Chapter eight

Prince Oh and Heartthrob Kim in Love

 

The rest of the day,Sehun tries to take Jongin off his mind but he couldn't focus on anything while his heart throbs involuntarily. It shatters something inside him and making his lungs deflate whenever he recalls Jongin accusing him of never treating him as a friend but an annoying neighbor and clingy classmate.

"Sehunnie?"

During grade school,when teachers ask Jongin who's his bestfriend,he abruptly shouts Sehun's name. Whenever they write essay about friends,Jongin utilize the whole paper full of memories with Sehun. But when people asks Sehun who is Jongin in his life,he automatically answers --my neighbor,without hesitation.

"Sehun?" Soohan calls out again.

"Huh?" he forgot Soohan is with him inside the car.

"You're thinking too deep I've called your name twice. Is it Jongin that's bothering you?" Soohan asks full of curiosity and concern.

"No."

Yes. His mind shouts. 

"Anyways,I'm sorry our reunion after long years have to start this way. I haven't asked you yet where have you been all these years,after we moved away?"

"We went back to China too a month after your family left. Well,we were just five that time,how on earth would we know what emails or calls means. But I always think about you especially when I scan back my old diary full of drawings we made,candy wrappers we posted and photos of us together." Soohan reminisce with delight in the way she speak that Sehun can't help not to smile back.

"I remember you too."

"Sometimes?" Soohan adds quickly.

"Uhm- - -well, like you said,we were just five, I can barely remember things about my life at that age. But I cried a lot when I realize that we won't be coming back at our old house ever after my mom tricked me for a fake picnic."

"And that's how Jongin came to your life?right?"

Sehun's face fell after hearing Jongin's name again, "Yeah. He's so annoying. He destroys every toys I have. We were enrolled at the same preschool and until now." a smile sprouts in his face.

"Woah. You almost spend your entire life together. No wonder you two look devastated when you throw hurtful words at each other awhile ago."

Sehun's about to retort but he choose not to and shuts his mouth instead. He feels extremely guilty always denying what Jongin truly means in his life. He haven't seen the older again after what happened at the rooftop till the class ends. They arrive at home and found his mother already done preparing their dinner with Soohan.

"Xiao Lu!  Look at you! Oh my god,you've grown up to a very beautiful girl." 

"Thanks auntie.Uhm- - you can just call me Soohan auntie,it's weird being called at my Chinese name when I'm here in Korea." 

"Soohan? Any name suits you well. Anyway,come on let's not make the food wait longer."

The three of them eats together. Sehun's mother and Soohan chats about her life in China,about her mother passing away, her father's business. Sehun catches up few of their conversation when he snaps out of his trance thinking about Jongin. When Soohan announces she'll be leaving,Sehun walks him out the gate towards the car waiting for her outside.

"See you tomorrow at school." says Sehun as he opens the car door for Soohan.

They both turn their head towards the creaking of metal gates adjacent to Sehun's. And Jongin dressed in plain shirt and jeans,wearing a cap, and dragging a pedal bike appears infront of them.

"Jongin!" Soohan shouts waving her hands to him.

"Oh, Hi!," Jongin replies not expecting to see them. He tear his glance off Sehun to Soohan, "Going home?"

"Yes. Wow! you look different not wearing uniform or suit and just dressed simply. You look cute!"

Jongin's cheeks lightly blushed and Sehun's brow raises unawarely. Because Jongin doesn't get flushed or smitten at compliments. He's too proud to admit he looks ultra-gorgeous he doesn't need other people to tell him. 

"Thanks."

"Are you going out? Isn't it a bit late?" Soohan asks.

Sehun wanted to ask Jongin the same but thankfully Soohan did it for him.

"Gotta catch some fresh air for awhile,it's boring inside our house." Jongin replies,all teeth beaming and twinkling eyes to Soohan.

Why don't you stay in my room instead?, Sehun asks mutely. 

"Anyways I've got to go. See you both tomorrow at school. Bye Sehunnie. Bye Jongin!" Soohan cheerfully bids farewell before entering the car.

Sehun's heart sinks as Jongin didn't spare him even a quick glance and ride his bike tailing Soohan's car. He watches  him disappear from his sight and stays for long outside unsure what he's waiting for.

After absentmindedly reading his book ,he sits on his bed leaning against the headboard staring at his window. He visions Jongin's outstretch limbs sneaking to his room through the window. And his funny face smiling at him innocently just to let him stay for the night. Jongin has never been this mad and ignore him completely before. 

I miss him, he thought.

"I miss you." he whispers.

The following day at school, Sehun secretly watches Jongin at the corner of his eyes. The older, tangled with his teammates, laughing out loud like there's no tomorrow. Sehun's head hangs low and lower until he's kissing his desk. He feels sick hearing Jongin laugh like he doesn't care they're not in good term. He stupidly and shamelessly hope that Jongin will notice him slumped on his desk and ask if he is feeling well.

"Yah,are you okay?"

Sehun jerks his head in surprise but to his dismay,it's not Jongin standing infront of him but Suho. He didn't smile but shakes his head instead as a response to the older boy.

"Are you sick?!"

Some of the girls in their classroom turns to their direction after hearing that their Prince is sick. Sehun notices everyone's eyes staring at him now,including Jongin.

"Yeah," he fakes a cough, "I feel terribly sick hyung."

Suho reaches for his forehead, "You're so cold,are you feeling hot inside?"

He thinks for a second before nodding his head and pretends to shiver,clutching his coat tighter and resting his head back to his desk. 

"You should go to the clinic Sehun." 

"I'm fine hyung. I can still make it." he adds groggy effect on his voice for his award winning acting.

"Sehun,what's wrong with you? You're sick?" Soohan arrives and approaches him quickly touching his forehead and neck, "Oh, your temperature's fine,though."

"He got fever inside." Suho explains to her.

"I'm fine,don't worry. It's not like I can't move a muscle or what. Just a bit weak and dizzy." Sehun lied.

 

Somehow he regrets the acting he put himself through. Because Jongin didn't even say a word of concern to him as they sit next to each other. And worst is he needs to keep pretending being sick and all. At lunch time,he had to intake the medicine Soohan took for him from the clinic which he spits out at the washroom. And he wonders how to keep his 'feeling weak' acting now that they're having class basketball competition. Their teacher informs him that he can skip the game but he won't let that happen,he can't afford to lose even a single point just because of his fake illness. Their female classmates weep to see him limping and breathing hard as he walks in the court,ofcourse all part of his act.

"Jongin,look after Sehun. His body's too weak he might pass out." Soohan prompts Jongin before he enters the court.

Jongin glances at Sehun briefly and smiles at Soohan with a nod. They're on the same team now and Jongin divides his attention to the game and to Sehun,well more towards Sehun. Everytime the ball bounce to Sehun's side, Jongin runs quickly towards him and nudge Sehun to pass the ball to him so he doesn't need to run across the court or push and pull against his opponent. Jongin leaps faster than a ninja catching the ball whenever it flies to Sehun's direction and doing all the work. Sehun didn't do much in the game other than standing,jog and run a bit because Jongin didn't let him go beyond holding the ball in just three seconds. Few days ago,a blazing desire burns inside Sehun to get the MVP title but he smiles to himself hearing Jongin's name declared as the MVP.

 

Sehun sighs in relief his day of pretension ends as he change back to his uniform inside the boys' locker room. Jongin enters a little later and Sehun,again, fakes a cough thrice too loud that it's impossible to be unnoticed. He takes time to button up his white shirt waiting for Jongin to get to his own locker next to his. Sehun trembles when Jongin stands beside him and taking out his uniform. He heard the older boy groan as he starts to walk towards the shower,limping. He's barefooted and Sehun's eyes grow wide seeing Jongin's feet swollen and redden toes. 
He's too engross enjoying how Jongin protected him during the game he didn't take notice the times Jongin trips,stumbles and sprains in the court. Jongin disappears to the shower room before he can catch up with him to apologise,talk,or thank him. He chickened out again  and left the room frustrated to himself. 

"Sehunnie," Soohan calls out.

"Are you waiting for me?" he asks half-heartedly.

"Yeah. Go home straight and take alot of rest." Soohan pats his head.

"Thanks. Aren't you going home too?"

Soohan reluctantly smiles, "J- -Jongin invites me to eat outside. I want you to come with us but you need to rest."

Sehun grimace, "but he's hurt."

"What?"

"He can't walk properly after straining himself too much during the game. It's him who need rest more than me. Why don't you come to our house instead and tell him to postpone your date."

"It's not a date Sehunnie,we are just- - -"

"Are you trying to hinder us going out together?" Jongin speaks behind them.

Sehun jolts in surprise. Jongin's eyes boring holes to his face.

"Jongin,you're hurt?" Soohan asks worriedly.

"It's nothing. I can still walk and take you outside. Go home Sehun and mind your own business." Jongin his head and glares at him.

Anger starts to boil inside Sehun. He chuckles and intentionally steps on Jongin's left foot as he walk past him. The older yelps in pain.

"Sorry." he snarls narrowing his eyes to Jongin, "Anyways, see you tomorrow Soohan. You take extra careful. Don't go near places where no one can see you or don't stay out of the crowd."

He hasten his footsteps away from the two with his fists balled and heard Jongin cursed before he completely flee away. Later that night,he lay on his bed fuming and run out of curses for Jongin. His fury eventually subsides after getting tired of mentally beating up Jongin and out of the blue, guilt swallow him completely. 

From the start it's his fault he mistreated Jongin who have done nothing but to protect and be good to him. Guilt-ridden and driven by his emotion,he burst out of his room and run down the stairs. He press the doorbell on Jongin's gate carrying a first aid kit. When the housemaid let him enter,he sprints to Jongin's room not bothering to knock and found him lying on his stomach on the bed. His gaze runs along Jongin's swelling feet. He sits beside the older's sore feet and heard him grunts. Sehun takes out a bottle of ointment and inhales deeply before carefully holding Jongin's left foot.

"Get out." Jongin murmurs eyes still closed.

"You're hurt,you can't just neglect your feet."

Jongin bolts in surprise and jumps out from lying down. He looks at Sehun wide eyes.

"What are you doing here?!"

"To read you bedtime stories! Duh! to treat your wounds idiot!" 

"No thanks,I don't need your help. You can leave now."

Sehun is about to fire back but he controls his temper down and reminds himself how he mistreated the older and quarreling won't dissipate the guilt eating him completely.

"I'm sorry,Okay." he whispers.

Jongin stares at him like he had gone mad or possessed by a kind spirit.

"Are you in delirium because of fever?" Jongin checks him in disbelief.

"I'm not. I admit it's my fault I've never treated you nicely,okay. Just let me treat your bruises,aren't you scared it might get worst or infected." he grabs Jongin's foot again.

"Aw! If you're gonna treat me,do it nicely!"

"Sorry, Stay still then." he put an amount of the ointment in his finger and spread it to Jongin's foot.

"You're being too nice treating a neighboor." says Jongin without looking at him.

"And a classmate." Sehun adds. He wants to punch himself why he keeps on blurting nonsense words opposite to what he really wants to say.

They remain silent all through out the time until Sehun done treating Jongin's feet.

"Take a rest now and don't forget to apply this ointment and wrap your feet in bandage before you wear your shoes tomorrow,"

"Thanks." Jongin replies pulling his blanket up to his body.

"Welcome. Uhm- - -see you at school tomorrow." says Sehun stepping out of the bed and hesitantly glancing at Jongin.

"Is your fever gone?" Jongin asks shyly.

"I think so," Sehun reaches for his forehead.

"Don't get sick anymore,you look pitiful. See you at school then. Bye." 

"Uhm- - -I will. Don't hurt yourself anymore too. Goodnight,bye." Sehun exclaims as he steps closer to the door.

"Goodnight." Jongin replies.

Sehun gives Jongin a smile before reaching out for the door knob and shutting the door. He clutch his pounding chest and quickly walk down the stairs out of the house. The smile on his face didn't fade away even after drifting off to sleep.

 

P.S

Can someone with a wonderful heart help me write a for this?~_~ I can't no matter how I try to>;

xoxo~_~