I LOVE YOU TOO CHAPTER 38

I Love You Too


 

 

CHAPTER 38

 

Kangin walked home into his house and was surprised to see his brother, Kyuhyun sprawling on the couch.

 

“Ah, hey hyung.” Kyuhyun greeted after noticing his presence.

 

Kangin frowned.

 

“What are you doing here? When did you come back from the cruise trip?” he asked the younger.

 

Kyuhyun grinned lopsidedly by the question.

 

“Just now.” He shifted and comfortably sits on the couch, “I didn’t have much things to do at home. So, I came here.” He created reasons to support.

 

Kangin was still frowning. He didn’t fully understand the reason but knowing Kyuhyun as his brother, he let it pass. He walk passed the man and went to kitchen to get some drink for himself. He’s been tired. And by the time when he came back to living room, he noticed the sour face on Kyuhyun.

 

“What’s with the long face? Didn’t have good time at the trip?” he asked.

 

Kyuhyun turned to look at his brother. He stares at him long and averted his eyes away. He sighed.

 

“Not good at all. Sungmin got drowned in the pool.”

 

Kangin’s eyes widened.

 

“She drowned? How is she? Is she okay?” he asked, frantic with panic.

 

“She’s okay now, hyung. Remember that Yesung hyung, Ryeowook and her boyfriend are there with her.” Kyuhyun mocked which silenced Kangin instantly, “Of course she was okay.”

 

Kangin frowned. He sensed some envy in Kyuhyun’s voice. Though it’s wasn’t the first time, he can’t help to think there is more than that this time. Without words, he sat down on the couch near his brother.

 

“What happened?” he straight to the point asked.

 

Kyuhyun looked at him with a solemn face.

 

“Hyung, did you know? Sungmin is a lot different than what she appears to be.” He vaguely replied.

 

Despite the vague reply, Kangin somehow understands it.

 

“You saw Sungmin’s eyes?” he questioned back.

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes wide staring at him. He was surprised to know that his brother actually knew about Sungmin’s eyes, maybe even more than that. But then, he remembered. Sungmin never actually hide anything from Kangin. So, it was not surprise for him to know. His face saddened.

 

“Yeah, I saw.” He responded, “But, that’s not the problem here.” He continued.

 

“Actually, even before the trip, I already knew that Sungmin’s eyes are blue and she is different than other girl than I knew. What I didn’t expect is for her…for her to be…not her father’s daughter.” He whispered the last words inaudibly.

 

Kangin looked at him in silence. He let out a heavy sigh and lay back on the comfortable couch.

 

“You knew about Sungmin’s secret, hyung? Since when? How?” Kyuhyun asked him back curiously.

 

Kangin was still silence. He just let the anxious Kyuhyun waiting while he re-arranged his memories of the past once more.

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Why are you still here, Lee Sungmin?” Kangin asked straight into Sungmin’s face.

 

“Eh? What do you mean, sir?” Sungmin confusingly questioned back.

 

“What I mean is, with me, being my PA, why? Why are you still here even though I ask you to do so many unreasonable things? I tortured you and vent my anger at you but why are still here? How is it possible for you to be so persistent of being my personal assistant?” he expressed his questions which has been accumulated ever since.

 

Sungmin blinked blankly. Her mind processed every question given with a frown.

 

“I don’t particularly have a valid reason,” she hesitantly replied, “I think I just love being your PA, Mr President.” She confessed, a bit surprised Kangin.

 

“Moreover, your anger and torture was because of my mistake, so I accept that wholeheartedly.” She added.

 

Kangin sighed, “Stupid.” He remarked, casually.

 

“I really don’t understand your thinking.” He continued talking with Sungmin’s silence, “Your father already got a business on your own, why on earth do you want to work with me instead? Why not just work with him? Don’t you think it’s a bit suspicious? You’re not here spying me right?” he accused.

 

Sungmin laughed softly after he finished his complains.

 

“What’s so funny?” Kangin asked, unsatisfied.

 

Sungmin shook her head, “Nothing sir. It’s just…” Sungmin paused and thought, “Can I explain the reason tomorrow sir?” she suddenly requested.

 

“Why? Why not now?” Kangin fast questioned.

 

Still with a smile, “Well…” she trailed, “Let’s just say I need some sort of permission from my father first before saying anything. So, that’s why…can you please wait until tomorrow, sir? I promise I will truthfully answer your questions.” She promised.

 

Kangin hummed and thought long before he finally responded, “Fine.” He finished, short and simple.

 

Sungmin gave him a wide smile, “Thank you.” she thanked.

 

FLASHBACK END

 

“Sungmin ask me to give her a day to think. I was confused at first but I didn’t ask much. There’s nothing much for me to argue also. She has never disobeys my order or betrays me. So, I waited. I was also anticipating what kind of explanation she wants to give me.” Kangin told the younger.

 

“Then? What happened the next day? How did she tell you about her identity? Did she…seem frightened?” Kyuhyun asked for more as his curiosity grew.

 

Kangin’s snickered at his brother’s eagerness. He must have seen something bad to ask me such question. He thought inside.

 

“No, Kyuhyun. She was not frightened. She was normal in fact.” He casually answered to which Kyuhyun didn’t like it.

 

“The next day…” Kangin started explaining again, “Sungmin came to the office and work as usual. She didn’t show any difference than the day before. For me at that time, she was the normal Sungmin I have seen. But, after the office hour ended, she came to my office. She smiled.”

 

Kyuhyun frowned.

 

“She smiled?” he repeated confusingly.

 

Kangin chuckled, “Yes, she smiled.”

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Do you see any difference in me today, sir?”

 

“Difference?” Kangin repeated the last word.

 

He scanned Sungmin from head to toe. He searched for any difference on Sungmin compare from yesterday. Just as he about to say ‘nothing’, he noticed Sungmin’s eyes.

 

“Blue.” He said, “You wear blue contact lenses. What’s so big deal about it?”

 

Sungmin gave him a smile. Kangin become more confused.

 

“This is not contact lenses sir. This color, blue, is my eyes true color.” Sungmin calmly told him.

 

“What?”

 

Sungmin just was still smiling when Kangin’s face showed an obvious shock on him.

 

“What kind of joke are you playing at, Miss Lee?” he mocked, didn’t want to believe what he just heard.

 

“It’s not a joke, sir. I am telling the truth. Blue is my eyes true color.” Sungmin repeated again.

 

Silenced. Kangin blinked few times looking at Sungmin. A loud laugh finally erupted from him.

 

“Okay, this is funny.” He remarked, still with laughter, “What are you trying to prove to me, Miss Lee? Blue eyes? What’s the fuss about these blue eyes? It’s just a family trait, right? Or is some contagious disease that you’re implying to?” he said sarcastically to the ear.

 

Sungmin followed him with small laugh, “Yes, this is actually a family trait. Something and the only thing that I inherited from my unknown father.” She informed calmly and once again succeeds in making Kangin’s startled.

 

“What?” he blurted out loud.

 

“Sir, yesterday…you ask some questions about me. Who am I really are? Why didn’t I work with my father when he got a company on his own? Why I chose and so persistent in being your PA and many more. The truth is…I am testing myself now.” She expressed.

 

Kangin’s ears automatically focused, wanting to hear the explanation.

 

“I have never told anyone about this before, but I think I ought to tell you to gain your trust.” Sungmin paused again and take a deep breath, “I am…an unwanted daughter.”

 

“Hah?” Sungmin’s word rings inside his head, confused him even more.

 

“I was born in a normal family. But, apart from being normal, I was actually born from my mother’s affair with another man, not my father.” She explained and startled Kangin by the revelation, “That was how I got my blue eyes trait from. In other words, I am my mother’s illegitimate child.” She said, as if it was nothing major at all for her.

 

Kangin was still frowning hard while processing every word said.

 

“Then why?” he finally speaks up.

 

“Eh, why?”

 

“Yes, why? Why did you tell me about it? Aren’t you feel of any remorse of embarrassed by reveal such secret? Aren’t you ashamed of embarrassing your father now?” he asked out his dissatisfaction.

 

A sad smile slowly formed on Sungmin’s lips.

 

“I am feeling guilty. Because of me…my father has to sacrifice many things to raise me. Because of me, he struggled hard in his life. He was willing to accept the unwanted me and treated me equally like his own. Every day, every single day, I reminded myself to be thankful to him. Because of that guilt also…I promised myself to prove that I am perfect to be his daughter. I want to make him proud.”

 

“By working at another company?” Kangin guessed.

 

Sungmin nodded, “Also by starting from the bottom.” She added.

 

Kangin stared at her, expressionless, “Why my company then?” he asked.

 

“I choose this company because it is yours, sir.” Replied Sungmin with a big smile.

 

“At first, it was my father who introduced me to this company. When I told him about my intention of working at another company, he told me to choose this company. My father, my overprotective father who never has a trust in other men around me has actually recommended your company as a first choice. I ask for a reason but he said, just have an interview with the owner first and impress him to know what he meant.”

 

“And you did.” Kangin finished off Sungmin’s story.

 

Sungmin nodding with a smile, “And I never regret for doing so. You accepted me and willing to teach me to work here. I understood that your perception about me might change after this. I will not going to complain even if you decided to not let me keep this job. I understood your reasoning. I am already grateful with the time and knowledge I gained here. It just…there’s something I want you know, sir.” Sungmin requested suddenly, turned serious.

 

“Being me, the illegitimate child is not a disease. Being me as the one abnormal in my family doesn’t mean anything difference than other people. I am just me and a normal human like everyone else. Being me will not going to change how the world sees me. But, being me is the only strength I have to live on. So, please…just let me being me.” Sungmin ended her words beautifully.

 

Kangin who has been silence listening to it, was stunned. He is drawn into Sungmin’s words and determination. He fell in love. That is how he fell in love with the girl, named, Lee Sungmin.

 

FLASHBACK END

 

Kyuhyun stared at his brother with a deep thought. Kangin already finished his flashback but he still can’t help but to think more about it.

 

“And yes, apart from Sungmin’s story, Junsu actually knew everything.” Kangin added.

 

Kyuhyun once again send into a puzzle state, “Junsu hyung? Your real PA?” he asked.

 

Kangin nodded.

 

“What about him? What did he know?”

 

“Everything. Even before Sungmin told me about her past, he actually knew everything about that girl. But he decided to keep it silence.” Kangin explained.

 

“Why didn’t he tell you?”

 

“Why? Well…his reason is quite simple actually. He said, I didn’t ask him.”

 

“Hah?” Kyuhyun mouth gaped to hear such reason.

 

Kangin chuckled by his brother’s reaction, “But it is the truth. Like it or not, I have to accept it still. He said that he tried to search a bit about Sungmin before suggesting me to hire her. It was after that, I decided to confront with Sungmin’s father, uncle Hyukjae. And I got some answers that I want from him.”

 

“About Sungmin?”

 

Kangin nodded. Kyuhyun’s expression changed again. Kangin realized how it saddened his brother.

 

“What’s wrong, Kyu? What do you think about Sungmin when you found out about this? Shock?” Kyuhyun looked at his brother and shook his head.

 

“I don’t know, hyung. It’s hard to describe. Sungmin cried and looked so scared. I want to be there by her side, but…I know I am just a friend for her. She got Siwon and her best friend, Ryeowook. It made me think abouy my position so much. I think…I regret a bit when I went to the trip.” He explained.

 

Kangin laughed. He patted the younger’s back few times, and stands up.

 

“You should have thought about this even before going, Kyuhyun. It’s too late now. But, isn’t it better this way?” his brows rose up, “The least is…you got to know Sungmin’s secret.” He said and walked away from the room.

 

Kyuhyun pouted. He doesn’t want to admit it, but Kangin’s thought somehow right on the spot. He got to know Sungmin’s biggest secret. Even though it was totally unexpected, he hoped that it will be a start of a new chapter in their life.

 

“Oh well…” he got up from the couch, “Hyung! Treat me dinner!” he yelled and he got a grumble from the man instead.

 

“No way!” he protested.

 

 

 

###################################################

 

 

 

Everything is normal in Sungmin’s life after that and times moved even faster than she thought. In a flash, the time for Ryeowook’s wedding is finally arrived. Everyone around her was busy in the preparation. Amidst all that, Eunhyuk, one of the elder in the family went to somewhere else. He arrived at one cemetery. He stares long at a grave and bowed three times, paying his respect. His gaze softened as he looked at the name of the owner.

 

“Hey aunt, good day.” He greeted.

 

“Sorry that it’s been so long since my last visit. I was busy with work and the others too. So, please don’t blame them.” He smiled at his own stupid excuses.

 

“Did you know?” he paused, “Your granddaughter is getting married tomorrow. Don’t worry, she is in a safe hand. Yesung is a good man and the kindest man that we ever known. He has helped our family a lot. You can rest assures on him. I think Ryeowook also loves the man too much. Pray for their happiness, okay? Also…Sungmin…” he trailed the word long.

 

A sigh escaped from his lips.

 

“Sungmin already got a lover on her own now, aunt.” He informed in flat voice, “Stupid me. Even without me telling, you must have seen her right?”

 

His expression turns into a sulk.

 

“I don’t like it aunt. I hate that Sungmin is no longer belongs to me only. Possessive? I think I am more to obsess about her. I don’t know why but I just don’t like her being with someone else.” he admitted.

Eunhyuk stopped and stares into space. He has never talked about his feelings before but his heart didn’t actually accept the fact that Sungmin is someone else lover. He sneered at his own thought.

 

“I’m nuts.” He mocked himself.

 

“If you are still alive now, aunt, I’m sure you’ll smack me hard on the head. And give me a nice scolding. But apparently…you are not here.” He stated the bitter truth.

 

“Ryeowook will surely going to miss you the most tomorrow, aunt. Even though there were so many years passed since you left us, your existence in our heart still remain the same. Ryeowook loves you and Sungmin also loves you. Forget about me though.” He joked.

 

“Anyway, the main reason I am here is to ask the permission from you. I want to walk Ryeowook on the aisle tomorrow. You’ll let me right?”

 

A gush of wind washed through him after the question. He smirked.

 

“I take that as a yes then.” He naturally responded to the thin air.

 

It was not uncommon for him and his family. Back in the old day, Ryeowook’s grandmother played the biggest part in their life. She was their source of love and patient. Eunhyuk has always been grateful for her kindness in accepting Sungmin. She was the one who helped Sungmin at the time Sungmin was abandoned. She was Sungmin’s parent when really needed one the most. She gave a family to both Ryeowook and Sungmin and care for them.

 

When she passed away, the girls were totally heartbroken. No one was able to comfort them except each other. He remembered the look on Sungmin’s when she saw Ryeowook cried. He saw how Sungmin acted so strong to accept the fact. Their bonding was really strong even way back then. That was the reason why he never separate Sungmin from Ryeowook. He loves them, more than a real father could do.

 

 

 

###################################################

 

 

 

Back to Sungmin’s point of view, she got a time on her own. Unlike other people’s bridal shower, Ryeowook’s one were only consist of her and her best friend, Sungmin. She had many other friends but she decided that her bachelor life should end only with Sungmin by her side. They spend a day together hand in hand and talked about many things including the memories they had together.

 

“Wookie…I really am going to miss this moment.” Sungmin said, closing her eyes and enjoying Ryeowook’s comfy lap.

 

Ryeowook laughed softly. She Sungmin’s hair with a gentle smile. She is also going to miss the same moments. Even though they can always spend time all the same after this, she knew her status as Yesung’s wife will make a difference in any way. She continued Sungmin’s hair and noticed a scar on Sungmin’s forehead. Her expression fell. The scar was not that visible compare to the first time it happened but it still hurt her heart whenever she saw it.

 

“Wookie?”

 

Ryeowook jolted from her daze by Sungmin’s touch. She blinked and realized Sungmin was staring at her, worriedly.

 

“You’re okay?”

 

She smiled by her best friend’s question, feeling touched.

 

“I’m okay, Sungminie.” She assured her.

 

Sungmin smiled brightly at her, “I love you, Wookie. So much.” She confessed, succeed in making Ryeowook laughed.

 

“I know Sungminie. I love you too.” She told the latter.

 

Sungmin closed her eyes tight and shifted closer to her best friend, hugging her.

 

“Do you think oppa will ever let me hug you like this again when we meet after you got married?” Sungmin asked even though it sounded so ridiculous.

 

“Why would he not let you?”

 

Sungmin gets up from Ryeowook’s lap and shrugged, “Well, who knows. He’s very unpredictable. We never know what will happen in the future right?” she grinned.

 

Ryeowook let out a chuckle, “Seriously Minnie, stop being ridiculous.” She gave a light flick on Sungmin’s forehead, “Oppa loves you and he knows how much you mean to me. He would never ask such thing from me. Moreover, even if he protests, I would still hug you no matter what.”

 

Sungmin gave her a lopsided grin, “True on that.” she agreed.

 

They talked more about their past and new promises they should made for the future. Both seem to don’t want the night to end at all. But, as it gets deeper in the night, a knock suddenly heard on the door.

 

“Who is it?” asked Sungmin without opening the door.

 

“Pizza delivery for Miss Lee.” A man’s voice answered from the other side.

 

Sungmin and Ryeowook looked at each other confusingly. They didn’t remember ordering any delivery or take-outs for the day. Unspoken, Ryeowook got up and went to the door. She opened it a bit and took a peak of the delivery man outside. The man wore a cap, covering up his face a little bit. Ryeowook frowned looking at him.

 

“Sorry,” she apologized, “We didn’t order anything.” She said hesitatingly.

 

“I know.” The man took off his cap and grinned widely.

 

Ryeowook was dumbstruck.

 

“Good evening!” a bunch of boys suddenly appeared by the door, greeting them.

 

Sungmin and Ryeowook were still dumbfounded. The boys marched inside the room and stood straight in one line. Each has a very charming smile that could melt away any girl’s heart.

 

“Let’s fly! B1A4! Annyeonghaseyo B1A4-inmida!” they introduced themselves in high spirit.

 

Sungmin and Ryeowook blinked. Their mouths were hung open. Their minds were still confused in processing what was happening. In slow, they turned to each other again.

 

A wide smile bloomed, “AHHHH!!!” and they screamed on top of their lung.

 

Excited? No, beyond excitement. It is their favorite idol group, standing in front of them. Someone who is name secluded, has purposely invited the group as a special gift to spice up their little occasion.

 

Kling

 

Two champagne glasses chimed to each other. Two ladies were also enjoying their night not far from Sungmin and Ryeowook’s. They smirked after they heard the loud scream, knowing exactly their plan was a success.

 

“A toast for our girls.” Heechul said.

 

“And a toast for our future.” Donghae added and they take a sip of the drink, smirking.

 

It was Heechul and Donghae who prepared the special event for their daughters. They knew how much the girls fantasizing over the idol so much. They only make their dream come true. And that was why they pulled some connection here and there to invite the special idol.

 

With that, the night that was planned to be two girls bonding turned to be a mini concert instead. Sungmin and Ryeowook were totally enjoying themselves to the fullest that night. Not a single chance was to be slip away from creating memories with their idol. For sure, they had the nicest sleep and sweetest dream ever.

 

On the next day, morning came with the sound of birds chirping by the window. Ryeowook slowly opened up her eyes. She felt a warm hand hugging her and when she turned, a smile flowered on her lips. Sungmin was sleeping beside her and she was more than just happy. She stares at the sleeping angel long, enticing the moment into her mind. She pulled her hand slowly and traced her finger on Sungmin’s face.

 

Your eyes, your nose and your lips. Everything was very beautiful. She praised. Whoever have you one day, will be very lucky. He will have the perfect angel. I love you, Sungminie.

 

She planted a long kiss on Sungmin’s forehead feeling contented just to be next to her. Her life will change starting from today. She prayed that even with everything change one day, her relationship with Sungmin will always detained. Forever.

 

After that, the last preparation for Ryeowook’s wedding immediately commenced very early in the morning. There are still lots to do and Sungmin was the busiest among of all people. She went around here and there in making sure everything went smoothly. Soon after, it was almost time. Ryeowook waited alone inside the bride’s room with butterflies in her stomach. Her hands were already cold by the nervousness.

 

She heard the sound of knocking door suddenly.

 

“Come in.” she invited.

 

The door creaked open in slow motion. Eunhyuk’s face appeared, grinning with his lopsided smile.

 

“Hyuk-appa.” Ryeowook called softly the said person.

 

Eunhyuk was so proud. His ‘daughter’ is looking extremely beautiful. He walked inside the room and went closer towards Ryeowook.

 

“How’s your bridal shower? Was it okay? I was not here last night. Your mother threw me out of the house actually.” He asked and took a chair before he sat right in front of her.

 

“It was fun.” Ryeowook answered short.

 

“Fun? Your Hae-umma didn’t give you any weird gift right?” Ryeowook shook her head, “I was so afraid when I heard she and Heechul created a truce to give you a ‘special’ gift. It scares me just to think about it.” He shivered just by the thought.

 

Ryeowook laughed by Eunhyuk’s statement. She knew he didn’t actually mean what he said. Though at first, she admitted that she was really shock by the gift presented but it was the best. Ryeowook sighed faintly and Eunhyuk noticed it.

 

“Nervous?”

 

Ryeowook smiled awkwardly and nodded.

 

“A bit.” She replied.

 

Eunhyuk chuckled.

 

“Here. Let me give you some strength.” He took Ryeowook’s hand into his and squeezed it tight.

 

Ryeowook instinctively smile by the affection. It does give her some strength. She was forever grateful to get to know Sungmin and the family. They have helped her a lot in her life’s journey. Truly, if only she was alone, she would not be this happy.

 

“Feeling better?”

 

Ryeowook nodded slightly.

 

“Thank you…” she thanked the elder.

 

Eunhyuk smiled watching the happiness shown on Ryeowook’s face. His hand unconsciously reached for her cheeks and it gently.

 

“You will belong to someone else from now on. You will no longer be my other baby girl after this.” He stated in a flat voice, “I can’t believe that time flies so fast.”

 

Ryeowook smiled, “I will still live in Korea, Hyuk-appa. Nothing gonna change much. I promised Sungmin to never leave her, right?” explained Ryeowook to ease his worry.

 

Eunhyuk laughed softly.

 

“Yeah, you’re right on that.” he said, patting Ryeowook on the head.

 

Ryeowook smile widely. She was really proud that she got Eunhyuk as her ‘father’. His gentleness has never failed to make her feels loved.

 

“Ah, Hyuk-appa, grandma came to me in the dream last night.” Ryeowook suddenly informed, smiling sincerely, “She said…she was happy that I am getting married. She told me that she was glad that I have you and the family with me. She has no worries, she said. I was so happy meeting her. Though it was just a dream, I was still very happy.”

 

Eunhyuk blinked, render rather speechless by what just been told to him. He smirked.

 

Thanks aunt. He thanked mentally.

 

“Thanks to you too, Hyuk-appa.” Ryeowook smiled, voice a little touch, “I was really thankful that you arrived in my life and accepted me just the way I am. Thank you for everything that you did to me. Nothing can compare to what have you done to me. And thank you…thank you for willing to be my father…” her gazes lowered to the floor.

 

Tears were already glistening in her eyes. She didn’t understand why she must felt sad. A warmth hand cupped her cheeks gently. She opened her eyes to meet up with Eunhyuk’s gummy smile. Eunhyuk wipes away the unseen tears from her.

 

“You’re my daughter, Ryeowook. Even though you are a ‘Kim’, you are the daughter of ‘Lee’ family, my daughter, Donghae’s daughter and Sungjin’s sister. Most importantly, you are Sungmin’s other half. It has always been that since before, now and will always be. Nothing can change that.” he explained long, “I love you, my baby giraffe.” He confessed and Ryeowook’s heart could have never been better.

 

She embraced Eunhyuk firmly, enjoying the father and daughter moment. She really loves the Lee family.

 

“Come on now, the bride shouldn’t be sad.” He told the latter.

 

Ryeowook nodded eagerly and smiled as bright as she could. Eunhyuk gave his hand to which she accepted willingly. Holding his arms tight, all nervousness slowly went away.

 

“The wedding is on.” Eunhyuk announced and they marched out towards the aisle.

 

 

 

TBC