Chapter 48: Wedding Bells

Love Literally
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

~ After Graduation~


 *Ring, Ringg!* Kourin rang the bell as she cycled past many people. She stopped her bike at the bike stand and slung her bag over her shoulder. She then got off the bike and skipped her way to the building.

 She rubbed her hands on her pants nervously, and blew her bangs as she entered the lift. The lift door opened, and she took a left turn, only to see her best friend. "Hana!!" Kourin grinned, and they ran up to each other for a hug. 

 "Omo! You got accepted?!" Hana exclaimed.

 "De! I'm lucky the person before me left for another company, or i won't be able to get hired!"Kourin sighed.

 "It's so good to get to see each other at work!! And our desks are next to each other~"

 "Yes! And you'll have to teach me more stuffs~"

 "Hello!"Hana snapped.

 "Hi!" Kourin grinned.

 "I'm only here one day earlier than you.. seriously.."

 Kourin grinned idiotically at Hana.

 "Omo! It's an invite to Hyo ri and Luhan's wedding!!" Hana exclaimed when she saw the invitation card on her desk. "Wow man, i really thought they were joking about it.. "

 "Um, a woman came by and asked to give to you two.." A colleague said.

 "Oh, thanks!" Hana thanked her. She turned to Kourin. "It's on the day before Soyu's leaving , aish.. just thinking of her leaving... but i really hope she will become a lawyer like she wants!"

 Kourin nodded. "Yea, me too. We'll all miss her.." Kourin looked at the card. She had thought it was all just a sad dream, but.. now she can't deny it anymore. They were really getting married.

 "Hmm, but it'll be like a grand goodbye! Before she leaves to study overseas.. "

 Just then, Kai appeared out of nowhere. "How's my babe.." He stopped when he saw Kourin. "Um, i've bought lunch for you" Kai gave Hana the packet he brought. 

 "Omo! Thanks! I was starving!" Hana grinned. "Let's eat together"

 Kourin turned to leave, but Hana stopped her. "Come with us downstairs to eat!" 

 When Kai went to the washroom, Hana turned to Kourin. " Hey.. are you okay?? Why do you seem so sad? Are you.. not ok with me being with Kai??"

 "Yah, it's not. I'm totally happy with it. I mean, i didn't have feelings for Kai, and i was the one to initiate the break up. I'm just glad he wasn't heartbroken or anything."

 "Okay.."

 "Yah, i'm just envious! You both seem so lovey-dovey, you know, it gives me goosebumps just looking at you both."

 Hana grinned. "That's good. You know, i heard Hyo ri say she wants you to be her bridesmaid! I'm so envious!! Ahh, don't tell her that!!"


-

 "So, what are you doing now?" She asked as she placed her mug down.

 "I'm starting my work as an accountant now. Mom, i don't think i can see you as often now.." Kourin said.

 Kourin's mother nodded. "Arrasso. I'm just glad my daughter has gotten the job she wants." 


 Kourin looked around as she sipped on her mocha. "Mm, is that Dasom??" She stared hard. It was. Dasom was drinking alone and looking through her camera. "Who?" Her mother inquired.

 "Dasom!" Kourin waved. "Why don't you come sit with us?"

 Dasom looked up. "Kourin, you're here too? Okie" She quickly got up and made her way to their table. " Omo, auntie, you're Kourin's mother, right?" 

 The old woman nodded. "How did you know?"

 "Oh, Kourin told me about you. But um.. no offense, why do you.. look so old? Shouldn't you be like.. um, 20 years younger? Kourin said you were 50+"

 "Ahh, that.." Her mother paused. "I have.. lipostrophy.."

 "Lipodystrophy," Kourin corrected.

"Ah, yea, that. That's why.. i look older than my age."

 "Owhh.. i'm sorry ma'am.. "

 "Nah, it's alright.." 

 Awkward silence.

 "So um.. how's things with Luhan?" Dasom asked Kourin. 

 Kourin looked down. She didn't want to talk about that infront of her mother.

 "Who? Is he your boyfriend or something?" Kourin mother asked.

 "Umm.. " 

 "He's a guy she likes. But sadly.. he likes someone else. He-" Dasom helped Kourin reply, but stopped when she shot Dasom a death glare. Dasom bowed down apologetically. 

 "Omo.. you must be so sad Kourin.." Her mother said. "But no matter what, i'll support your decision, ok?"

 Kourin sighed. "Thanks, mom.."

 

 They bade Kourin's mother goodbye as Dasom and Kourin trudged home together. "Yah, you should confess to Luhan that you like him."

 "I.. i don't know.. i don't know how i'm going to say it to him. Afterall, i even told him i was only joking that i liked him."

 "So, do you need some love expert's advice?" Dasom winked. Kourin laughed at that. "Reaally. Love expert"

   Kourin sighed for the nth time. "I don't.. want to break them up. But it really hurts to keep my feelings bottled up. I don't know what to do.."

 "Since when did you like him?"

 "I think.. when i was with Kai..? He was always so funny and nice, and it was comfortable around him. Not that i'm saying Kai isn't good to be around with, but Luhan was more understanding and less pressuring. I don't even know why i fell for him. I mean, he had Hyo ri. I knew he had Hyo ri. But.. i just.."


 "You know.. a long time ago.. i would've said, go, Kourin. Go and try to fight for him, because you love him. Don't give up like that, because if i were you, i won't. I would not let him go that easily. I wouldn't back down without a fight. I felt like that too, Kourin, when i thought you liked Kris. I should be feeling worse, Kourin.. because i loved Kris for so many years. You only started to have feelings for Luhan for like less than a year. But now.. if you ask me, i would say, let him go, Kourin. He obviously doesn't love you, since he's marrying Hyo ri. Instead of feeling sad.. you should be feeling grateful that he's happy, that.. he's at least alive.." Tears formed in Dasom's eyes as she thought of Kris. "At least.. he's still around you, and alive somewhere... and not.. dead." Tears flowed endlessly down Dasom's face as memories of Kris flashed back. "Whatever you do.. your actions will have consequences. And.. i gotten mine. I don't blame god for doing this to me. I blame god for doing this to him."

 "Dasom.." Kourin breathed as she gave her a tight hug.

 "Just.. whatever decision you make.. don't regret it."


-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter