I LOVE YOU TOO CHAPTER 28

I Love You Too

 

CHAPTER 28

 

At the café, the next day.

 

“Good morning, noona.”

 

A cheerful voice suddenly chirped behind Ryeowook. She turned and gapes to see the owner of the voice.

 

“Jinnie? When did you come home?” she blurted the question out loud.

 

“Just yesterday.”

 

“Yesterday? But, Sungmin didn’t tell me…” Ryeowook paused, “Don’t tell me you make a surprise comeback again?” she frowned.

 

Sungjin grinned sheepishly by the correct remark.

 

“Don’t worry too much, noona. I’m safely home now, right? Also, appa already gave me enough scolding last night.” He makes a sullen face which tickles Ryeowook’s heart.

 

“It’s your own fault.” She ruffles the boy’s head, “Anyway, what are you doing here?” she change the topic.

 

“Helping.” He answered, short and simple.

 

A chuckle erupted from Ryeowook. Even though she already expected that was Sungjin’s answer, she still couldn’t hold her laugh by the simple reason. She shakes her head left and right.

 

“Are you sure…” she teased.

 

“Err…” Sungjin grinned awkwardly.

 

It seems that Ryeowook can see right through him.

 

“Ok, fine. I’m bored. There’s no one to play at home.” He admitted with a pout appeared.

 

Ryeowook laughed even more.

 

“Bored? You do realize you just came back yesterday right? You should have plenty of rest. I’m sure that’s what your noona wants to. Thank you. Please come again.” She nagged but her hands still swiftly doing her work at the counter.

 

“But noona…” Sungjin whined, “It’s still boring.” He complained, inviting himself to seat without ask with a gloomy face by the counter.

 

“Umma and everyone are too busy to keep me company.”

 

Ryeowook no longer hide her laughter by the ridiculous excuses, “Hahahaha…”

 

“Then, you’re not actually blaming Sungminie for your fault of coming back so suddenly right?”

 

Sungjin sulked even more by the question.

 

“I know…but, what can I do? The school is on break. I can’t just stay there whereas everybody else went back to their own home.” He complained.

 

“Then, why don’t you find something to do? There’s a lot at home, right?” She suggested.

 

Sungjin sighed, “A lot to do. But, I’m too lazy to do anything. Well, since this is my second home, I invited myself voluntarily. That can be a reason right?” the boy reasoned and give the question back to Ryeowook.

 

“Okayyyy….I dearly accept the reason, my baby dongsaeng.” Ryeowook replied to him, playfully pinching the boy’s cheek.

 

Sungjin laughed. He knew that she loves him too much to not ignore him like that.

 

“So noona, tell me. What can I do to help? I’ll do anything.” He requested again, changing the topic easily and still insisted of helping.

 

Ryeowook hummed. She’s thinking for some work for the boy to do. Then, she remembered.

 

“Ah, I need to check for the new stocks at the back. Can you keep the counter for me?”

 

Sungjin nodding his head obediently like a cute puppy.

 

“You still remember the pastries’ prices right?”

 

“Of course. All are just on the tip of my finger, noona.” He stated proudly.

 

Ryeowook chuckled again. She really never got the chance to be in bad mood with Sungjin around.

 

“Okay, then. Good luck. Just call me or the others if there’s anything.” She reminded for the last time and moves to the kitchen to finish her work.

 

Sungjin got up from his chair and started doing the assigned job properly. It’s very normal for him in truth. Ever since the first day the café opened, he has been helping with the work whenever he has a free time or whenever he wants to. All depend on his mood, and his noona never force her on anything.

 

Few minutes of entertaining the customers coming and leaving, the door slowly opened and a familiar figure step in. just like Ryeowook, the said person was also widened to see him by the counter.

 

“Sungjin?”

 

“Eh?” Sungjin turned up by the name call, “Ah, Yesung hyung.” He greeted the man casually like it’s nothing unusual at all.

 

Yesung opened his mouth but to close it back as he realized he didn’t have a word to win against the boy.

 

“Seriously…you sure love to make surprises.” He commented and allowed himself inside the café with a little creature running right behind.

 

“KKOMING!” Sungjin excitedly called with open arms.

 

Yesung’s dog barked at the call and runs into his arms immediately. He laughed happily when the dog snuggles closer to him.

 

“Hahahaha…I miss you too, Kkoming.” He said to the dog.

 

Yesung by the side just smile to see the close relationship.

 

“You really love him/her, right?” Yesung asked an obvious question.

 

Sungjin snorted.

 

“Of course I do. Especially since he’s yours, hyung.” He replied and laughed while playing with the dog.

 

“Why don’t you get a dog on your own? It’s easier right?”

 

Sungjin laughed suddenly by the question, “Get one? You exactly know the reason why, hyung. My noona.”

 

Realization dawned upon Yesung with an ‘ah’. He remembered that the only reason why the Lee family didn’t have a dog at home. It is none other than because their only daughter is afraid of dogs.

 

“But, your noona seems to be okay with Kkoming.” He retorted.

 

“That’s because Kkoming is different than the others. Furthermore, I told you because it’s yours hyung. We both know that noona accept everything about you.”

 

Yesung chuckled. But, he admitted the reason wholeheartedly. Sungmin never denied anything whenever it is about him, Ryeowook or her other loved one. It’s still unbelievable to why Sungmin only accept his dog. But, Sungmin has always been unusual than any other people, to which he never ask for further reason.

 

“Eh? Hey hey, where are you going?” Yesung asked on time when Sungjin out of sudden started walking to the door with Kkoming still in his arms.

 

The boy turned to him, “Park.”

 

“Park? But, your work is still unfinished.” He stopped the latter.

 

“I know. But, you’re here now.” He replied back, casually.

 

Yesung’s eyes twitched. Anger or annoyed, he no longer can determine which one that he feels. Surely, the boy’s reply is getting more irritating day by day.

 

“I’ll see you later hyung! Bye!” and the boy vanished by the door just like that.

 

Yesung gawked at the counter, can’t believe that he was actually being taken advantage by the younger. Sungjin waved from the café’s large window happily with the dog before his sight finally disappear from the image. Yesung stared out of words and finally he sighed, weary. He’s really could never win against Lee Sungjin, he concluded.

 

He regretted a bit for coming there suddenly. But then, he didn’t have much time to feel remorse as more customers started to queue up in front of the counter. Even though he unexpectedly ends up doing the job, he still did it without much complained. Well, he has nothing else to do anyway. Minutes later when Ryeowook came back from her wok, she’s certainly shock to see her boyfriend doing the job instead of someone else she assigned before.

 

“Oppa? What are you doing here?” she asked in confusion, walking towards him.

 

Yesung grinned widely with her appearance, “Hey baby.” He greeted with his usual way, a kiss on the cheek.

 

Ryeowook didn’t cover the smile she had after seeing her lover.

 

“How come it’s you? Where’s Sungjin?” repeated Ryeowook her question just now.

 

“Well…you know how Sungjin is, baby. He never stays at one place for long.” Yesung nagged even though he still willingly to entertain the customers.

 

Ryeowook laughed at his remark. Not caring much about the small matter, she takes over the position and pushed Yesung to sit and rest. She knew that her boyfriend is tired from his own work. She also knew it’s rare for him to have a day off like that. So, being the considerate girlfriend, she makes sure that the man is well-treated.

 

/////

 

On the other hand, back to Sungjin’s side of story, he is leisurely used his free time walking with Kkoming at the park. It’s not too hot or too cold, so the weather is just right for him to lazing around without doing anything. Just as he walked, he noticed a couple taking a stroll at the park not too far from where he situated. He squint his eyes and looked closely. He right away recognized them. An evil smirk merged. His prey is totally unprepared and that’s where the fun begins.

 

Sungjin let go of the dog’s leash. And hold him before he whispered something to its ear.

 

“Okay?”

 

The dog barked as an agreement and Sungjin let the dog run towards the couple.

 

As soon as Kkoming reached the couple, he started barking and making cute faces so that they melted. And they did for sure. The dog already trained by the owner to act like that. But, when the man hold the dog’s leash, out of sudden, Kkoming run and make a turn around the couple tying up both of them together. The couple who was in shock loses their balance and fall hard on the floor with the girl on top of the man. Sungjin who has been watching the scene all along, cheered for the succeeded plan. He casually walked towards them and clapped at their misery.

 

“Nice ‘movie’ guys.” He commented laughing.

 

The couple turned at him sharp, and widened in shock by his appearance.

 

“Lee Sungjin!!” they yelled angrily whereas Sungjin laughed mocking them.

 

The couple is none other than his best friends actually, Henry and Amber. He already used to make fun of them like that, and they also know how playful he is. After a good laugh at them, Sungjin helped them untying the leash and hold Amber to get up. As soon as she got back on her feet, a hard smack arrived on his head.

 

“STUPID SUNGJIN!” She raged.

 

Sungjin laughed even more. He rubbed the pain on his head to ease the pain. Though it’s hurt, he deserves the hit. Amber’s face was flushed in red by the anger but more to embarrassment because she falls on Henry. She totally didn’t expect for Sungjin to appear and make fun of them like that. Henry by the side sighed heavily. He was angry but knowing the latter, he will not going to win. Furthermore, Sungjin already got a smack, that’s better than nothing.

 

“What are you doing here together? Shopping?” Sungjin asked and answered the question by looking at the shopping bags in Henry’s hand.

 

Henry nodded.

 

“I ask for Amber to accompany me to buy some things.”

 

“Yeah he did. Why are you so concern about?” Amber added, still annoyed at him.

 

Sungjin chuckled.

 

“Not that I really concern. I just wonder. We’ve just come back from school and been separated just a day. But, both of you were already seen together. How come you’re not even tired of seeing each other so often? It’s still a mystery to me.” Sungjin mocked.

 

Henry snickered at his word.

 

“It’s nothing that you should be worry about, Lee Sungjin. We’re happy and we’re not bothering anyone, isn’t that enough?” Henry retorted back with Amber nodding by the side eagerly.

 

Sungjin smirked. He didn’t mean anything bad. On the contrary, he rather felt amused by it. Both of them are his closest friend, and he just love to see the obvious blush on Amber’s face whenever he makes fun of them like that.

 

“Fine…” he trailed purposely, “I could never win against a future lawyer in debate. I’ll accept defeat.” He said, though still sounded sarcastic to the ears.

 

Henry just sighs with his tease.

 

“And you? What are you doing here, Jin? I don’t think your house is close by.” Amber asked.

 

“My noona’s café is just around the corner. I’ve come to help. Well…I am a good dongsaeng right?” he exclaimed in proud.

 

Henry snorted.

 

“Just because you don’t have anything to do at home, admit it.” Henry added.

 

Sungjin laughed at Henry’s remark.

 

“Yeah…I am…” he replied singing.

 

Just then, his phone started to ring suddenly. He picked it up and frown by the name appeared.

 

Yeye-hyung.

 

“Hello hyung.” Sungjin answered the call fast.

 

“Sungjin, come back to the café now.” Yesung ordered.

 

“Eh, why…” Sungjin whined, “I’m not doing anything wrong right?”

 

A sigh could be heard from the other side.

 

“No, Sungjin. Wookie’s doing a delivery. I’m helping her so I want you to come and help me too.” He explained.

 

“Can I just…”

 

“It’s near Sungmin’s office.”

 

Sungjin’s eyes sparkled almost instantly by the reason.

 

“I’ll be there right away!” And he quickly hung up, smiling widely.

 

“Guys, I gotta go. Bye!” he picked Kkoming into his arms and leave Amber and Henry all gaping with his sudden change of attitude.

 

Sungjin was so happy about going to meet with Sungmin that he didn’t even realize that both Henry and Amber followed him back to the café. Well, Yesung didn’t mind much about it. In fact, he forced them to help instead. The three of them help Yesung willingly without much protest.

 

/////

 

Kyuhyun sighed in weary. He loosens his tie. It’s another tiring day of working for him. The heavy workloads he’s been having lately giving him hard time to rest. Furthermore, with the expanding duty of him as the vice president and also a manager at his father’s company making him more restless. His mental was exhausted from the meeting just now. He has to attend the meeting on behalf of Kangin since the brother has another job to do elsewhere and with Sungmin of course.

 

Kyuhyun parked his car by the roadside in front of the office’s building. It is easier for him to go home later on. He walked out from the car and was about to get into the building when he heard a voice calling for him.

 

“Hey hyung.”

 

He frowned staring at the figure.

 

“Hen? And…your friends?” he pin-pointed to the teenagers behind the boy.

 

The latter nodded.

 

“Guys, this is my other brother, Cho Kyuhyun. Hyung, this is Amber and Sungjin.” He introduced.

 

“Hi.” Kyuhyun greeted casually.

 

The other two greeted him back with a smile. It became awkward right after the introduction.

 

“Hey Henry, we’re going to help Yeye hyung.” Sungjin informed before he and Amber left together towards the other car.

 

Yeye? Kyuhyun’s eyes burrowed together. Just where did I hear that nickname before? He asked inside looking at the boy’s movement in curiosity.

 

“Hyung.”

 

“Ah, yes?”

 

“You’re okay?”

 

He blinked twice and sighed.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Replied him to the younger, “What are you doing here anyway? I thought you wanted to laze around at home today.”

 

“I did this morning. There’s nothing much to do at home. Well, I’m helping Sungjin actually. And since his noona works together with you, we’re planning to pay a visit.” He explained.

 

“Noona?” Kyuhyun repeated the word.

 

It’s Henry’s turn to frown this time.

 

“Hyung, I did told you before that Sungjin’s elder sister is Sungmin noona right?”

 

“Ah.” A click was heard on his head by the realization.

 

No wonder he seems so familiar. Kyuhyun told himself mentally.

 

“How come you forget about that? Here I thought you said you’re Sungmin noona’s best friend.” Henry mocked.

 

Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes by the remark. Sharp tongue really runs in his blood after all.

 

“I just forget alright?” he sighed tiredly, “So, what are you going to do after this? Going home?”

 

The latter nodded.

 

“I’m thinking of taking a lift with you. And of course, I want you to send Amber home too.” He stated, sounding so simple and normal but differ to Kyuhyun’s part.

 

Kyuhyun frowned at him.

 

“Take Amber home? Why?”

 

“Why? Because you’re my hyung of course. And also I don’t have license to drive. You can’t expect me to ride a bus just to send her home, right?”

 

“But…”

 

“No buts hyung. Mom wants me home by seven. Just call me if you’re ready.” And he left just like that, didn’t give a chance for Kyuhyun to say anything.

 

He watched as his brother slowly walked away from him and went to the other side where her friends are. He sighed. Henry was right after all. Shaking his head, he walked into the building in slow mode. Truthfully he has no complaint about sending his little brother and his friend home, they’re on the way. But, the fact that his brother totally used him drained his energy so much. He went into his office and tidied up his workplace before getting ready to go home. There’s nothing else for him to do.

 

When he walked down the office, he met with the others chatting near the main door.

 

“Hey.” He greeted, cutting their conversation.

 

“Ah, Kyu.” Among the all, of course Sungmin the only one who greeted him back willingly.

 

“You’re done already?” he questioned Sungmin, ignore all the eyes watching there.

 

Sungmin nodded.

 

“Everything’s settled on your part, Kyu?”

 

“Em. So far so good. There’s just small problem. But, I’ve settled everything.” He explained which makes Sungmin smiled in relieved to hear that.

 

“You can tell or ask me anything if you want. I’m sure be there helping you.” She suggested.

 

Sungmin patted on Kyuhyun’s shoulder, relieving some tension that she can see on Kyuhyun’s face. A smile spread on Kyuhyun by Sungmin’s touch. Somehow, talking with Sungmin has taken away all his stress that accumulates before. She really is a medicine to him.

 

“Hyung, you’re going home? Let’s go.” And his brother just know the right time to interfere, he frowned at the latter.

 

“What?” Henry feint an innocent face.

 

You’re disturbing me. He scolded through his eyes.

 

“Hee…We’ll wait for you at the car.” Henry slowly retreats, understand the stare given by Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun unconsciously let out a sigh.

 

“See you tomorrow, oppa.” He heard Sungmin’s voice telling Kangin as his attention averted back to her, “You too, Kyu.” She said to him next.

 

He nodded lazily, “Yeah.”

 

Sungmin waved at them and walked straight to where her brothers situated. Kyuhyun watched. He feels something missing. But, there’s something else to that too. Why did he feel disappointed for not be able to talk to Sungmin, he didn’t understand it more.

 

“Let’s just go home, Kyuhyun.” Kangin interrupted his mind thinking, and walked passed him.

 

Kyuhyun blinked. He saw how Sungmin’s figure started to disappear together with Yesung and Sungjin. Then, Henry called for his name to go home already. He surrendered. He needs something else to take Sungmin away from his mind. And he needed it fast. That’s for sure.

 

/////

 

Later that night, Sungmin and Sungjin have a movie marathon together in their own home theater. But, just before the movie ended, they spent most the time talking. Sungmin talk about Yesung’s surprise event for Ryeowook on the next day. She needed the boy’s help and opinion on that to make it all perfect.

 

“So…what do you think?”

 

She smiled hopefully while Sungjin scanning the paper where all the plans written. Sungjin hummed, making her nervous on purpose.

 

“It’s great.”

 

Sungmin automatically sigh in relief after he said that.

 

“I thought that you’re not going to like it.” Sungmin commented.

 

“Oh noona, why are you so worry about? We both know how Wookie noona is. She will absolutely love it. She doesn’t like grand occasion or anything such. Her life is simple and I’m sure the simplest the proposal is the better.” Sungjin stated his opinion.

 

“I know, I know. But, I’m just concern. This is the first time ever I’m planning an event for someone and such a big and memorable event for my best friend. I don’t want to ruin anything.” Sungmin retorted, “Wookie means a lot to me you know that. I just want to make her happy.” She added, smile genuinely at the plan.

 

“You looked so happy.” Sungjin commented.

 

Sungmin turned at him. And she smiled.

 

“I am.”

 

Sungmin’s expression softened.

 

“It’s about time they tie the knot. They have been in love for so long already. Everyone around us also keeps asking the same question. This is…the best decision Wookie will ever made in her life.” Sungmin said sincerely.

 

Sungjin frowned, “Well, I don’t see there’s anything wrong with that. Wookie noona also aren’t actually worried about it. It’s not actually anyone fault if they tie the knot early or later.”

 

“I know. It just…feels unreal. I don’t even understand why.” Sungmin stated, slow and almost like a whisper.

 

Sungjin watched her noona closely.

 

“How are you accepting this, noona? Are you happy with the upcoming proposal thing?” She frowned at the unexpected question from Sungjin.

 

“What…what with the question, Jinnie? Of course I’m happy. It’s Wookie’s proposal, right? And I’m sure she’s going to say yes immediately to Yeye. There will be wedding next and we all are going to get busy. I can’t wait for it to be real.”

 

“Noona.”

 

Sungjin holds both of her cheeks and raised it to face up with him. There’s some water glistening in her eyes. Sungjin expected it to be so. That’s the main reason why he asked the question in the first place. Her sister is so easy to read and especially to him. He knew that Ryeowook meant a world to Sungmin. And he also knew it’s hard for Sungmin to let go of her to someone else, even though that someone is as much as important to her too. He smiled thinly at her.

 

“It’s okay noona. You can completely be honest with me.” he said and Sungmin’s heart sank.

 

“She…will be someone else after this.” She said out her true feelings, a drop of tear fall from her eyes.

 

Still with a smile, “And that someone else is your favorite and trusted brother, Han Yesung, noona.” He corrected her.

 

Sungmin laughed softly, then her mood change again. She bit her lower lip, holding the tears from coming out.

 

“I know…I completely know it but…just the thought make me…” she cried.

 

Sungjin pulled Sungmin into his arms and embrace her tightly.

 

“Noona…it’s okay.” He rubbed Sungmin’s back comfortably, “Everything will be just fine. You are Wookie noona’s only family. For sure, she will not neglect you. Not now and I am sure she will never do it. Just like how important she is to you, you are also the most important person for her, remember that.”

 

Sungmin sniffed and nodded her head in his embrace.

 

“Furthermore…” he entangled the hug and stared deeply into the doe eyes, “I’m here, right? And everyone else too. We all love you so much.” He confessed, making Sungmin finally smiled.

 

“I love you the most too, Jinnie.” Sungmin said back to him.

 

Sungjin grinned widely. He’s really happy to hear it.

 

“I promise you, this proposal will perfect.” He claimed proudly, and Sungmin agreed wholeheartedly.

 

 

 

TBC