Chapter thirteen

Prince Oh and Heartthrob Kim in Love

 

 

They didn't plan it or talk about it but both knew their relationship must remain unknown from others' knowledge. Though words are unspoken,Sehun is certain he can trust Jongin. And Jongin will do everything to keep Sehun in his life forever.

"Something's different between the two of you." Soohan tells Sehun while researching at the library.

"Huh?" Sehun pretends not to understand but he clearly know what she means.For past days,Soohan has been eyeing their every moves.

"You don't argue often anymore. Well,when you fight it ends with cute poutings and whispering with giggling. That is soooo not the old Sehun and Jongin I knew. Are you two dating?" Soohan give him a suspicious glares.

"M-me? J-jongin? D-dating? N-no." Sehun stutters, "E-ew."

"Your Ew is so emotionless. Come on Sehunnie! please tell me!! Didn't I tell you that your secret's safe with me?! I mean I already know you both cluelessyly and stupidly love each other but I want to know if you finally realized your feelings! I'm dying to know pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!" Soohan whines shaking Sehun's arm.

But Sehun swear not to tell anyone even if it's God, "You're mistaken Soohan. We're just friends."

"So showbiz!" Soohan rolls her eyes and push Sehun away. "Fine I'll just extract the truth from Jongin. If I have to seduce him just to make him admit you two are dating, then goodbye to my innocence."

Soohan dash out like a tornado from Sehun before he can stop her. He panics because Soohan will probably tell Jongin he likes her and Jongin will just mindlessly boast everything they did intimately and bam! Soohan runs the world. Sehun bolts on his seat and press his speed dial.

"Hel- - -"

"Where are you now?!" Sehun abruptly cuts off Jongin as soon as he answered his phone.

"Uhm- -Hi to you too."

"Hurry tell me where the hell are you now! this is urgent!" he shouts getting annoyed at Jongin.

"Why are you panting like crazy?! Ohmygod Sehun! what are you doing?! Control yourself! I can't do it n- - - "

"Shut up! I'm running like a mad bull looking for you! Listen, Soohan's on her way to deep-fry you alive! Whatever she says don't fall on her trap! She- - -"

"Oh,Soohan! Hi!"

Tot.tot.tot.tot.

"Jongin!" Sehun stares at his phone. He tries calling again but he doesn't answer anymore. He curses loud and think of stuff he can bribe Soohan to shut up.

He goes back to their classroom and found Soohan with a long face and Jongin tearing the pages of his notebook, crumpling them to a ball for only God knows why.

"You called him didn't you?" Soohan tells Sehun the moment he sits between them.

"No." he lies.

"You don't trust me,it hurts." Soohan whispers with her eyes tearing and drops her head on the arm desk.

Guilt hits Sehun  for making Soohan somber. Something round and tough strikes against  his cheek and glance over to his left to meet the evildoer. Another ball of paper thrown on his nose from Jongin.

"Why'd you make her cry?" Jongin accuses,snorting.

"You want me to tell her?" Sehun whispers.

"She's just an annoying mischievous trouble maker but I don't think she will do harmful things to us."

Sehun sighs and looks back at Soohan sadly. A couple of crumpled papers hit him again.

"Don't look at her that way! You might fall in love!' Jongin glares.

Sehun grabs his backpack and throw it on Jongin's face.

"REALLY?!!!!!!!" Soohan screams after Sehun confessed their relationship to her.

Sehun is thankful they are on the rooftop three floors above the ground away for anyone to see and hear Soohan's overacting.

"Just don't tell okay. Sehun is a very modest, old-fashion young lady." says Jongin earning a punch on the shoulder from Sehun.

"I have to see it to believe it," Soohan cross her arms, "Now kiss. I mean deep kiss not just smack on lips. I don't mind if you do some touchings."

Sehun's face turns paler, "Soohan,you're not just crazy! you're a ert too! I can't believe to hear such words from a tiny angelic looking girl like you!"

"Eyy! Innocent types are so outdated.  Daring type is the trend nowadays." Soohan laughs.

"that's not true!" Jongin yells, "Boys still prefer innocent looking yet aggressive on the inside girls." says Jongin Sehun's face.

"Getaway from me! you're both mad and outrageous!"

"Sehunnie,I can get you a book about luscious kissing or best positions in bed, for your future reference." Soohan blurts carelessly.

"No thanks Soohan,I can teach him personaly." Jongin abruptly answers.

"Don't ever talk to me, both of you." Sehun retorts picking himself from the ground up and storm away.

"Baby, I'm just kidding! Come back here!"

''Baby?! bwahahahahhahhahahha!"

Sehun wants to cry from embarrassment and regrets the moment his life crossed over Jongin and Soohan's.

Soohan,since then, has been Jongin and Sehun's not-so-entirely-helpful confidant. She would still tease Sehun until the latter wish for his own death from embarrassment and making it even worst when Jongin teams up with her. 
Jongin is no exception from her evilness as she always make him jealous and stir up his temper by stealing kisses to Sehun or declaring that she will not get marry if it's not Sehun. And Sehun have to reassure Jongin endless times that he's not cheating on him with Soohan.

Jongin kept his promise of building their relationship perfectly. He never pry his eyes to anyone else than Sehun. He even do public execution of love letters from his admirers,tearing them into pieces infront of everyone.  Forced to listen and jot down every word their teachers had discussed and recite them again to Sehun at home. Because if not, he would suffer living a day of his life without make out session with his vice,Sehun.

Sehun pities himself for,unfortunately,having the world's two worst bestfriends. He feels like nursing two immature kids. Soohan's craziness gotten worst as days pass, to the extent of asking everyone to sign on her petition to allow same marriage in Korea and pass it to Seoul's Mayor,which is Jongin's father. 
He lost count of times Jongin made his life a hell. He almost gave up but whenever he sees the other boy's determination to mend his mistakes and flaws, he can't help not to hold onto Jongin's hands assuring him to never leave his side. 
Sehun wants them to be together until college so he encourages Jongin to improve his grades. The encouragement turns to enforcement when they both panic at the last two months left before highschool ends.

"I'll never make it Sehun. Yes,I can graduate but to be accepted in Stanford? Miracle is all I need Sehun!" Jongin cries out droping on Sehun's bed.

"You're doing great so far,Jongin. Don't lose hope.." Sehun soothes the older's back.

"Easy for you to say because you're a genius and they already accepted you. Now I have nowhere to go. I really really want to study there with you." Jongin sniffs.

"I could have given up helping you if I saw that you're not gonna make it. You have high potentials Jongin. I believe in you. We can make it together. You and I,okay?"

Jongin glances up at Sehun with his puffy eyes, "Okay."

"Good. Now let's go back studying. Come on." Sehun pulls Jongin out of the bed to the study table filled with all sorts of books and test materials.

"Okay,open up." says Sehun holding a huge chili pepper.

Jongin's eyes starts to glisten with tears again, "That's the second one in two hours Sehun. I think I'll die first before I make it to the stage."

"Aren't you tired complaining? You know no matter what you say,you'll still end up chewing hot peppers for every wrong answers you make." Sehun shoves the pepper to Jongin's mouth.

Jongin's face automatically turns red as blood and trembles.

"You're a masochist type. You won't get motivated if you don't feel pain." Sehun clicks his tongue.

Soohan decides to stay in Korea and audition for SM entertainment after graduation than study with them abroad. She can't left her father all alone and doesn't want to be a third wheel to Sehun and Jongin anymore.
 A month before graduation, Jongin receives a letter from Stanford University congratulating him for being qualified at their school of Social Science. He painted on the spot and rushed to the hospital by his freaked out mother. 
Sehun already got tears in his eyes the moment he burst into the room where Jongin is confined. He rush out from school when he got a call that Jongin was hospitalized. He only got his senses back from panicking after seeing Jongin eating a gallon of ice cream.

"Sehun!!!!" Jongin shouts throwing the ice cream away and jumping out of the bed to Sehun's arms.

"Jongin what happen to you!" Sehun asks hugging Jongin back.

"Sehun I made it! Stanford accepted my application! I'm coming to Stanford with you!"

"Really?!"

"Hell Yeah!!!"

They pull each other again to a tight hug while crying loud nonstop.

Their graduation day finally came. Sehun walks toward his window after finishing himself up in the mirror. Jongin peeks out from his window with a messy hair and tangled necktie.

"I'm not doing this anymore! I hate this tie! I don't wanna graduate anymore!" Jongin shrieks throwing and stomping the tie on the floor.

"You're hopeless! get over here and I'll fix you!' Sehun hisses.

Jongin picks up the tie poorly lying on the floor and climbs on his window frame. Sehun hold the older's hands and legs as he cross over Sehun's room.

"What will happen to you without me." Sehun shakes his head as he button up Jongin's shirt and doing his necktie. He grabs his comb and arranges Jongin's thick locks upwards.

"I'll be lost." Jongin answers catching Sehun's lips into a kiss.

At Sehun's valedictorian speech,he extend his gratitude towards the school,his teachers,classmates,juniors,friends,his mother and father,and a special mention to Jongin,whom he describes as his life savior. Their fangirls who manage to sneak inside the ceremony screams wrecking the confine area. Soohan glares at him returning to his seat  after his speech.

"Why didn't you mention my name?" Soohan complains.

"He threatens me to break up with me if I didn't specially mention his name,sorry." 

"It's okay. That's so romantic by the way!!!  My feels!" Soohan cringes and giggles.

A loud shushing sound echoes inside the hall while the school principal is giving his speech which comes from Jongin with blazing eyes darted towards Sehun and Soohan. 
The day of their departure to California comes. Soohan cries nonstop since she arrives at Sehun's house the morning before they drive to the airport until Sehun and Jongin checks in.

"Soohan,we're studying in California and not disappearing to outer space." Jongin hushes her wailing.

"I'm gonna miss you both. Promise me to get back here at my first concert okay?!"

"Yeah.Sure! If you fail the audition,forget your crazy illusion of being an idol and follow us in Stanford." Sehun wipes her drenched face with a hanky.

"Never! I'll be popular all over the world and make you two kiss my foot begging for my signature."

"I wish you all the best!" Jongin sneers.

"Sehunnie, I'll be just a call away if this devil cheats on you,understand?!"

Jongin is about to fire back when Sehun covers his mouth, "okay,let's depart with happy and beautiful goodbyes,shall we childern?"

Soohan steps closer to Jongin and embrace him tighter, "Take care idiot! be a good boy! Call me if you need help." Soohan pecks on his cheek.

"I will. Be careful always okay. Never forget to rerun my don'ts and do's list for finding a perfect boyfriend!" Jongin embraces her back tightly.

Soohan smiles back before breaking their hug and walks closer to Sehun, "Bye Sehunnie!" she tiptoes and pecks on Sehun's lips.

"YAHHH!" Jongin shouts.

"Okay! Let's go!" Sehun pulls Jongin harshly inside the check in area. "Bye Soohan!"

Soohan sticks out her tongue to Jongin, "Love each other always!" She laughs waving her hands up in the air until the two disappear in her sight.

 

======================================================================

Chapter Fourteen Preview


Jongin shuts the door behind him with his left heel and throw his brown satchel on the couch. He opens the fridge and grab two bottles of energy drinks. He slumps down on the couch and lazily turns on the TV scanning the channel. His heart freezes and entire body turns cold when his eyes read the news headline on the screen.

"Korean World Popstar, Hanna, secretly married her childhood sweetheart Oh Sehun."

Jongin throws the bottle he's holding to the flashing wedding picture of the couple, smashing the screen into pieces.

"Traitors!"

 

__I thought I won't make it today,Thank God~_~