Chapter ten

Prince Oh and Heartthrob Kim in Love

The following day at school,Sehun exhausts his mind thinking of ways to talk to Jongin after the hurtful words he sent him . He swiftly cover himself behind the corner of the hallway when he heard Jongin's laughter a few feet away. His heart beats madly as Jongin's footstep and laughter echoes in his mind like thunder in a sunny day. He remembers to breath air and revive his life after his air bags scream for help. He couldn't find the guts to look at him or even approach him. He peeks on the wall he's hiding and sighs in frustration watching Jongin's figure fading away.

 

"Why are you hiding Sehunnie?"

 

Sehun's heart jumps out of his chest when out of nowhere Soohan whisper behind him.

 

"You scared the hell out of me!" he clutches his chest.

 

"You're hiding from Jongin?" Soohan smiles mischievously.

 

"N-no."

 

"Really?" Soohan cross his hands.

 

"Yeah. Why would I hide from him." he pretends to shrug to appear not guilty.

 

"Okay. Jongin!!!!!!" Soohan shouts at the direction where Jongin disappeared to.

 

Sehun covers Soohan's mouth with his hand and pulls her in the corner he's hiding.

 

"Oh my God! I can't believe you!" he nervously peeks again to check if Jongin heard Soohan.

 

Soohan forcefully swats his hand away, "he's not even there! You're freaking out because of Jongin?!"

 

Sehun stands helpless infront of the terminator Soohan. The last thing he wants to happen in his life,before he die, is to have his secret admiration for Jongin to get exposed. Soohan,who notice him breaking cold sweats, pities him and decides not to torture him further.

 

"it's ok. It's ok. You're safe with me." she rubs Sehun's back.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Nothing." Soohan blinks innocently and drags Sehun towards their classroom.

 

Jongin stops fooling around with their classmates when Soohan and Sehun enter the room and didn't stray his eyes off them..

 

"Jongin,goodmorning!" Soohan intertwines her fingers to Sehun's as they walk closer to him.

 

Sehun who's dying from embarrassment seeing Jongin, didn't noticed his own fingers encage in Soohan's. He looks around but to Jongin with his cheeks tinted with pink to red shades. Jongin's jaw clinches and dash towards them breaking their entangled fingers.

 

"Where do you think you're touching?" Jongin hisses to the flabbergasted Sehun.

 

"Jongin! don't be too possessive! Are you jealous that Sehun and I kissed and can hold hands?" Soohan tiptoed to level in Jongin's eyes, cocking her head.

 

"Huh?! for your information we already kissed- - -"

 

Sehun slaps his hand to Jongin before he could expose their scandalous secret.

 

"You kissed before?" Soohan whispers to Sehun and Jongin, enough for the three of them to hear alone.

 

Jongin nods his head while Sehun shakes his. Jongin mumbles something only to be trapped in Sehun's hand as a groan.

 

"It was an accident." Sehun answers almost soundless..

 

"Ow..Don't worry I won't tell." Soohan whispers back and giving Sehun a wink.

 

Sehun let go of Jongin pushing him lightly and sprinting towards his seat.

 

"He's so guilty!" he exclaims catching his breath.

 

"You're so insensitive! Aishh, you're always hindering our HunHan moments!" Soohan snorts.

 

"What's HunHan moment?"

 

"Hun as in Sehun and Han as in Soohan."

 

"You- - you like Sehun?" Jongin scoots even closer to Soohan.

 

"I wanted to keep our feelings a secret but you're tooooo simple-minded."

 

"You can't like him!" Jongin shrieks attracting others' attention.

 

"Why not?" Soohan asks in challenging tone.

 

"because- - uhm- - because- -i- -I like you." Jongin breathed.

 

"You like me?" Soohan blurts almost laughing. She threateningly leans closer to Jongin, "Prove it."

 

"What?" Jongin blinks.

 

"If you really like me,then prove it. Or else I'll live happily ever after with Sehun."

 

"Soohan- - I didn't know you're this crazy." Jongin shakes his head.

 

"You still like me though." Soohan acts cutely.

 

"Unfortunately."

 

"Wow. I wonder how much my head's worth for gaining the campus' two gorgeous princes attention." she laughs loudly, "Oh, I have to seat next to my Sehunnie or else he'll get jealous. Come on take your seat too." she drags Jongin and pinching Sehun's cheek as they plops on their respective seats.

 

"What are you two whispering about?" Sehun asks curiously.

 

"Someone's deeply in love with you?" Soohan beams.

 

"Huh?"

 

"It's not me or not any of the crazy girls here. You'll get shock!" Soohan shoots him a creepy smile.

 

Never did Sehun gave a care to anyone who likes or admire him,so he just dismissed what Soohan had said.

 

Jongin didn't waste his energy to retaliate when Soohan calls him to join them for lunch. Aside from the sound coming from Soohan's loud munching and slurping,they stayed quiet. Jongin debating whether to ask why Sehun texted him a Sorry. While Sehun suffocating from his uncontrollable infatuation to Jongin that gets worst each hour passing by.

 

The bell rings for the first class after lunch and Soohan excuses herself out as they walk back to their classroom. Sehun wonders why Soohan hasn't come back when the teacher enters the room.

 

Jongin didn't noticed Soohan's absence as he's too occupied scribbling Sehun and his name to make up a couple name similar to Hunhan. He crashes all the names he came up with feeling unsatisfied and frustrated because none of it sound as cute as HunHan.

 

Sehun gets worried about Soohan raising a hand in the middle of their teacher's discussion to go out and look for her. Jongin realizes that the two seat next to him are empty, he crawls on the floor towards the door while the teacher is busy writing on the board and gesturing his classmates to stay quiet.

 

"How dare them escape and date in the middle of class!" Jongin grumbles as he raves along the empty hallway.

 

Soohan struggles to open her heavy and sore eyes. She panics after realizing and hands are tied tightly with a cloth and stuck in a cubicle inside the washroom.  The last thing she remember is a hand covering with something wet and pass outHer eyes widen as large bold letters written on the door infront of her in a red stain that looks like blood.

 

"Stay away from Jongin and Sehun or you will die next time."

 

She starts kicking the door and scream at the top of her lungs despite the cloth choking her.She gives up struggling after her whole body loses strength and starts to sob. She shriek in horror when out of nowhere two large grey rats start dawdling closer to her.

 

Sehun runs first at the girls' comfort room to where Soohan went to before they separated. But a large note of 'Out Of Service' hangs on the door knob. He looks around the empty area and mentally list down the places where Soohan can possibly be. Jongin's steps slow down as he caught sight of two girls inserting a padlock on the washroom door. Danger ticks in his brain when he sees a familiar pink bag around one of the girl's shoulder.

 

"Hey!" he yells walking nearer to them.

 

The two girls flinch, their eyes and mouth wide agape  seeing Jongin. 

 

"Why do you have Soohan's bag?" he sneer at the girl who trembles at Jongin's tight grip.

 

Jongin sees the notice hanging on the door and glares at the two.

 

"Why are you locking this place? What's in there?!"

 

The two girls stand frozen, faces pale as a ghost.

 

"Nevermind,give me the key if you don't want me to use your heads to drill holes on the door!"

 

The other girl takes out a key on her pocket and hands it to Jongin with shaking hands, "We're just following orders. We didn't hurt her, I swear!"

 

Jongin harshly grabs the key and throw the girl away. He unlocks the door and slams it open.

 

"If you don't want me to hunt you down and strangle you,stay there! don't dare move!" he shouts at them.

 

Jongin burst open the doors at each cubicle calling out Soohan's name. At the last cubicle, a sweat drenched  Soohan mercilessly crouches on the cold floor infront of him.

 

"Soohan!" he hastily drops next to her and untie the cloth covering .

 

Soohan's long suppressed crying echoes in the room and Jongin embraces her trembling body.

 

"It's ok now. You're safe."

 

Sehun comes a bit late and found the two inside the confined cubicle, "What happen to her?"

 

Jongin pulls out from hugging Soohan and looks up at Sehun, "Some crazy es lock her in here! Bring her out of here and I'll take care of whoever did this!"

 

Jongin waits for Sehun to carry Soohan off the floor and walk out of the washroom where number of students crowding outside and buzzes loudly after seeing Soohan in Sehun's arms.. The two girls caught by Jongin stood still soaked in tears.

 

“Why did you do this to her!!!" Jongin shouts at the girls as soon as he step out the door.

 

"it's not- - just us- - everyone connives to do this to Soohan! Because she bewitched both of you!"

 

"Shut up!" Jongin screams making everyone jolts in surprise,"You're all crazy! If you dare touch her again I swear to kill any of you!"

 

Jongin shoots deadly glares to everyone around them and the crowd disperses as he walks through them. Sehun reluctantly follows Jongin with Soohan still in his arms.

 

"You wanna come?" Sehun asks Jongin after safely placing Soohan inside the car.

 

"No. Just make sure she'll be fine. " Jongin replies.

 

"Okay." Sehun briefly answer back and step inside the car next to Soohan. He gives Jongin a nod before closing the door.

 

Jongin watches the car leave before making his way back inside the building.

 

"Sehun-ah," Soohan grabs Sehun's hand, "I'm sorry."

 

"hey,it's not your fault," Sehun squeezes her hand back. "I am sorry you have to go through this because of us."

 

Soohan shakes his head, "that's not what I'm apologizing for."

 

"What?"

 

"I'm sorry for making you feel bad because of Jongin saving and protecting me."

 

"W- -what are you talking about Soohan?!" he stammers, "Why would I feel bad,you know I would do the same to you."

 

Soohan gives him an assuring smile, "Sehun, I know you like Jongin, more than a friend."

 

Sehun freezes. He wants to retort and protest but his tongue curls backward and jaw locked.

 

"Don't even deny it. Sehunnie. Don't worry I won't tell. Trust me."

 

Soohan rests her head to Sehun's shoulder and shut her eyes. Sehun complies and stayed quiet. He doesn't know whether to feel ashamed now that Soohan found out about his real feelings to Jongin or to feel relieve that Soohan understands him.

 

The next day, Soohan didn't attend school still recovering due to the shock she experienced from the bullying. Sehun reported the incident to the school administration and asked for everyone involved to be punished. Aside from brief glances and nods, Jongin and Sehun didn't talk to each other, both enveloped in awkwardness.