Not a Bad Thing

Love at War (Deleting Soon)
Please log in to read the full chapter

As soon as Emma set foot in the living room, rapid knocks on the door could be heard. Almost immediately, footsteps pounded furiously against the floor. Percy, Annabeth and Jason were standing at the bottom of the stairs, looking at Emma with wide eyes. Emma was moving towards the door, ready to peep through the peephole contemplating on whether or not she should let the person in, only to be stopped by a hand holding her wrist, pulling her away from the door. Emma turned, only to find D.O staring intensely at her with his default wide eyes.

“Allow me to do it.”  Was all he said before pushing Emma gently to the side to open the door.

“What do you want?” D.O asked gruffly. He came face to face with a small scrawny male who wore nothing but black from top to bottom. He had a defensive posture and wore no expression on his face.

“I am Nico, Son of Hades and I would like to see my friends,” He said with a voice that threatened ‘Let-Me-In-Or-I’ll-Kill-You’. Emma took a peek over D.O’s broad shoulder, immediately recognizing the crouching figure.

“Let him in,” Emma said with a small smile playing on her lips. Relieve overwhelmed her as D.O moved aside to allow the small boy to come in.

“It’s been long guys. It’s been long…” Nico looked up, only to be engulfed in a group hug by Emma, Jason, Percy and Annabeth.  The other wolves stared in wonder as all 4 of them engulf the small boy in a hug, it was a wonder that he did not break.   

“Nico, what are you doing here? Where have you been?” Annabeth asked, surveying the pale boy. Nico certainly didn’t look like the little cheerful boy he used to be. He now had a look of wisdom and maturity beyond his age.

“I’ve been here and there, helping father…” He mumbled, trying his best to smile. Emma looked at the boy with sympathy; the recent months must have been tough for him. She continued staring until one of the wolves cleared his throat.

Please log in to read the full chapter