The Faint of Heart

Stalkers, Fanboys and Romantics

The Faint of Heart

Sehun really ought to have known this would have been a bad idea.

Like a really bad idea.

Anything that Baekhyun actively encourages and supports is by default a bad idea.

Everyone knew that; from the Principal to that weird girl in the cafeteria that looks like she spits in their food just for the fun of it, except for Suho of course.

She looks at him as if she has stars in her eyes and the will of a depraved psycho stalker, ready to attack Suho the second he let his guard down.

Sehun was supposed to have a word with her……by word he meant he was supposed to grab her stringy hair and rip it all out and remind her that no one but him was supposed to think about kidnapping Suho and use him for their own devious purposes…….like cuddling…., but him!!

She was lucky that Sehun was still trying to fool Suho into thinking he was nice and kind and sweet and whatever the else that Suho liked to get off on.

Maybe Sehun was a little frustrated.

Scratch that.

Sehun was very frustrated and pissed off and murderous and the next time he saw Baekhyun he was going to kick him in the balls. Let’s see how much he liked it then!

It was Baekhyun’s dumb idea that got them stuck here anyway.

***

He had the dumb idea that volunteering for this stupid annoying help people group thing that Suho ran meant they could spend time with Suho…..well Kyungsoo in Baekhyun’s case, since Kyungsoo was like Suho’s shadow anyway.

That of course was even more annoying than greasy cafeteria girl, but Sehun knew there was no way he would be able to rip out Kyungsoo’s hair.

First of all, he has seen the hobbit bloody Baekhyun’s nose without a sweat for simply touching him and there was no way Sehun was dumb enough to have any of his precious, model like body parts rearranged by a hobit with some sort of height complex.

Secondly, he was pretty sure Suho would be very unhappy with him if he destroyed Kyungsoo, the stupid angel always been so fond of those less fortunate [ Kyungsoo was less fortunate since  everyone the world was lacking in comparison to his angel] and probably not be ered into thinking that  Sehun was a nice kind sweet man if he attempted violence against Suho’s best friend.

And thirdly but the least persuasive of all authorities was the fact that Baekhyun would probably attempt to slaughter him if he hurt his precious hobit and whilst Sehun was pretty sure he could take weak as Baekhyun, who had his handed him to him every day by a midget he proposed love to, Sehun just didn’t think it was worth the effort to hear him complain endlessly, because then he really would have to kill him.

So instead Sehun did what was reasonably practical in such situations: - He glared endlessly.

It was just annoying that Kyungsoo didn’t seem to give a either way and Baekhyun kept kicking him under the table to knock it off and not have mental images of punching the love of his life in the face. It was always hard to pretend he wasn’t doing it when Suho walked by too, schooling his face into his best attempt of demure innocence which always made Baekhyun choke laughing.

It was not his fault that his face was crafted from marble, hauntingly beautiful and masked with cold indifference.

Keeping said face from reflecting his utmost displeasure  was turning out to be a lot harder than he anticipated, which was really saying something since had a hard time showing anything other than boredom as it was and right now fake smiling each time Suho looked his way was turning out to be a pain in his .

Admittedly, he was sure there were certain Suho induced pains to his that he was in support of, but that was not one of them.

Really though, who the hell thought it was a good idea for him and Baekhyun to volunteer to help people? And worst yet; volunteer to do so where it was required to do manual labour?

In the sun.

Sehun did not like sunlight. Sehun did not like manual labour. Sehun did not like labour. Sehun did not like people. Sehun did not like doing labour for people.

Sehun liked Suho though.

Now if that wasn’t a contradiction Sehun didn’t know what was.

 [“ Clearly you don’t!” Luhan snickered meanly.]

Idiot cousins that had no right to invite themselves to events to help poor sad people without actually joining stupid groups called “A Helping Hand” so he could spend time with his freakishly tall ed faced boyfriend did not have the right to comment!!!

Why the hell didn’t he do what Luhan did?

The little fairy just invited himself to the home they were trying to help construct and had taken to sitting under the big willow tree in the yard eating the cookies the old lady had set out for people who were working [ Read: Not Luhan…..or Sehun for that matter, but whateverrrr] and winked at or catcalled Kris whenever he walked bag with bags of material or wood or even a bottle of water.

Just basically whenever he saw Kris.

Kris thankfully ignored him, though Sehun could see Kris blushing from time to time depending on how embarrassing Luhan was being. When he yelled rather graphically something about Kris’s arms and what he wanted to do with them, everyone sort of blushed so Sehun would cut Kris some slack on that point.

If Kris had any sense or a backbone he would have kicked Luhan out long ago…...at least for Sehun’s sanity.

Really…..why didn’t he just do what Luhan did? Sigh.

Why did he let Baekhyun convince him that it was marginally a good idea to even consider signing up for this stupid organization? All they did was stare at Suho or Kyungsoo during meetings and creep them out, or well Baekhyun was creepy, he was just watchful.

And to prove that point, Suho normally smiled at him [which would lead to him spending the rest of the meeting blushing and grinning to himself like a lunatic, which probably creeped everyone out, not just Suho, but yeah] and Kyungsoo either glared at Baekhyun or rolled his eyes at him.

Sehun would sometimes say joining the club was worth it just for those smiles, but when it came to actually having to do crap for the club is when his mind wavered on that point significantly.

Sehun was not good at things like that. Had he not made that clear by now?

There were only so many of these events he could miss without looking a total and he had convinced himself that it could be worst.

At least now he got to stare at Suho dressed in that cute little hard hat and work gloves and the overalls[……Suho was just adorably stupid that way. He liked concepts apparently] and be all manly and hot [and damn was he hot!!, if the amount of times Sehun had lost his breathe and imagined ungodly things was any indication] and all of that.

The doing work thing didn’t last long though.

Sehun’s hands were not accustomed to things like that and after the first wood he tried to move, attempting to show off his manliness to Suho, had hurt his poor hand and made it red with its weight he had all but quit.

So much for manliness.

Maybe Suho liked bratty and young? Jongin said he could totally be . Maybe Suho liked twinks?

It was worth a shot.

Baekhyun lasted longer though, still trying to pretend he had a conscience and cared about people and all of that or maybe he was just busy following around Kyungsoo and attempting to show him that he can be a manly man and induce him into finally accepting one of the million confessions he would have spewed before the day was done.

Kyungsoo looked either annoyed or murderous, so Sehun didn’t have much hope for success.

Though if you asked Baekhyun he would say that Kyungsoo was in love with him and was begging for his body or something else as equally delusional. Sehun would admit that it was only slightly promising that Kyungsoo had not broken any of Baekhyun’s bones for the day and he had so far only punched him in the gut and stamped on his foot.

 All things considered, then maybe it was a good day for Baekhyun.

Sehun however was not that lucky.

He had since faked a headache and had been forced to sit with Luhan under the tree, the only place where they would get to keep an eye on things –or their belongings to be accurate- without having to do .

It was clear to anyone with a of sense that Sehun was faking the headache, Luhan pointing that out before he even sat down, earning him a kick from Sehun for saying it a little too loud. It was just a good thing that Suho was sometimes as dumb as he was handsome, just smiling sympathetically at Sehun when he passed by, which actually had the effect to make Sehun look sick, since all the blood rushed to his face anyway.

He would say all’s well that ends well, except for the fact that now he was stuck with Luhan and all his inappropriateness and Suho was out of sight and by then the sun was beating down all around them and he felt a little faint for real.

So much for lying.

He attempted to rest his head against Luhan, but the bastard was busy trying to embarrass his boyfriend so was entirely uncomfortable with all his freaking movement and by then Sehun just really wanted to go home, fitting his head against the chair’s head bar and closing his eyes, but too uncomfortable to sleep, which .

This entire thing actually, Sehun sulking like the big baby that he was, until it happened.

Suho.

 In all his perfect glory approaching him, looking hot……well maybe not hot, but  to Sehun’s addled brain Suho was always y and gorgeous and perfect and he needed to stop or else he would start to drool and that is not attractive Oh Sehun!

“Sehunnie” He hummed.

Like freaking hummed. Was he trying to kill him? Sehun staring at him with big buggy bulging eyes, aware just exactly how stupid he must look even without Luhan’s sudden attention, hearing the bastard snicker in the background.

“Hyung.....Suho…Suho hyung”

Will he ever learn to speak to Suho like a freaking adult? Hell he would settle for child, once it was better than this stupid stuttering thing that he had going on. Suho would never be taken by him if he appeared to be brain dead.

In his defence though, it was all Suho’s fault. Who the hell told him to be an archangel?

Suho smiled at him then and if Sehun was felling faint before he all but lost his mind.

“Careful there Joonmyeonnie, you are gonna break him” Luhan teased with an annoying laugh.

 By then however, Sehun was too lost in the cloud bazillion where people who could only feel bliss lived.

Suho smiled at him. He smiled at him like that.

 ///DIES///

“…su…so..per…”

Sehun said something or at least he thought he did, not sure since his mind was clouded in such a blissful haze and by then he didn’t care too much that he was a guppy basically.

Suho was before him. Suho was smiling at him.

OHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYY FREAKINGGGGGGGG GODDDDD!!!!!!!!

He touched me.

Oh.

***********

The next time Sehun opened his eyes, he was lying on his bed in his room with Luhan sitting beside him and Baekhyun cackling like a freaking banshee and the a feeling of shame so deep in his gut that he was pained to even open his eyes.

He didn’t even know why, but he really should have just listened to his instincts.

“You actually fainted”

Baekhyun was by then practically rolling on the floor laughing so much that Sehun hoped he choked, and was instinctively adamant that he would really kick him in the nuts as soon as Sehun decided whether or not he would survive the shame.

“Can’t believe you actually fainted. You embarrassed me kid” Luhan lamented, but he was washed so much amusement that Sehun wanted to throw up.

He would ask what they were talking about, but he had a vague recollection.

He was deliberately blocking it out for his continued existence on this planet.

If he allowed himself to remember fully how he had fainted from glee when Suho had touched his reddened face to see if he had a fever then he would likely drown himself in the toilet.

Yep.

It never happened and Sehun was now a hermit.

“Let me die in peace” Sehun mumbled, curling himself under the covers and wishing for death to come to him right there.

“You can’t die yet” Baekhyun coughed, still laughing enough to choke himself.

“You’re lucky Joonmyeonnie is dumber than Kris. The sweet idiot thinks you ‘re really sick and was just here to see you” Luhan informed with some amusement, busy his troublesome cousin’s hair, feeling sorry for the kid.

He knew that sort of feeling, as embarrassing as Sehun was turning out to be.

It was infinitely adorable though.

“What???”

“And you guys didn’t wake me?”

“OH MY GOD!!!”

Suho was there. Suho saw him like that. Suho was freaking there after he had embarrassed himself. Suho was in his room, his dirty stalker like room with pictures of Suho barely hidden between all his crap.

 Perfect Suho knew of his existence and cared enough to come see him. Suho was in his filthy room. ARRHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Suho!!

Sehun may have fainted again.

They weren’t sure since they were too busy laughing.

Sehun may or may not have kicked Baekhyun in the stomach and may have tried to strangle Luhan.

He definitely spent the day sobbing until Suho called to ask how he was feeling.

Thereafter he spent the rest of the weekend either on a cloud at the fact that Suho had called or banging his head against a wall for stuttering all of four words and making Suho giggle, more than likely at him and not with him and there was really only so much the fact that Suho knew he existed could compensate for without Sehun attempting to murder himself for being so ing embarrassing when Suho was involved.

But on the bright side, at least no one knew why he fainted.

**************

“Heard you fainted at the slightest touch from of our precious “guardian”?” Jongdae taunted.

“!!!!!!!!! LUHAN I WILL KILL YOU!!!!!!!!!!”

The ing babbler mouth!

Sehun definitely fainted again.

[This Kris can confirm since the overly dramatic had strategically done so within his grasp, ensuring that Kris caught him and as much as he would have liked to let the annoying brat break his head, he had a soft spot for the kid, go figure.]

A/N: Seho as promised, though it's a bit late...sorry. Not sure where to take this verse, so I am open to ideas, suggestions, prompts, scenarios that you all have in mind that can help. Thanks and enjoy ^^