Chapter seven

Prince Oh and Heartthrob Kim in Love

Why do smart people turns stupid when they fall in love? And how dumb people can get even worst not to realize the one  they truly love?

 

Laboratory class is an exhausting one for Sehun. Not just about the activities too boring for him but also because everyone in their class bombards him with questions all the time. He controls himself not to throw the corrosive chemicals to his annoying classmates. But what makes his blood boils to its absolute level is stupid Jongin who did nothing the entire class but flirt with his lab partner. 

"Don't worry Jongin-ah I'll do your lab report. I know how busy you are practicing soccer." she smiles too much almost making rip off.

"Oh! thanks so much my princess!", Jongin cups the girl's face, "And can you do my reaction paper in Literature too?"

"YES!" 

Sehun snorts in disgust. He wonders if all the girls in their school are bunch of airheads that they didn't notice Jongin only uses them or maybe they didn't care at all just as long as they get to be kissed and tagged as girlfriend of 'the almighty,Jongin'.

The bell rings ending the first period and Sehun takes off his lab gown throwing it to the table knowing few of their female classmates,which Jongin failed to allure, will be too happy to tidy up everything Sehun's god-like hand touched.

"Sehun-ah! wait for me!"

Sehun hasten his steps after hearing Jongin behind him. He hates it that Jongin didn't copy his answers like he always do and asked his lab partner instead. But then he recalls  how he torture  Jongin before the other could extract a single answer from him and why is he complaining now?

"Yah! did you turn deaf?!" Jongin clutch his neck by his arm.

"What do you want! I don't wanna see you! I don't wanna smell you! I don't want you to breath same air with me!"

Some students on the hallway with them exaggeratedly gasps for air hearing Sehun's rant.

"Have you gone crazy? You sound like a jealous girlfriend. Ew." Jongin snorts.

Sehun eases after embarrassment washout his annoyance, "What do you want?" he asks calmly.

"You're as unpredictable as the weather. Anyway, Soohan texted me saying she will be attending here one of this day."

"Soohan who?" Sehun pretends he doesn't remember but how could he forget that name.

"The girl I told you I met the other day."

"Ah,the girl that seems like you have known for so long despite meeting her for once?"

"Yeah!" Jongin's beams widely, "So refreshing to have a new face around here! I'm starting to get bored with the girls in this school."

Jongin didn't care if the girls tailing and eavesdropping their conversation heard him. Nor did he  care at the mass grieving happening infront of him.

"So you like her?" Sehun asks pretending he's not interested at all.

"Well,she's extremely cute and different from all the girls I've known my entire life.That's possible."

"I hope when she comes,your obsessive narcissistic disease will stop spreading  in this school and I wish you'll stop bothering me anymore since you found a new soulmate." Sehun speaks so seriously.

Jongin remains quiet for a while before answering,"hmmn. Maybe you're right. I should stop clinging into you too much. Everyone's suspicion about us being gay lovers are getting out of hand lately," he laughs.

Sehun hides his astonishment well,not expecting Jongin's words, "Yeah, you stick to me too much. It's too bothersome." he bit his light and curse inside because the words that he didn't mean to utter keep coming out.

Jongin tuck his hands on his pocket and smirks, "I know."

They stare each other. Sehun can't comprehend how they end up in that awkward moment and strange conversation that suppose to be a joke like they always take it. Somehow he regrets the words that came out from his mouth. There's something in Jongin's eyes that he never saw before stabbing his chest.

"See you around,sorry but that can't be avoided unless one of us drops out from here."

And Jongin spin his heels and walk away from Sehun who's stuck on the spot his standing.

"are they fighting?"

"Is this the end of their friendship?"

"Oh No! what will happen to  our Black and White Prince couple?"

The gossips and murmurs too loud it awakens Sehun back to his senses. Jongin long disappeared from his sight and sighs deeply before walking away. Jongin is already on his seat when Sehun arrives in their classroom. Jongin gives Sehun a brief glance as the younger slumps on his seat next to him and continued chatting with their classmates.Sehun is itching to apologise to Jongin for his harshness earlier but in the end,he didn't.

Break time came and Sehun watches Jongin at the corner of his eyes as the older mingled with his teammates and walks out of the room. He goes to the rooftop like always,somehow hoping Jongin will come after and tells himself to apologize. But until the bell rings for the next class,Jongin didn't show.

Did Jongin really had too much of his obnoxious attitude and can't endure him anymore?

The thought throbs in his mind as he walks on the hallway back to their classroom.

"Sehunnie!!!!!"

A loud and sharp female voice explodes in the hallway shouting Sehun's name. The students,especially the girls, shoots dagger at the girl where the deafening sound came from.
Sehun stares at the girl disinterested. But his eyes starts to grow wider as the girl runs towards him with widely spread arms. His feet slowly take steps backward but the girl plunges into him . 

"Who are you!" he lightly pushes her away from him because no girl did ever dare to touch even a strand of his hair before.

"It's me! It's me LuLu,remember?!" she shake Sehun's arms.

"Xi- - Xiao Lu?" Sehun exclaims in disbelief because there's only one in this world he recalls having that name. His eyes run along her from head to toe.

"yes it's me Sehunnie! Xiao Lu! your first girlfriend! your first kiss!" she blurts followed by her laughter.

The female students and some of the males squeals in terror at the girl's revelation. She confusely glances in surprise at the students' reaction around them.

"Hey! Take your hands off Sehun."

All eyes turn to Jongin. Sehun automatically draw off his childhood sweetheart's arms around his neck as Jongin stands infront of him. The girl turns her back and faces Jongin only making the latter drop his jaw in shock.

"Soohan?!"

"Jongin?!"

"Sehun you know her?" Jongin asks.

"She's Soohan?" Sehun asks.

"You two know each other?" she asks but earn no response from the two, "Uhm- - yeah I'm Soohan,my Korean name and Xiao Lu,is my Chinese name."

They remain frozen infront of each other exchanging bewildered glances surrounded by the crowd of equally horrified students.

It's Soohan who first breaks their silence, "I knew Sehunnie attends in this school after her mother told me but I didn't know you two are close that's why I didn't tell  Jongin when I texted you. Wow! this is so amazing! Me,My childhood boyfriend and my newly found bestfriend together in this school!!!" she grab both Sehun and Jongin's hands.

The staring battle between the two boys continued.

"Sehun's your boyfriend?" Jongin asks not taking off his eyes to the other.

Sehun flinches at Jongin's question and is about to explain himself but Xiao Lu cuts in.

"Yes he is. He promised when we were five to marry me when we grow older. You remember Sehunnie right?"

Sehun shift his eyes to Jongin and to Xiao Lu.Then he thought,they publicized their conversation too much and there's really no need to expanse it further, "let's continue this conversation later,class already resumed."

"Oh, I forgot I need to go to the principal's office. Jongin,you promised to assist me at my first day." Soohan squeezes Jongin's hand.

"Uh -  -Uhm,yeah ofcourse I'll accompany you."

"Sehunnie, wait just a little bit for me okay? I know we have a lot of things to catch up with but don't worry we have all the time."

"O- -okay." Sehun whispers.

"Alright! Let's go Soohan-ah, I'll tour you around the campus at lunch time!" Jongin pulls her hand making her break her grip on Sehun's hand.

"See you soon Sehunnie! Bye!" Xiao Lu waves her hand to Sehun.

"Bye."

Sehun and Jongin briefly glance at each other,Jongin bumps his shoulder against the younger as they walk past him. Sehun can only stare at the two's disappearing figure and hands still clasp into each other's.


--
The unnamed tension floating around the two lingers even after their homeroom teacher announces the new transfer student to the class,which is Soohan,and increases even more when she gets to seat next to Sehun.

Sehun lends his textbook to Soohan noticing that she got no materials with her.

"Thank you Sehunnie." Soohan whispers pinching Sehun's cheek.

The annoying sound of Jongin's pen tapping on his desk didn't stop even after their teacher chides him twice. Their teacher sighs in frustration and drops the book his holding on the table loudly glaring at Jongin.

"Are you really challenging my patience Mr. Kim?"

Jongin just shrugs and speeds up tapping his pen. Sehun grabs his hand.

"Stop it Jongin." he whispers.

Jongin shakes off Sehun's hand from him harshly but Sehun grabs it back tighly.

"Let go or I'll punch you." Jongin warns eyes narrowing in anger.

"What's your problem? Stop being stubborn!" Sehun's voice slightly raises.

"Sehun?Jongin?" Soohan calls worriedly after the two starts raising their voices to each other.

"I thought you said I won't bother you anymore and I assume it also implies you not bothering me!"

"Well you're bothering the whole class. There are alot of us here sincerely wants to learn. Just leave if you will only cause trouble."

"Damn you." Jongin blurts in hushed tone eyes wavering still glued at Sehun's.

Sehun is taken aback at Jongin's cursing. The older never cursed him seriously before like he really mean it. He loosen his grip on the other's hand. Jongin abruptly stands up and walks toward the door.

"Get back to your seat!" their teacher shouts but Jongin didn't stop, "KIM JONGIN!" his name resonates in the entire building.

"Sehun,are you two fighting?" Soohan asks anxiously.

Sehun offers him a tiny smile instead but didn't say a word. He focused his attention on their lesson the entire time despite the glances and murmurs around him. At lunch time,the breaking news of the campus' Princes conflict spreads all over. 

"I'm sorry if you have to witness us fighting at your first day here." Sehun says to Soohan as they gather their things.

"It's okay. I just hope you two resolve your disagreement soon. I wonder where Jongin is right now."

Sehun wonders too. He can't believe their simple misunderstanding leads to this extent. He doesn't know what to think anymore since they never been to this kind of serious fight before.

"Soohan."

Sehun freezes to hear Jongin's voice behind him.

"Oh,Jongin." Soohan is also surprised at his sudden appearance.

"I told you I'll tour you around this time. Still wanna come with me?" Jongin stands beside the door with his arms folded infront of his chest.

Soohan glances at Sehun,"A-are you okay? I mean did the teacher- - -"

"Yeah, I'm on detention again. But that's nothing to be surprise about,it happens to me once in a week. Come on,we only have one hour."

Sehun remains on his spot,his back facing Jongin. His heartbeats exploding against his eardrums. 

"Sehun." Soohan whispers.

"Go ahead, I'll be fine." he assures Soohan.

"Alright. But don't forget we'll go home together later okay? Your mom invited me to eat dinner at your house."

Sehun nods his head and waits until the two disappears.He inhales deeply as soon as the door closes behind him. His chest clinches and decides that he hates Kim Jongin.

"Hey, are you gonna let the day pass without you two reconciling?" Soohan asks Jongin as they walk on the hallway.

"You wanna see the library first or cafeteria? Are you hungry?" Jongin ignores her question like he didn't hear at all.

"I'm not hungry. Jongin,don't change the topic. I know I don't have the right to meddle with you two but- - -"

"Who's fault it is?" Jongin cuts in.

"huh?"

"You think it is my fault or Sehun?"

"I don't know. Who knows what's up with your brains. Does it matter if who's at fault? Isn't your friendship more important?"

Jongin didn't answer instead he grabs Soohan's hand and drag her, "I'll show you what's more important for Sehun."

Sehun is staring at the space with his lunch box half opened,untouched. He jolts when the door at the rooftop he's in burst open. Jongin comes with Soohan behind him.

"Sehun?!" Soohan exclaims in surprise.

Sehun blinks several times. Jongin stands on the rail,his back facing him. Soohan slumps beside him on the bare ground.

"Why are you here?"

Sehun glances at Jongin first, "I stay here during breaks and lunch. Have you taken your lunch?"

Soohan shakes her head. Sehun placed his lunch box infront of her.

"I haven't touched it. I'm not hungry so you can have it."

"Sehun,I'm sorry."

Sehun stiffens when Jongin speaks suddenly. He looks at him who is glaring back intensely.

"Aren't you gonna say that you're sorry too?" Jongin adds raising a brow.

Sehun scoffs and shaking his head, "Idiot." he whispers.

"Soohan, I told you I'll show you what's more important to Sehun than friendship right? Well, isn't the answer too clear now?"

Soohan and Sehun stares at Jongin,baffled.

"Because Sehun never saw me as a friend from the start. Just some annoying neighbor and clingy classmate he can't get rid off. I lied when I told you I have a super bestfriend. I never had one."

Silence.

"Anyways, feel free to come to me if you need anything. I have to find my real friends." Jongin tells Soohan, "See you around. Bye." he waves at her and storm out of the rooftop.

Sehun chuckles and grits his teeth. Soohan didn't say a word and rather eat Sehun's food quitely.

I hate you so much!

 

 

..Million Thanks for the upvotes and support guys~_~ Saranghaeyo!

xoxo~_~