Chapter 18

Why me??

Blood

Screams

More blood

Darkness

That was all on what I could remember.

Each breath of air was pain for me. I tried to open my eyes but I failed. I focused on the pain in my chest and the fact that I could not feel my lower body. I counted the seconds. All seemed to stand still. I took a deep breath and felt the pain numbed my body. Out of sheer pain I opened my eyes and saw only blurred silhouette. I heard several of voices talking but I saw scraps of my senses were as befuddled.

Ann can you hear me? I nodded and felt the pain again.

We'll take you to another room. He grabbed me and carried me toward the door. I snuggled into his chest. Where is my baby? He gave me a worried look to the let me nothing good guess.

There were complications. The child would have died had we not operated on but it is weak and we do not know if it survives the night.

Can I see it? I wanted to see my child before it would die. I did not care if they stop me I wanted to see my child.

Are you sure?

Yes!

I was carried in our bedroom. Next to our bed was a little kid’s bed made of wrought iron. He sat me down and I tried to go wobbly on my feet to the bed. I would see my child, my wonderful child. I stood in front of the crib and considered the wonder that lay there.


It's a girl.


I her cheeks. Hello Ai. Welcome to the family. She opened her eyes and looked at me. Her eyes were blue as the sea I could have lost it so beautiful. But the moment of intimacy did not last long as Luhan in the room entered.

He took Ai.

He took my child from me.

He said they would need special supervision and in my state it would not be good to take care of a newborn. He left the room, leaving me alone with Tao. I gave him a worried look. He has not told me anything right?
He nodded. It turned out that Ai was a human not a half vampire. She was not immortal as suspected she was a normal child and she had a cardiac defect. She wouldn’t survive.  After this story was clearly to me, Ai will die this week.

I had lost my child.

It was gone.

I felt so empty and lost and locked me in my room. I wanted to be alone, no compassion and caring. It was too late for that nothing brought my baby back. The knock on the door interrupted my thoughts. It was Sehun he looked worried, all looked worried to me.

How are you? He did not look particularly happy. I knew that he already had to deal with death, but that was not the same.

Empty. I tried not to sound depressed but that did not work. He saw that I cried the last night.

Sehun… just go. I wanted to be alone but he remained seated and hugged me. He hugged me close to him and I started to cry. Everything will be fine. He tried to calm me down but I started to cry hysterically. Why? Why Sehun? Why did this happen? I tried to calm down and broke the embrace. I looked into Sehuns face. He wiped a tear away. It will be all good again Ann. Trust us. He got up and left. I was alone again, thinking about his words.

I lay back in bed. Luhan would come soon. He still have to make the follow-up. He will prescribe me anti depressives with safety but as a few pills cannot give me my child back. For him, it is still unclear why she was not a half-vampire. After all, the father was a vampire and the mother was human.

My thoughts were interrupted when someone knocked on the door.
Come in Luhan!
I my back and watched Luhan as he went to the window and opened the curtains. Light floods the room and my eyes had to get used to the brightness.
How are you? He asked seriously how I feel.
I my stomach and pressed my face into a pillow. I wanted to cry out in grief. I raised my eyes again and looked up at Luhan.

Ann...

I'm still alive as you see. I pressed her head back against the pillow and tried to hold back my tears.
Ann I know you lost your child but please take your tablets. He said nothing more and put the pack on my night stander and left the room. I took the package and read the side effects.

Nausea
Migraine
Anorexia
Fatigue

Sounds really bad.... I took my glass and swallowed a few. There was another knock at the door. Could I have in this god damned house never my peace. It was Tao - my fiance. We wanted to get married after the birth but it turned out differently. He came to me to tell me the funeral date. It will be in a week. He looked at me with concern.
Ann I will always love you no matter whether in good or bad times. He leaned forward and kissed my forehead.

Everthing will be fine Ann. He left the room too.

-He let me alone in my darkness the absorbed my more and more.-

A/N OMO I'm soooo sorry for the late update. I was a week in Spain and my laptop broke down -.-
I think about to end the story...it's longer as I thought.

I hope you like the update~
And yes I kill her daughter *muhahaha* and she won't return.