Chapter sixteen

Prince Oh and Heartthrob Kim in Love

HAPPY 21st (20th) BIRTHDAY to my forever baby KIM JONGIN~_~

 

Almost four years pass, Jongin and Sehun haven't heard anything from each other. Jongin,after finding out Sehun and Soohan's marriage,vowed bury all bitter-sweet memories between him and Sehun. Like he never existed in his life. He spent all his days,months and years studying. And exactly four years after the first day he stepped in the foreign country,he received his Bachelor Degree in Political Science,with flying colors.

Sehun agreed to marry Soohan to save her from marrying an old, bald businessman her relatives wants for her to retain her late father's position in the company. The marriage help him pay all of his father's remaining debts and importantly, his mother's health. Soohan became not only a wife to him but also a lifetime friend.

"Oh !" Soohan ducks behind a  table muttering apology to the couple sitting around it, "Ohmygod! it's Kim Jongin." 

She peek once more across the large dining area to where Jongin is located. She gasps when the girl Jongin's with his face., "And who's that girl?!" she hissed.
"Better not let my Hunnie see him." she glances once more at the two before crawling on the floor away.

"Soohan," Sehun looks down at her weirdly crawling out of the door, "What's wrong with you?"

Soohan quickly straighten her body up the ground and tries not to panic infront of Sehun, "Uhm Sehun-ah,let's go somewhere else,please."

"What?why? Didn't you want to dine here so badly?"

"Yeah but,uhm, remember my previous manager who terribly hates me for marrying in the middle of my fame and lost his job? he's in there!!!" she points her finger dramatically inside the area.

"So? You can't hide forever? I'm here,I can protect you." Sehun grabs her arm and pull her near the door.

Soohan squats on the floor, "NOOOOOOO! I'd rather die than go in there! Please Sehun let's just leave! please!!!!" she whines and cries like a child throwing a fit.

Sehun quickly yanks her up, "Are you crazy? You're so embarrassing! get up!"

"Not until you tell me we're getting out of here!"

"Fine! fine! I'm not going out with you ever again!" Sehun retreats to get away from the prying eyes of few people looking at them.

Soohan breathes in relief as soon as they reach their car, "That's so close."

"What are you murmuring there?" Sehun asks annoyed while igniting the engine, "If I knew you'll do this,I shouldn't have canceled my appointment with a new client. You're such a major brat Soohan."

"Yah! since when business is more important than your wife huh?!"

"Whatever! don't talk to me while I'm driving."

They stay quiet for awhile. Sehun focus his attention on the road while Soohan biting her nails thinking about Jongin and the girl he's with.

"Sehun,baby?"

"I told you don't call me that." Sehun abruptly cuts her off.

"Fine!Sehun ,can I ask you something?"

"You'll ask anyway even if I say no. Speak." says Sehun not taking his eyes off the road.

"What if- - -what if he comes back?" asks Soohan observing Sehun intently.

"Who?"

"The Mummy! duh?! stop pretending! you know who I'm talking about!" she rolls her eyes and huffs in annoyance.

"So what if he returns? Let's not talk and fight over it again and again,shall we?" Sehun answers coldly.

"I'm just worried." Soohan pouts and looks away.

Sehun glances at her briefly and choose not to say a single word. Until they reach their home,no one initiate to speak again. 

"Sehunnie?" Soohan calls as they enter the door.

"Yeah?" 

"Are you happy right now?"

Sehun sighs and steps closer to his wife grasping her hands, "You ask me that everyday. I am happy Soohan. I got you and can't ask for anything else. Stop worrying,okay?"

Soohan nods and smiles half-heartedly, "Okay."

"Go to sleep rightaway. I have to attend two meetings tomorrow,thanks to you!" Sehun ruffles her hair.

"I'll make up to you soon,don't worry. Sweet dreams Hunnie." Soohan leans forward and pecks on his cheek before turning away. As soon as she enters her own room,she slumps on her bed with her laptop.

"Kim- -Jong- -In," she types in on a specific website saved on her bookmarks. 
"It's weird why it's not posted that he'll be back in Korea. Aisssh! damn fangirls not updating this forum! Seems like I'll be the first to post his return. I wonder if that's Chany or a new girlfriend he's with? I should have looked on her face before we left."

>>Mrs.Oh says: Is Price Jongin still in California? Seems like I've seen him around Seoul tonight.

Soohan clicks on enter and waits for any reply from other members of Kim Jongin's Fanpage that existed way back highschool until now. And where Soohan signed up as a member just to monitor and be updated about Jongin's life every now and then. She pulls out her thumb off when the screen blinks.

>>Kamjongin says: Yah! I thought I was just hallucinating! So I was right! It was really our Black Prince?! Omo! Omo! Omo! He's really back after five long years! Kyaaaaaahhhhhh! but he's with Chany! *cries*cries*cries

"!" Soohan exclaims. "Damn Jongin why come back all of a sudden! Now I have to think of a new plan! I can't let him and my Hunnie meet just like that.

----
Soohan quickly covers the blanket all over her body when she heard the door clicks open.

"Soohan-ah?"

She hears Sehun call out and hums in response pretending to be in sleep. 

"I'll be back home late so don't wait for me. Call me if anything happens. Bye."

She hums again still lying under the thick blanket. She waits until Sehun's footstep fade and the door closes. She tosses her blanket off running towards the window peeking outside to check if Sehun's car left. She's fully dressed already and grab a pair of heels under the bed and her pouch before running out of her room.
---

Soohan roams her eyes inside the sophisticated couture house in Gangnam district. She found out Jongin's fiance, Chany, owns the said place and uses her connections to set an appointment with her wasting no time to execute her grand plan. 

"Goodmorning Miss, How am I serve you?" a lady approach her.

"I'm looking for Park Chany?," Soohan hands her a small card with the boutiques' owner signature.

"Oh, please follow me."

The lady guided her to a small room and when they enter,a tall, slender and strikingly gorgeous woman looking up towards her direction.

"Hi?" Chany stands up from her swivel chair and walks closer to her, "You must be Hanna, Yifan's cousin?" she extends her hand.

Soohan takes her hand and returns the warm smile on Chany's face, "Yeah. Thanks for granting my cousin's request to meet me."

"Much welcome. If Yifan didn't cheat on me, I wouldn't have met my fiance right now." Chany laughs showing a full set of white teeth,almost creepy contrast to her stunning face when her face's still.

"Ow, congratulations. Maybe I can tip you some advises to handle husbands, " Soohan wiggles her hand with their marriage ring, "I'm married."

"Oh,please do. My fiance's as cold as the deepest part of atlantic ocean,just keep it a secret between us though." Chany winks at her.

"I like you already. We can be girl friends you know." Soohan smiles sweetly.

"I like you too. You remind me of Yifan,a bit."

"I can't believe my mighty cousin let go of an awesome and beautiful girl like you Chany-ssi." Soohan partly telling the truth.

Chany's face curve downward, "Yeah. That stubborn buffalo. But as what I've said I don't regret breaking up with him."

"Yeah. It's Yifan's lost even though his my cousin."

"So, you want me to design your wedding anniversary gown?" Chany asks gesturing Soohan to take a sit.

"Yeah. My husband and I plans on having another wedding ceremony for our anniversary this year. He's just so sweet that's why I love him so much."

"Wow. That's so awesome. So sweet. How I wish my fiance is as romantic as your husband." Chany heaves a sigh.

"He won't proposed marrying you if he doesn't love you. Isn't that what matters?" Soohan tries to lift up the other girl's spirit.

"I'll tell you this because I seem to trust you enough."

Soohan's ears perk up and strive not to look so obvious, "Ofcourse you can trust me."

"Well,it's actually me who proposed to him from the very start of our relationship." Chany smiles shyly.

"Ow," she holds the other girl's hand and smile sympathetically.

"When his- - his- - ex lover left,he was so devastated and lost. I told him I can help him forget that person. I know it's a one-sided relationship from the beginning. Until now, I doubt it if he truly forgotten that person completely." Chany's face become dimmer and eyes glisten with tears which she quickly blinks away with a tiny laugh.

Soohan feels bad for her. And a part of her cursed Jongin for causing Chany the pain written all over her face.

"But that's okay, he didn't force me to do this anyway. And I promised not to leave him as long as he needs me in his life. He might look tough and rebellious outside but he is as weak as a little boy inside."

"I understand why you stick with him despite how he treats you but- - -I think you deserve better." This time Soohan means what she said.

Chany just shrugs her shoulder and smiles, "Maybe. I'm so sorry our supposed planning for your event's gown turns to a counseling session."

They both laugh and Soohan feels terribly guilty towards Chany who doesn't appear anything like how she imagines her to be, a hypocrite .

Soohan promised to visit Chany's place once again tomorrow to choose fabrics for her gown in their wedding anniversary, which is a fake. She shakes off her head while driving back home as guilt haunts her. She didn't want to hurt a good person in the process. She pities Chany but rather reminds herself not to be swayed away and to focus only on her plan. 
After what Chany had told her about Jongin and if her analysis plus gut-feeling is right,which haven't let her down once if her memory serves her best, Jongin is still in love with Sehun. Everything is working according to her plan.  She needs a few trial and error tests before she drops her last bomb and the finishing touch of her grand plan.

On their third day of meeting each other, Soohan thinks it's the best time to operate her first test. She consider herself lucky because Chany never inquires about her husband's name,which is Sehun, that Chany might mention to Jongin accidentaly and ruining her plan. She guessed, Jongin and Chany doesn't mind each other's line of careers. She purposely didn't ask anything about Jongin to avoid creating unattended slip of tongues, she just doesn't trust herself.

"Chany, I'd like to invite you and your fiance for a dinner at our home tonight. I talk alot about you with my husband and he wish to meet you and thank you personally for helping me with our wedding." Soohan lied because Sehun knows nothing about everything and if he finds out, Sehun will file a divorce without second thoughts.

Chany stops measuring her waist and glance up at Soohan, "Really?! Wow! Finally I'll get to meet the living Prince Charming personally."

"Make sure to bring your fiance or else I'll switch to the designer acroos your boutique." She teases.

Chany laughs, "Well,if you want rags and scraps for your wedding then fine with me."

"Hey,that's mean." She playfully hits Chany's arm.

"If I have to drug him to come with me, I'll do it. By the way, I love toasted turkey." Chany smiles.

"Sorry girl, we only eat frogs and cats."

"EW!!!" 
------
Soohan made Sehun swear in the name of God to cancel all his appointments, scheduled or surprised. She told him that her Chinese cousin, Yifan, ex-girlfriend who, she grow up with more than like a sister will be visiting them. It's half lie and half true. Chany is Yifan's ex-girlfriend,the true part,and the rest are all lies. She will deal with the consequences if she gets exposed. She purposely made Chany and Jongin come early before Sehun arrives.

She checks on the dining table perfectly set up. The door bell rings and her heart beats erratically. She informs their house servant to let the guests enter directly at the dining room while she hides somewhere else and waits for Sehun.

Jongin impatiently glances at his wrist watch after waiting for ten minutes infront of the dining table filled with all sort of dishes. Chany holds his hand and smiles.

"Sorry,let's wait a bit more okay. Something came up but the couple will be with us soon."

Jongin doesn't say anything and just sigh. He doesn't wanna frustrate Chany so he bears the inhospitable attitude of the couple who invited them in their own house in the first place.

Soohan sees Sehun's car enter the garage and she quickly sprints near him.

"Sehun!"

Sehun closes the car door calmly and glances on his watch, "I'm not late right? Just on time.

"Yeah. Just on time. Sehun," she gulps, "Stay calm and civil okay."

Sehun creases his forehead, "Why?"

"Just because. Come on,Let's go."

Soohan tugs his elbow to support herself from painting due to nervousness.

"You look like your about to pass out. Who's your guest? Grim the reaper?"  Sehun chuckles.

Soohan her impossible dry lips and force a smile onto Sehun, " The heartbreaker."

END.