I LOVE YOU TOO CHAPTER 8

I Love You Too

Chapter 8

 

Siwon sighs tiredly. 3 hours has passed. It has been three hours that he’s mentally distress by his niece. Why? His niece is very special to him. And being the kind uncle, he voluntarily offers himself for a day and promise to compile to whatever request she wants. But, apparently that easy job that he thought, turns out to be so difficult and tiring. After three hours of going here and there, he and his niece are now standing in front of another pastry shop, the fifth shop that they went for that day.

 

Please, let this be the last. He prays inside.

 

“Hello, welcome to Sakura cafe.” A woman in her twenties greets them.

 

Siwon bows a little for the courtesy and just let his niece go to scan the cake behind the glass.

 

“How can I help you, sir?” the woman, Ryeowook, the name that Siwon reads on her tag, asks her politely.

 

“You should ask her.” Siwon pointed to the girl dejectedly who is still scanning the cakes.

 

Ryeowook walks towards the girl and squats down to be on the same level with Siwon’s niece.

 

“Hello little girl. What’s your name?”

 

“Jimin. Jung Jimin.” The girl reply, whispering actually.

 

“Jimin? Cute name for a cute girl.” Ryeowook compliments, “So, tell unnie. What kind of cake do you want?”

 

Jimin pouts instead of answering her.

 

“Actually, she didn’t even know what kind of cake that she wants.” Siwon answered her question on her behalf and it makes Jimin pouting even more.

 

“Is it for some occasion?” Ryeowook stands and ask Siwon.

 

“Yes. It’s her mother’s birthday and she says, she wants to present her the best birthday cake ever. But, after so many rounds and shops, she still couldn’t decide the cake.”

 

“Jimin…just want the best for mama.” Jimin mumbles softly, already on the verge of tears because she knew that her uncle is getting irritated with her.

 

“Is that so…” Ryewook trails and thinks, “Please wait here, first. I’ll be back very shortly.” Ryeowook disappears behind the kitchen door.

 

“Jimin-ah,” Siwon calls, sighing again, “Why don’t you just pick any of the cake around here? They all look beautiful and delicious.” He said, trying to persuade her, gently.

 

“But…Jimin didn’t know…” her eyes started getting teary.

 

Siwon let go a sigh, again, “Look. Uncle really wants to help you. But, if you continue with this attitude…”

 

 “Siwon-ssi?” Siwon stops talking immediately to hear that sweet voice calling for his name.

 

He hesitantly turns his head behind and startled to see Sungmin standing in front of him, wearing…white apron?

 

“It is you.” Sungmin said, smiling sweetly.

 

“You know the customer, Minnie?”

 

“Ah, he’s a friend. It’s a surprise though to see you here.” She turns talking to Siwon after answering Ryeowook’s question.

 

“Same here.” Siwon agrees, a grin has appears again on his handsome face.

 

He is shock but at the same time happy at the fateful meeting with Sungmin.

 

“You can leave him to me, Wookie.” Sungmin told her friend.

 

“Okay then. Just call me if you need anything.”

 

Ryeowook excused herself and left them to talk.

 

“You work here?” Siwon starts questioning, “I thought that your job is Mr Kim PA.”

 

Sungmin chuckles, “Yes, I am Mr Kim’s PA. But, sometimes I will come here to help my friend. This is my shop too.” She informed.

 

Siwon once again surprise to receive that info, “You own it? You mean…you’re a patisserie?” Sungmin nods, “Wow, that’s a pleasant surprise.”

 

“It’s strange right? People never guess about it from me.”

 

“Maybe. But, you’re really one of the kinds.” Siwon compliments sincerely.

 

They smile and stare into each other’s eyes.

 

“Ah, anyway, what brings you here?”

 

“About that…Jimin-ah…” Siwon gently pushed his niece in front and stand in between the adults, “Tell this unnie what do you want.” He asks, as gentle as possible because he knew that the girl is sulking already.

 

Jimin looks up and stares at Sungmin who is smiling at her. To make things easier to talk, Sungmin get down to be on the same eye level with the little girl.

 

“Jimin…wants cake for mama…” Jimin finally speak after so many seconds of silent and almost inaudible.

 

Truthfully, she is tired and has already lose hope to get the best birthday cake for her mother. In the previous cake house, all the other patisseries and owners didn’t understand her need. They all are just drooling over her hot uncle whom always received much attention and ignore her.

 

“What kind of cake do you want?” Sungmin asks politely, “Unnie has lots.”

 

“Best birthday cake…” she whispers, very much invisible to the ear.

 

“Pardon?”

 

“Jimin-ah, please don’t act like that. Talk to unnie clearly.” Siwon instructed, a bit annoyed by Jimin’s sudden mood change.

 

Jimin sniffed, holding the tears from coming out. She hide behind Siwon’s leg, afraid of the latter’s anger. Siwon sighs for the nth time. He looks at the waiting Sungmin apologetically.

 

“Sorry Sungmin. She must be tired. We have been out for three hours. She’s usually so hyper.”

 

“No it’s okay. I don’t mind at all.” Sungmin assures him, “What has really happen actually?”

 

“It’s her mother’s birthday tomorrow. She says she wants to give her the best birthday cake ever since she’s five now. But after 3 hours and many rounds of going here and there, she still couldn’t decide what kind of cake that she wants. ” Siwon explains, some sort of nagging.

 

Sungmin chuckles, “Really? Best birthday cake for mama?” She tried to converse with the girl again but she’s already crying softly behind Siwon’s leg.

 

“Jimin-ah…”

 

Sungmin raised her hand to stop Siwon from nagging more, “Let me try.” She whispers to him.

 

Siwon nods faintly. Sungmin slowly approaches her and try to persuade her to talk.

 

“Jimin, right?” the girl nods.

 

“Unnie is sorry if you’re sad.” She starts as she wipes the tears from Jimin’s cheek gently.

 

“Unnie didn’t mean to make you sad. But, tell me one thing. Is there a picture of your mama’s best birthday cake inside your backpack?”

 

Jimin’s eyes widened in surprise whereas Siwon stares at her confusedly to hear that. But, to his surprise, Jimin is actually nodding to the question.

 

“You do?” Siwon couldn’t believe his ears.

 

“Really? That’s great. Let’s do it like this then. Jimin shows unnie your picture and unnie promise to bake it for you.”  Sungmin suggested.

 

“Really?!” Jimin’s mood changes drastically, and her eyes’ lightened after hearing that.

 

Sungmin nods, still smiling sweetly to her.

 

“Are you willing to bake one for Jiminie? The best birthday cake for mama?” she excitedly asks.

 

“Yes, unnie will try my best.” She promised.

 

“Wait, wait.” Siwon interrupts the girls’ talking before it gets further, “Are you sure about this, Sungmin? I don’t want her to bother you with your work.” He said worriedly.

 

“Oh, it’s totally okay. I’m free right now.” She replies back, “And I can’t just disappoint my sweet customer, right?” Sungmin pats the girl’s head lovingly.

 

Jimin laughs happily by the sweet affection by Sungmin.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yes, I’m sure. Why don’t you sit first? I’ll bring you some coffee and also cocoa for this sweet girl.” Sungmin pinches Jimin’s cheek playfully.

 

She sends an assuring smile to Siwon and left to the counter to have a talk with Ryeowook. Meanwhile, Siwon takes his already happy niece to one seat open, near the window.

 

“You must thank Minnie unnie properly, okay?” he reminded Jimin.

 

“Yes, uncle! Jimin will do that.” She happily promised, already starts to take out her drawing block to show to Sungmin.

 

“Good girl.” She praised, ruffling the girl’s hair.

 

Sungmin comes back few minutes later with a tray on her hand. There’s a cup of white coffee, one ice cocoa and some slices of cakes on the tray. She serves it to Siwon and Jimin.

 

“Have a taste. It’s one of my shop’s best.” She sits at the open seat in front of Siwon, “And you, let’s sit here, with me.” Sungmin lifts up Jimin to sit on her lap.

 

“Now, tell unnie about your cake.”

 

So, with that Jimin happily tells Sungmin the details of her best birthday cake that she imagines. Siwon smiles while watching the interaction between the two of them. He could feel the kindness and gentleness shown by Sungmin to his niece. It’s a very beautiful picture and he never thought that he is able to see that so early in their friendship. He start daydreaming of having one happy family with Sungmin.

 

If we have a family together, I’m sure Sungmin will be the best mother ever. She could easily understand my picky niece even though they just met. First, I have to propose to her. Then, we will get marry in whatever condition she wants. After that, I will continue to work, and Sungmin is allowed to choose to be a housewife or continue with her work here. I’m alone will be able to support us. And she will send me to word every day, and welcome me home with a smile. During weekend, we will spend time together, eating the cake and snacks that she make. Have a picnic at the park. Wow…what a nice family.

 

Siwon grins, imagining the happy moment, already in daze.

 

“Uncle!” Siwon snapped from his dreaming when he heard Jimin’s voice.

 

“Yes, what is it?”

 

“Jimin’s going to bake a cake with Minnie unnie.” The girl informed.

 

Siwon absentmindedly nods, “Eh, what?” he asks next, unsure to what he just heard.

 

“We’ll bake the cake together.” Sungmin repeats what Jimin said.

 

“Eh? Are you sure Sungmin? Are you really really sure about this?”

 

“About what?”

 

“My niece. Baking cake. With you.” He expressed it one by one, “Will she not be bothering you? You still have some work to do right? You don’t have to compile to her every request, you know.” He explained.

 

Sungmin just giggles Siwon’s worry away. She finds it’s funny to see that worry expression on him.

 

“I’m really okay. All my works are done for the day. I told you, it’s my free time right now. Come, Jiminie. Let’s bake your mother’s best birthday cake.”

 

“Em!”

 

Sungmin and Jimin hold hand and goes inside the kitchen, leaving the still confuse Siwon alone, standing by the seat. He follows the girls to the kitchen. A smile appears on his lips, while watching Sungmin helping Jimin to put on a small apron.

 

“Can I help too?” Siwon offers himself, grinning from one ear to another.

 

Sungmin and Jimin look at him and each other back forth before they said one absolute word, “No.” they laugh together.

 

“Eh? Why…” Siwon whines.

 

In the end, he still insisted on helping the girls. He creates more mess than helping but they sure are having fun. They have become so comfortable with each other’s company. Ryeowook who is working at the counter, will sometimes, take a glance at the scene inside the kitchen. She smiles non-stop to be able to see a smiling and a happy Sungmin. It is the first ever after so long that Sungmin is having fun with a man like that.

 

Is he the one who will be Sungmin’s fate? She asks the question to herself, as her eyes fixed watching Siwon, Sungmin and Jimin baking the cake.

 

~~

 

Few hours later, the cake finally finished. The one who is happy the most is of course Jimin but Siwon share the same happiness. Because of his niece, he got to meet with Sungmin and not just that, to spend almost a day with her, laughing happily. Furthermore, he got to see so many other cute side of Sungmin that he never sees before.

 

“Send my ‘happy birthday’ to your mama, Jiminie.”

 

“I will, unnie.” Jimin nods eagerly.

 

“Thanks Minnie unnie properly before we go home, Jimin.”

 

“Thank you so much, unnie.” Jimin hugs Sungmin tight.

 

She kissed Sungmin on the cheek before letting go of the, “I love you so much.” She whispers, “You really are the best ever.”

 

Jimin gets inside the car with the cake and Siwon closes the car door. His attention turns to Sungmin.

 

“Thanks again, Sungminie. Especially for your time and effort in making my niece happy.” Siwon thanks her again.

 

 “No, it’s okay. I did have so much fun. She’s a cute kid.” Sungmin compliments, a smile still on her lips.

 

“I’m still confused. How did you know that Jimin has a picture of her mother’s cake? None of the other shops ask us that question. Well, they actually didn’t pay much attention to her.” Siwon tells the truth, he did realize that the other shop didn’t really care about his niece.

 

“Instinct.” Sungmin answers, short and simple.

 

“Instinct? Only that?”

 

Sungmin nods, looking innocent as ever.

 

“Actually, I used to do the same thing for my parents once at her age.”

 

“The same thing?”

 

“Em,” Sungmin nods again, “That’s the reason why I opened this shop in the first place.”

 

“Oo…really?” Siwon smiles back at her.

 

They stare into each other eyes lovingly, savoring the special moment only between them.

 

“Then…let’s meet again. I hope.”

 

“Em, sure.” Sungmin shakes hands with Siwon.

 

Siwon let go of the hand he’s holding really slow and walks to the driver seat, eyes still fixed on the smiling Sungmin. He gets inside the car and starts the engine.

 

“Bye bye Minnie unnie!” Jimin waved happily when Siwon opens up the car window, as the car drove away.

 

Sungmin waves back with the equal happiness. She watches the car until it left by the corner. Her lip is still smiling.

 

“What a nice picture to see~~” a voice sang behind her suddenly.

 

Sungmin turns her head instantly. Her eyes meet with Kangin and Kyuhyun, smirking at her.

 

“Oppa? Kyu?” She marches towards them, really surprise by their sudden arrival.

 

“I’ve come to get my orders.” Kangin said.

 

“And I tag along.” Kyuhyun adds, even before Sungmin asks anything.

 

Sungmin blinks her eyes few times. Her mind slowly processing what the guys said. She smiles at them after that.

 

With a chuckles, “Welcome, oppa.” She greets the boys.

 

~~

 

I can’t believe myself when hyung said that Sungmin has a pastry shop. But, seeing it with my own eyes, it is more unbelievable. Sungmin, the girl that I knew for almost many years, is actually a good patisserie. What kind of secrets are you going to show me again the next time, Sungmin? why is it that I don’t know so many things about you? Question by question arise inside Kyuhyun’s head. And yet, he has no courage to ask it to the said person.

 

“This wrapped box is for you, oppa.” Sungmin and Kangin are now discussing about the orders that pre-made by Kangin beforehand.

 

Kangin has been a sweet lover for so long. And ever since he knew that Sungmin is a patisserie, he has been her loyal customer ever. Sungmin is of course happy to get Kangin as her customer. Kangin has been helping her to promote her shop to his relatives and friends voluntarily which make her revenue increase even more. Kangin said, it was Sungmin’s products that attract people to come to her shop and yet, she has been very thankful knowing Kangin in her life. Even Kangin’s mothers are has become her loyal customer. When it said as mothers, it means, both Kangin’s birth and step mother loves Sungmin so much.

 

“This is the cheese cake that Mrs Cho wants.” She puts another box on the counter, “Also…the last time, Mrs Kim said that she likes my tart, so I pack some for her, as the extra.” She said, while Kangin continuously nods his head to all the information.

 

“How about me? Don’t I get any extra for buying so much?”

 

“You…have to pay for it oppa. You’re rich, right?” Sungmin teased the older.

 

“How about my mothers then?”

 

“What? I’m giving them for free of course.” She replies back, writing the receipt for Kangin to pay.

 

“Hmph…you spoil them too much.” Kangin sulks, a fake one of course.

 

“Can’t be help about it, oppa. They’re my favorite customer.” She replies back, giggles a bit to see Kangin sulking like that.

 

“Yeah, I know.” Kangin smiles at her.

 

He never really feel offend by what Sungmin said. He is rich after all. He didn’t care to spend a lot on Sungmin, as long as it makes her happy.

 

Kyuhyun on the other hand, is watching their natural and happy moment with green of envy. His brows furrows in a deep frown as he stares at them, dissatisfied.

 

“You should stop piercing them with your stare, you know.” Kyuhyun jerks a little from his seat from Ryeowook’s sudden remarks.

 

“I’m…I’m not staring.” He denied, fakingly take a sip of his coffee.

 

Ryeowook chuckles at him. She knows that Kyuhyun just in denial about the fact.

 

“Have you known Sungmin long, Ryeowook-ssi?” Kyuhyun asks, try to change the topic and also to answer to his curiosity about Sungmin.

 

“Ever since middle school, I think or maybe even before that. I’m not quite sure.”

 

“How about the shop?”

 

“The shop?” Kyuhyun nods, waiting for her answer.

 

“Well, her father gave her this shop as a present for her before she went to college. But, in truth, we started to open this shop officially just 3 years ago.”

 

“3 years? It means, while studying, she already has this shop. And I didn’t know a thing about it.” he mumbles under his breath.

 

Ryeowook can clearly hear it though. She could sense some sadness in Kyuhyun’s words. They become silent after that.

 

“You know, Sungmin used to tell me story about you before.” She breaks the silent.

 

“About me?”

 

“Cho Kyuhyun. You’re supposed to be Sungmin’s best friend in college, right?”

 

“Supposed?”

 

“Sungmin said that you’re a playboy that already rejected her confession.”

 

Kyuhyun who is drinking his coffee choke abruptly and coughs his coffee out. The other people in the shop are surprise by that sudden incident.

 

“Kyu!” Sungmin hurriedly go to his side.

 

She panics and helps him upon seeing that scene.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” she wipes the coffee that spills on the table with a napkin, “Since when did you become so clumsy. Here, have some water.” She nags, gives Kyuhyun a glass of plain water.

 

“No...nothing. I’m…fine.” Kyuhyun shuttered.

 

He drinks the water and could clearly see how Ryeowook smirk at him beside Sungmin.  

 

“Are you sure you’re okay?” she offers a tissue to the guy which he takes it gladly to wipe his mouth, “Want me to make another coffee for you?”

 

Kyuhyun shakes his head, “No, thank you. I think I’m done with coffee for the day.” He answers back.

 

Sungmin frowns at him.

 

“Yes, I’m fine, Lee Sungmin.” Kyuhyun said, to assure the girl, “Are you done with hyung?”

 

“Oh, not yet.” Sungmin leaves again and goes to Kangin’s side to continue with her discussion.

 

“What’s wrong with him?” Kangin asks, as soon as Sungmin reaches him.

 

Sungmin shrugged, “Don’t know. Let’s continue, oppa.” Kangin nods, and they starts their work again.

 

Kyuhyun on the other side of the table, takes a deep breath and heaves it out slowly.

 

“Offended?” Ryeowook questions, still smirking.

 

“Not really.” Kyuhyun answers casually.

 

He looks up at the couple talking, “I…don’t deserve her love.” Kyuhyun’s voice turns flat.

 

“You know that Sungmin loves you?”

 

“Somehow, yes I can sense it. But, I don’t think I’m the perfect guy for her. She…deserves someone even better. I don’t even understand my feelings so well, what else to like her.” He confessed, for the first time ever.

 

Ryeowook didn’t expect that sort of answer from him. She can see a hint of love in Kyuhyun’s eyes while looking at Sungmin. She didn’t understand why must Kyuhyun been in denial if he already knew that Sungmin loves him so much.

 

Love is a complicated thing. Ryeowook looks at Sungmin and Kyuhyun back forth. She let go a sigh. And they make it more complicated. She concluded.

 

 

TBC

 

Here’s another update! I’m starting to lose inspiration to continue…again, as usual actually. I know that I’ve late in updating this, that’s why I still update though it’s lame... thank you again in advance!!! (★^O^★)