than just flitter around and waste his chance with Luhan.

As much as Luhan dates, no one has ever really survived past the first date as far as Kris knew.

That was the reason he put so much effort into it.

Luhan and him had brushed past each other for a long time, little flirtations and ridiculous glances that stayed between them alone, until they both finally took the step to formalize this little thing that they had since middle school. It never had a definition or a point until now.

Kris doesn’t want it to fizzle out, but grow into something much stronger and long lasting.

Parts of him think silence is best, but he can’t bear the thought of being one of those persons that Luhan outgrows after a date.

It’s not exactly courage that he has, just the will to make this better, to make it work.

“Well, I am being an adorable nurse and you are being a whiny baby”

Luhan giggles, clearly not understanding what Kris means, since he presses his lips to Kris’s hand as he applies the plaster, smiling at Kris and Kris frowns deeply.

He wants Luhan smiling at him for a long time.

How to get that though?

“That is not what I meant” Kris admits gently, and he resists the urge to heave and then take it all back when the smile falls from Luhan’s lips.

Kris wants to say that he guides things, but usually he leaves that up to Luhan. He lets Luhan do his thing in his own time and just  goes along for the ride, so it’s strange to see Luhan so dependent on him for cues as to what is happening.

Kris thinks that could be a good thing though, encouraging him to push through with it.

“About us dating……….” Kris begins but his courage fails him as he could have reasonably expected to.

He wants to just forget it and pray his favour with Luhan last for a long time and just maybe he can worm his way into his heart in the time Luhan grants him his indulgence. If, however he has been reading Luhan’s lack of interest in their date right, that time is coming to a quick end and he could be wasting it all.

This line of questioning is probably pointless if Luhan is tired of him already, but if by chance he can get some information, he can still have a chance.

With a breath he continues.

“Do you still want to date me…or” he can’t finish the sentence this time either; instead he holds back onto Luhan’s hand and looks at it.

His heart is in his mouth and just about shatters when Luhan speaks.

“No” Luhan says, clean and cut, straight to the point.

“Ohh” Kris says and he feels his throat tighten, his head spinning, pain in every part of him.

Sometimes he really should shut his gorgeous mouth [ he is just paraphrasing and well……he had a bit of an ego]

“Ohh....No, you idiot! I didn’t mean it like that” Luhan says quickly, and a bit frantically, but the result is a giggle and him throwing himself at Kris.

This is not what Kris anticipates and he makes a sound that will haunt him for life when he falls back onto the bed with Luhan somewhere in the mix.

There is nothing graceful about the way that Luhan’s knee end up somewhere on his groin or the way his arms flay about and Luhan ends up somewhere on top of him, but it lacks all value when his is throbbing in pain after the knee grounded into it.

He groans and pushes Luhan to the side, something that will later hunt his conscience, since he could have hurt the pint sized thing, but Luhan giggles in that boyish sickeningly sweet way of his and just lies on the bed as he tugs Kris into a better position, whacking him on his chest as he catches his breath.

Before Kris can find his bearing, Luhan leans into him and before long he is pressed against Kris’s chest, his now honey brown head of hair beneath Kris’s chin and Kris is trying his hardest not to wheeze from the pain.

Eventually he settles with Luhan’s easy ministrations, the older man his arm and Kris by then sighs heavily.

Life with Luhan.

Sigh.

*****

“I don’t want to date you” Luhan says evenly, controlled and Kris gives up about then.

“You want to end this?” Kris asks cautiously and he is so confused he could die.

He has never had anyone break up with him whilst they cuddled with him.

Luhan was practically lying on him, and right then his toe was drawing a pattern on his shin and his hand was tracing the same on his forearm and Kris was sure he had just pressed his lips to his collarbone a minute ago.

Luhan sure had a strange way of breaking up with people.

Kris rather think about that than the fact that Luhan was breaking up with him.

“Where do you get such strange ideas?” Luhan laughs loud and mockingly.

Like he legit thinks Kris is an idiot and is amusing him.

Kris has no idea what is going on by then and says the same.

“What?”

Okay. Maybe it isn’t the same, but it’s hard to come up with sensible sentences when his only recently recovering is being coaxed awake by close proximity and sensual actions, all the while being thrown for a loop by an insane person who is not his boyfriend, but could be breaking up with him by kissing his throat?

Kris had a hard life.

Luhan of course chooses then to kiss him.

It’s not their first kiss, but this one is different.

 There is something desperate about the way the soft lips move over him and Luhan shifts so much that he ends up lying on his chest. Kris groans, but it’s because Luhan is heavier than he looks and he really needs to learn that his knees are in no way soft enough to be stabbed into Kris’s thigh…but hey, at least it’s not his crotch this time, this time free the poor [but impressive!!] thing is free to feel a little excitement.

Kris’s hand certainly feels some excitement and it’s not long before it’s holding onto Luhan’s hair, holding him in place, another wrapping around his waist and it’s more heated than it started, but not as heated as it ought to be in Kris’s opinion when Luhan disengages with a wink, Kris groaning in building frustration when Luhan presses his lips to his nose either cutely or teasingly.

Kris thinks it’s just annoying.

“I don’t want us to date, I just want us to be”

Luhan explains with a pull of his lips, and Kris shakes his head. He wants to blame the hormones for clouding his senses, but eventually he just realizes that Luhan makes no sense whatsoever.

But really? Could have expected him to?

“I don’t understand” Kris says diplomatically, instead of just telling Luhan that he is a lunatic and he says nonsense that no one can understand.

As confusing as it all was, he still figured that there was a chance he could salvage the relationship, judging from the fact that Luhan was now nosing at his throat and he really likes it, just as he likes the fact that Luhan lets him run his callous too large fingers across the endlessly smooth silky skin of his sides even though it tickles him.

“I’ve done that. Dating…..a lot, like really A LOT, like thousands-“ Luhan begins his explanation somewhat nervously, and a little winded when Kris stops him.

“Let’s not talk about the “a lot” part okay?” Kris request without shame, supposing he was better off admitting that he rather not talk about it from the onset.

Whilst he could deal [really….he could!], that didn’t mean he really wanted to discuss it at any length.

Or ever.

“Of course” Luhan agrees with an indulgent laugh, and Kris gets a cute peck on the lips for his troubles.

“It’s just that I have done the dating thing and I don’t want to do that with you. I just want to be with you.” Luhan explains once more with some seriousness, his hands now carding through Kris’s hair whilst he is too distracted to tell him to stop, Luhan unsure of himself, but certain of what he wants.

He didn’t want dates. He wanted Kris.

As strange as it was, there was a distinction to him.

“So you want to be with me, but not date me?” Kris asks with a lifted eyebrow and as much confusion as possible, slurring the words almost as he tried to make sense of them.

He found none though.

“Yep” Luhan hums his approval.

“I don’t get it” Kris admits when it seems as if Luhan will not explain further, the older man smiling at him though and Kris is at least nearly certain it is not a break up, he thinks he could learn to survive, but still, a little clarity would be good.

“I dunno how to explain it …just be with me…..Do things with me… watch soccer games with me, take walks with me, play games with me, eat dinner with me, follow along with my crazy ideas and look pretty” Luhan says with a little laugh at the end when Kris still looks as confused as ever.

He clears up the confusion with a kiss, except Kris is still confused at its conclusion. Luhan doesn’t care really. He got a kiss out of it and now Kris is too dazed to make him explain again, and he can mess up his hair all he wants.

Luhan is a simple man.

“Okay” Kris says, because really? What else is there to say?

“Pretty sure I should still take you out to dinner somewhere nice or something” Kris says more to himself than Luhan, trying to wrap his mind the craziness.

He really should have thought this dating—or not dating--- Luhan thing through.

Now he is stupid and more than likely in love with an insane person and there was no turning back. This is what your parents warn you about honestly, jumping in head—or heart—first and not thinking things though, though he gets the feeling that one way or the other he would have ended up exactly where he was.

Well maybe not exactly there, since he would have known not to sit next to over excited people in a soccer match and wear pants that weren’t so tight so he would not have fallen and probably not be lying there on Luhan’s bed with Luhan on top of him, whilst in his old granny boxers.

Life choices people. Life Choices.

“I will let you know when I want to be spoiled, don’t worry”  Luhan confirms with a wicked pull of his lips that make Kris worry only a little.

There is already so much he ought to be worried about that it really can’t be allocated much resources for that purpose, but a grinning Luhan is always cause for concern.

“Just to be clear…..there will be a second date...or not dates or....whatever?” Kris asks, and by the end of it even he doesn’t know what he asking.

Pretty sure he just wants to know if he can expect to be with Luhan for a long time to come. He knows it’s awkward, but he thinks Luhan gets it, gets him.

“Not sure to be quite honest” Luhan says and Kris was sure he would have had his heart stop except for the fact he could feel the teasing in Luhan’s words, and even more prominent in his feature.

“I dunno how I feel about the fact that you wear granny print boxers honestly”

Luhan laughs until he wheezes.

Kris glares at him, but he blushes too and by some point he realizes that it was just easier to ignore Luhan for the protection of his insanity.

*****

They end up spending the night watching bad made for television lifetime movies and Kris realizes that Luhan is one of those annoying people that yell at movie characters and gives endless running commentary about everything, but when he wakes up to Luhan’s hair in his face and knees in his gut, all of which weren’t exactly romantic or attractive, but found that he still wanted to wake up the same way every single day if he could, he figured he was past the point of complaining.

Now he has learned to shift around and let Luhan cuddle into his chest when he’s ready and wake him up with fingers on his sides and kisses to his forehead.

Later he finds out that Luhan never lets anyone go to soccer matches with him, unless your name is Kim Minseok and more importantly, Luhan never leaves a match that involves the TVSJ All-stars for anything or anyone, unless of course your name is Wu Yifan.

There may be method to madness after all.

A/N: All things considered regarding Kris, I wasn’t sure how to deal with this verse. I have tentatively decided however to continue on including him, since to my heart I am a Krishan shipper and I am just not ready to let go as yet. I will try to update this more frequently for those of you interested. Next is either Seho or Baeksoo.