Memories from the past

Silently loving a mafia prince

Quote:The first recipe for happiness is: avoid too lengthy meditation on the past.-Andre Maurois

Key P.O.V

“Where is he?” I asked the bartender. He pointed to a table from the corner where hyung was long ago passed out. I walked towards his table and with a lot of effort picked him up. “Aish…no more food for you! “ I grumbled annoyed because hyung was way more heavy then he seemed.

I dumped hyung into the back seat of the car then I drove home.

As I got almost at home hyung started to stir. He let out a low growl as he opened his eyes.

“Aish…my head hurts like hell!” he complained as he rubbed his forehead

“I would have said that you got used to it after almost 2 weeks in which you had the same routine.” I said bluntly

No, I was not heartless…in fact it pained me to see him so lost…always drowning his sorrows in countless bottles of alcohol… but at the same time I couldn’t still pretend that he was the victim when he brought all this upon himself.

“You can always tell her the truth, you know that, right?”I advised

“My decision won’t change Kibum!” Jonghyun stubbornly said

“Yeah…I thought so too!”

________________________

Yuri P.O.V

“Can’t sleep?” asked Minho looking at me worriedly

“Ihm…I don’t think it’s right!” I confessed

“What?” Minho asked obviously confused

“I don’t think that what Jonghyun did is right! He should have let Jessica decide whether she can forgive him or not.”

“So I am not the only one that thinks that way!” Minho mumbled quietly “Actually, I’ve been having this though since the first moment Key told me the truth. I can see Jonghyun’s point of view, he didn’t mean to hurt her, but at the same time I can’t help but think that in reality Jonghyun  is protecting himself. H e can live with the idea that Jessica will hate him for cheating her but he can’t live with the idea that she’ll see him as the monster that took her family and her happiness”

“Probably you’re right! I just don’t know what exactly is right anymore!” I said defeated “I’ll go grab a cup of water or else I’ll probably never be able to sleep.”

***

“Can’t sleep or is my son not letting you sleep?” said a manly voice startling me as I was pouring the water in a glass

“You are still awake!” I said dodging his question

“You’re dodging my question!” Minho’s dad remarked

“You’re right!” I couldn’t help admitting “It’s the first one : I can’t sleep!”

“What is on your mind? Kris Wu or Kris Wu?” he asked frank as always

“Kim Jonghyun actually!” I said my answer certainly surprising him “You certainly haven’t seen it coming!”

“Are you thinking of making all my sons fall for you in a row?” he asked dead serious

I couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle because his question was the joke of the century.” Allow me to ask you something: If the women you love would hurt because of you would you let go of her ?”

“If you had asked me this 20 years ago I would have said yes…now, my answer is no. That kid’s mother suffered a lot because of me so I let her go thinking she’ll be happier without me …but I was wrong…she wasn’t happy…I wasn’t happy…nobody was happy. I should have let her decide!”

“I thought so too!” I agreed ”Thank you sir, you’ve been of a great help!” I said then I slightly hugged Minho’s dad because everything seemed to have cleared up “Good night sir.”

“Yuri-ah so which one is it: Kris Wu, Minho or Jonghyun?” asked Minho’s dad making me confused for a moment because I didn’t know what he was referring about.

“ Kris Wu was my past… Minho is my present and my future.”

“Good!”

_______________________

Jessica P.O.V

**Where are we going?** I asked not in the mood to get up from my bed

“I choose to call it a healing trip!” Yuri said as she tossed in my arms a few clothes “ Go change!” she ordered like a boss

***

“Jessica wake up!” I heard Yuri calling my name as she poked my sides playfully. Yup, she was awfully happy nowadays, and though we didn’t have a proper talk I was sure it had something to do with Minho.

I rubbed my eyes then I looked out of the window trying to figure out where I was.

*This is the place where Jonghyun brought me last time.* I realized. I felt my eyes suddenly starting to water but I fought my tears back.

**Why are we here?** I asked Yuri slightly irritated

“You’ll know soon…just trust me on this one ok?” Yuri said then she got out of the car so I had no choice but to follow her “Where is that tree you told me about?”

***

After a long walk that now seemed even longer then before we were sitting in front of the same tree from before. From his branches were hanging thousands of sea shells , I recognized ours from the first glance!

“Which one is yours and Jonghyun’s ?” asked Yuri. I guided her towards mine. Next to it was Jonghyun’s . I took my seashell and read the message inside: Thanks for making me happy!

Curious how fast everything changed…at that time I was the happiest person on earth now it felt like every day was a torture.

Yuri picked up Jonghyun’s seashell. I stopped her before reading the message, remembering about the 7 years curse that Jonghyun told me about.

**You can’t look or you’ll be cursed for the next 7 years!** I warned her though I was more than aware how silly it sounded.

“I’ll take the risk!” Yuri said as she looked at the message that was written inside the seashell “Just as I thought! Urg…those brothers are awfully cheesy!” she said in a low voice then she read out loud: “Saranghae…forever and always! Jessica Jung <3”

I couldn’t believe my ears…It didn’t make sense…nothing made sense anymore. His message…his eyes said that he loved me ; his actions said the opposite.

“Jessica…I’ve been thinking a lot if to tell you this or not…even now I don’t know if what I am going to do next is right or not …all I know is that it shouldn’t be like this either. Jessica, Jonghyun lied to you. There was never another woman…he invented that woman because he loves you. I know it sounds stupid but trust me… he loves you…he’s been suffering as much as you if not even more for the past two weeks.”

I was hearing her…I understood clearly each and every of her words but they didn’t make sense.

**How can inventing another woman, kissing her in front of me be a proof of his love for me?** I asked in disbelieve because I didn’t expect Yuri to be siding with Jonghyun.

“He invented her to protect you…or maybe as Minho says because he is more sacred that you could hate him then losing you. “
**Protect me from what?**

“From…from finding out that he was responsible for your mother’s death!” Yuri said in a low voice but I heard it…I heard each and every word

**He killed mom?** I asked tears already falling

“He didn’t mean to…apparently he and his first love were involved in an accident. His lover died as well another woman that was a collateral victim in the accident…your mom. His car hit another car and that car hit you mother’s car. Jonghyun found out everything when you visited your mother’s grave.”

**How could he do it? How could he look into my eyes and say he loved me when he knew he destroyed everything I had?**

“He didn’t know Jess…he doesn’t remember anything! Jonghyun searched through the newspapers and the police records. Just like you can’t talk because of that shock, Jonghyun too erased that moment by developing some sort of amnesia. He never knew about having killed your mom…he found out only because coincidentally your mother’s grave was in the same place as his lover’s. You told him about your accident and he knew on the same day he had an accident so he naturally grew curious and that’s how he found out everything…he didn’t knew how to tell you …truthfully I might have done the same if I were him…because no matter how much he loves you it’s selfish for him to keep you for him knowing how much he hurt you.”

I fell on my knees crying. Tears started to fall like waterfalls. What a cruel destiny we had …it tided us like that…I feel for the one that destroyed my happiness.

________________________

Yuri P.O.V

“What do you plan to do now that you know everything?”

**I don’t know…truthfully I want to run at him and hug him…I miss him a lot but at the same time just thinking that he caused mom’s dead is killing me!**

“Yeah…I think I know how you feel!” I admitted because I felt the same way about Kris “But Jessica, let me give you a piece of advice: There are people that make mistakes but when they realize the gravity of their actions they learn to never do it again; then there are people that make mistakes but never learn so they continue doing it. Jonghyun is part of the first category Jess…those that learn should be given a second chance Jess. In Jonghyun’s case it wasn’t even his fault, Minho told me everything: Jonghyun was with his girlfriend when some enemy of his father attacked him. They wanted to kill Jonghyun because that way they would have made Jonghyun’s father suffer. It was a childish payback if you ask me, anyway, because Jonghyun was worried for his lover’s safety he got her inside his car and drove hoping that he would lose them, , but those man continued to follow them so in the end Jonghyun lost control of his car and hit a tree. The car that followed him tried to avoid his car and instead hit your mom’s car.” Yuri said reveling to me the past that Jonghyun never told me about

“It was just an unfortunate accident!”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N : Sorry for the late up date! It seems I just can't find time for this anymore. Or energy maybe. Anyway, I am not going to give up on this because I am too gratefull to all of you because I couln't have made it to where I am right now withut your help. So please look forward for the ending and continue to root for me .

Comments/Subscribers  are highly desired. But more important then all this enjoy reading!

 Have a nice day and may all  blessed!