Chapter 31: Astonishment

Love Royale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N:

Annyonghaseyo = Hello (formal)

 

 

Recap:

We turned around to see a black Mercedes with tinted windows, parked on the curb in front of our apartment. Out came a tall driver opening the doors; I figured that person much be rich. Unbelievable to my eyes, two middle-aged men stepped out and turned to us. It’s them! Why are they here?

 

 

“What are you doing here?” Jiyong stuffed his hands in his pocket as he closed the door to their living room. Everyone else stayed and watched the movie in the family room.

 

“How are you both doing lately?” the old man with thin-rimmed glasses and a black suit asked.

 

“Why would you care?” TOP rudely retorted which earned a nudge from Jiyong.

 

 “Why are you here?” Jiyong asked.

 

“First, to check on you. Second, we want you guys to come back and manage the companies. We’re not young anymore, and you guys ran away for a year already. We joined the two companies into one, therefore both of you can run it together,” the white suit man continued.

 

“Listen, how many times do I have to say this? I do not want to get involved with these stuff,” TOP rolled his eyes.

 

Jiyong added in, “Dad, our life is very stabled right now. We’re satisfied with what we have.”

 

“Why don’t you guys get it? Times go fast; before you know it, you’ll be out in life looking for a job! You need to start now and learn to continue our family business,” the gentleman with glasses angered up.

 

TOP got up and madly screamed back, “Business! All you care is that stupid company! I’m sick of this. Have you ever cared for me like that? Even when mom di-” A slap across the face stopped him from continuing.

 

TOP’s dad replied with sadness in his tone, “For many years, I regretted my past decisions. I’ve tried my best to make up happiness and attention you’ve never received. You still think of me like that.”

 

“No, you’re wrong,” TOP answered in a fierce tone, “Nothing can make it up. Everything is the past. Nothing can make her alive again.”

 

“Can’t you just let it go and move on? The past is the past. I can’t travel back in time, all I can do is try to change the present,” he whispered softly.

 

Tears slowly rolled down TOP’s cheeks, “Change the present? By taking away my new happiness?” Both of them slumped back down on the couch in silence with the Kwons comforting them.

 

“New happiness?” he briefly looked at TOP.

 

“She’s different from all the girls I messed around with,” a slight and forceful smile came across his face, “She give me this strange feeling. Whenever I’m with her, I feel very ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter