Chapter 33: Truth

Love Royale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Recap:

“If you don’t want to say anything. Fine,” I added in before they speak up, “Remember, your sons are waiting to have a family dinner tonight.”

 

“You!” TOP’s father angered up, only to receive a loud chuckle from Bom. After both of them calmed down, Jiyong’s dad spoke up, “He’s not the only one with the scar. There are three of us in total. The Dragon gang.”

 

“These scars are from getting our tattoo removed,” Seunghyun’s father sighed. “Back when we were in high school, we were the most popular gang of the school; five of us. Later, two members moved to America to study abroad. The remaining three graduated here in Seoul.”

 

“We weren’t successful back then,” Jiyong’s dad continued, “The three of us promised to become rich together, so we exchanged tattoos.”

 

After a long pause, Jiyong’s dad follows up, “Shortly afterwards, our friend got married and moved to Japan to manage his company.”

 

“I remember very clearly,” Seunghyun’s father engrossed in deep thoughts, “We came over to visit him on March first. His company was doing very well, indeed, it was the fast growing company at the time.”

 

“He told us that he removed the tattoo because he’s a public figure, therefore he can’t let others see anything bad about him,” Seunghyun’s father continued.

 

“We received a call on March 4th from him. He panicked and told us his wife got ran over by a car, and the hospital needs an urgent surgery on her. Unfortunately, the hospital does not have her blood type to perform the surgery,” G-Dragon’s father spoke softly.

 

“Afterwards when we arrived at the hospital, he suddenly broke into tears and confessed to us. I still remember everything clearly, words for words,” TOP’s dad sighed again. “‘I’m scared… I’m really scared,’ he told us with a pale face. ‘I stepped on the gas pedal with all my strength, and I ran a red light.’”

“I told him he didn’t mean to do it; after all, it was just a traffic violation,” TOP’s father looked down on the floor, lost for words.

 

“‘It’s more than that,’ our friend was now on his knees, begging us for help. ‘The red light was too long; I couldn’t wait for it. I briefly glance and no car was coming; I stepped on it with full speed to cross the intersection… little did I know, a car was coming and I slammed into it. It flew and spun like crazy onto the sidewalk, finally stopped and tripped over a massive tree trunk. My car’s hood was just damaged, but still works fine.’”

 

“Pitiful,” Jiyong’s father sighed for the umpteenth time. “He told us he was about to check on the car’s passenger, but the images of his wife dying and waiting for him in the hospital bed flashed onto his mind. He looked around and saw a terrified little boy looking at him, a very familiar face. Back to reality, he could not lose anymore time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter