Just my luck

Silently loving a mafia prince

 

       Quote:Fate is  a misconception; it’s only a cover up for the fact that we don’t have control over our own life.”

Jessica P.O.V

I   looked out of the window trying to find something interesting, something lively that would distract me from falling asleep in the history class.

“Miss Jung! Miss Jung! Are you listening what I am saying?”

I looked at the teacher then I nodded my   head .The teacher started to teach the lesson again already being aware that he wouldn’t get any   replay and that he couldn’t punish me in any way. After the class ended I quickly put my things in the bag and hurried to get back home to finish my long list of chores that I had   to do. As I was sitting in the   bus station waiting for the bus to come an old man, probably around 60 years old came and took a seat next to me.

“Young lady, can you be kind enough to tell me what time is it?” ask the man politely

I took my phone from the bag and showed him the hour that was written on the screen.

“Thank you very much but you know you shouldn’t be afraid of me. I know that in this world there are a lot of bad people that would hurt pretty girls like you but I am not one of those, so you shouldn’t worry.”
I looked at him then smiled trying to show that I was not afraid of him and that I am not bothered at all by his presence.

“So you don’t want to speak with me at all? Should I tell you a story so that time would pass faster?”
I nodded   my head but the friendly grandpa didn’t observe my gesture.

“I guess I am too old and boring for you. I guess that youngsters nowadays aren’t interested in hearing some old man’s stories.”

I looked trough my bag then took a notepad and a pen and wrote a few words on the paper and gave it to the old man.

“So you can’t speak?” Asked the man after reading the note

“Sorry for misunderstanding you .I guess it must be really hard not to be able to express your thoughts out loud. Oh, the bus is coming! I guess I will have to tell you the story some other time!” said the man and the got into the bus. After the bus left I stayed there alone waiting for my bus to come, as I was staying I couldn’t shrug the words that the man said from my head. The man was right, silence could be nice sometimes but living in complete silence for years is hard and tiresome. Many times I saw girls confessing their feelings to the guy that they like but me on the other hand, I will never be able to confess because no matter how hard I will try my words won’t simply come out .As I was lost in  my own thoughts, I heard the bus coming. I got into the bus then took a seat. After a 20 minutes ride I finally got home. Just as usually the house was empty. I went into my room and changed into some comfortable clothes then started to clean and cook. After 2 hours I finished my chores and then went to my room and started to prepare my lessons for the next day. Without realizing the time went by and soon my stomach started to protest asking his rights at the same time giving me a notice that it was diner time.

I went in the kitchen and waited for my father to come, but even after one hour he was still not at home. I put some food on a plate and then went into my room already aware of the fact that my dad  would probably spend another night out, drowning his sorrows  with a bottle of soju as he frequently did after my mother passed away.

I ate my diner then I logged on the internet hoping that my friend would be online but to my disappointment she wasn’t. I listened some music until I fell asleep.

At 2 am I heard the door opening. I got up from my bed and went in the living room, there I saw my father removing his shoes as he was stumbling. I quickly went to him and helped him get on the sofa. I could feel the smell of alcohol and cigarettes, the smell that even that I would feel almost every night I still couldn’t get used to. I run into the bathroom and threw up. I cleaned myself then I went back to sleep.

******beep  beep  beep ******

I woke up hearing the annoying but clear sound of the alarm. I got up and then went to the bathroom to wash up. After I washed up, I dressed and then went to the kitchen to prepare the breakfast. As I was on stairs I heard my father talk with someone.

“I came to get my money! Where is my money?”
”I don’t have it! I have been fired so I couldn’t raise any money. I tried to find a job but with the current financial crisis I couldn’t find anything.”
”Why do you think that I care? I told you the rules from the beginning and you accepted and even signed a contract. Now, what should I do? I can’t lose my money, can I? I guess that this house should cover the amount of money that you owe me!”
”You can’t take my house! This is the only thing that I have left! This is the only memory that I have from my wife!”
”I don’t really care!” said the man looking disgusted
”Please give me some time! I promise you that I will pay everything until to the last dollar by the end of the next month!”
”I guess that would be possible but I still needs a guarantee! What can you offer me in exchange?”

“I can’t offer you anything, but I can promise you that I will keep my word.”

“Unfortunately your word means nothing right now. Still I am a kind person so I will give you one month but to make sure that you are not going to come up with some stupid plan and try to trick me I will give you a little lesson.” said the man kicking my dad , causing him to fall on the ground . I quickly went down not caring about the fact that I could be in danger and tried to help my dad.

“Look  what we have here! So you have a daughter! I guess you are lucky today!” said the man, that now for the first time I was able to analyze clearly.  He was a man around 40-45 years old, that could easily be mistaken for an actor or a celebrity due to his looks still he was sending a very cold and authoritative vibe, he seemed the kind of person that could never take a “no” for answer. He was the type of man that could make people feel unsure and weak.

”What do you mean?” asked my dad weakly, because he was still in pain after the kicks that he took and obviously because he was scared of the cold attitude the man had.

“I think I found out what the guarantee is going to be! To your luck my son happens to need a new maid and your daughter seems to be quite suitable for the job. So what do you say? Do you agree?”

I was very shocked hearing his words, because I could never guess, not even in one million years that the solution would be me. Just thinking at the possibility of working for such a cruel person made my head hurt, but I haven’t even got the chance to finish my thoughts because I heard my father say the words that I was never expecting to hear!

“I AGREE!”
I would have tried to protest if I actually could but anyway it would have been useless because no matter how much I would try to deny the facts, the things still wouldn’t have change at all and that is one thing that I was sure. If there is one thing that I learned in my 19 years of life then that is that: I don’t have control over my own life and that luck is not on my side.

...........................................................................................................................................................................

Author's note: Please give me strenght and encouragement through your COMMENTS and SUBSCRIPTIONS!

I hope you will enjoy this update!!!