I LOVE YOU TOO CHAPTER 35

I Love You Too

 

CHAPTER 35

 

~~FEW DAYS LATER~~

 

“Cruise? 3 days on the cruise?” Ryeowook repeated again what has been told by Sungmin in surprise.

 

Sungmin nods slowly. She feels depressed just to remember the request from her boyfriend. There’s a reason to why she didn’t like the idea of going out cruising in the first place. She knows that Ryeowook understand her more than anyone else, that’s why she told her about her concern that moment.

 

“Are you sure about that, Sungmin? Will you be alright?” her best friend worriedly asks.

 

“I don’t know Wookie. I don’t even know how to react when he invited me. I want to decline, but he seems so happy and excited. I… I don’t have the heart to hurt his feeling.”

 

“Then, tell him the truth.”

 

“Wookie!” Sungmin protested.

 

“What? You should just told Siwon the truth that you are phobia of the ship or anything moves on the sea. It’s about time that he knows. Just tell him the truth about your past.” Ryeowook forced, she holds both of Sungmin’s shoulder to make her face the reality.

 

“I can’t… I can’t do that! You know it!”

 

Sungmin avoids the stare from her and refused to do as she said.

 

“I know. But why Sungmin?”

 

Sungmin tensed by that sudden question.

 

“He will know about it sooner or later. I don’t want it to get worse when he found out. I don’t want him to hurt you if he knew about it from someone else.” Ryeowook advised.

 

“You know me better than anyone else Wookie. So…” Sungmin’s voice flattened with her statement.

 

Ryeowook sighs, and pulls Sungmin into her embrace. By the time she hugs her, she regrets a bit with what she said. She could feel that Sungmin’s body trembles a little after that question.

 

“Everything will be alright.” She tightened the hug on Sungmin’s body to calm her down, “And, I’m sorry.” She apologized, closing her eyes with Sungmin holding her even tighter.

 

 

/////

 

 

Sungmin persuaded Ryeowook to accompany her in the vacation. Even without her persuading, Ryeowook will still follow. She also insisted that her lover to tag along, in case is there’s something happened. True, it’s a cruise and many other people are there but only she and her lover knew how much it scares Sungmin.

 

A week later, after all the preparation, the time scheduled for the trip finally arrived. Without plan, Kyuhyun who heard about the trip also offered himself to go. It’s weird but no one questioned much about it. All the other participants for the cruise meet up with each other at the harbor. Sungmin arrived with Siwon and to her surprise, Kyuhyun didn’t come alone as she expected.

 

There’s a y girl, wearing a very short mini skirt and a sleeveless blouse standing next to Kyuhyun. The girl was hugging Kyuhyun’s arm tight, letting her ies touches Kyuhyun on purpose. Sungmin stared at them wide, couldn’t believe herself especially at the part where Kyuhyun introduce the girl to the others.

 

“This is my partner.” Kyuhyun introduced.

 

“Hello, I’m Yoona.” The girl shakes hand with Sungmin and her companions.

 

“Hi, I’m Siwon and this is my girlfriend, Lee Sungmin. I’m happy that you could join us for the cruise, Yoona-ssi.” Siwon said to the girl, while Sungmin standing next to him, smiling at her.

 

“Thank to you for the invitation. Me and my boyfriend really need this vacation, right babe?” Yoona casually kiss Kyuhyun in front of everyone.

 

Kyuhyun stares at Sungmin to search for any expression but he finds nothing.  Sungmin looks extremely okay with Yoona openly flirting with him in front of her. Sungmin just smiles at him, just what she did usually.

 

“That’s great for you, Kyu.” Sungmin congratulates, “You will not be alone then.” She adds.

 

“Is everyone present now?” Siwon asks, while doing some head checking to the people that he invites.

 

He nods his head after that satisfied that all has arrived on time.

 

“Let’s get going, oppa.” Sungmin said to Siwon.

 

“We should.” Siwon replied to her sweetly and they start walking in front follows by other people.

 

“Let’s go!” Yoona pulls Kyuhyun into the ship excitedly.

 

Kyuhyun nods his head absentmindedly to Yoona. His mind is actually drifting elsewhere. He didn’t even have the intention of going together with Sungmin on the cruise. But, his heart wants to make sure on something. He wants to make sure that Siwon is truly the right person for Sungmin. 

 

 

/////

 

 

Sungmin’s clenches her hand tight to each other. She is now standing straight on the center of her room and has been glue to it ever since she stepped into the room. Her eyes are staring at the window, a meter away from her. For a normal person, it is the best to see the scenery from the window, but for her, just to stand there already consumes lots of courage. Flashes of memories come right through her mind. She closes her eyes, trying to erase it away.

 

“Hey.” Siwon sneaked from behind and give her a back-hug.

 

Sungmin tensed at first but she calms down almost immediately soon after. She leans more to the warmth, trying to ease the tense.

 

“What are you doing?” Siwon asked.

 

Sungmin chuckled by that obvious question, “Nothing. I just remember few things. The sea is beautiful, right?” Sungmin changed the topic.

 

Siwon hums and hugs Sungmin even more, enjoying the moment. Sungmin just smiles as she allows her boyfriend to do so.

 

“Sungmin…” Siwon whined, “Why do you need to sleep with Ryeowook?” he asked the question that he kept ever since.

 

“Why can’t we share the room together? Only the two of us?” he sulked.

 

Sungmin smiled thinly. Slowly, she entangles the hand that hugging her and turns to face to face with her boyfriend. She could see in his face that he is unsatisfied with her decision. Siwon pouts even more when Sungmin just stare at him. Sungmin smiles at him as she holds Siwon’s face between her hands and planted a quick kiss on that pouting lip. She wrapped her hands on Siwon’s neck and Siwon hold her closer to himself with both of his hands hugging Sungmin’s waist. They stare into each other’s eyes lovingly.

 

“We have discussed about this right?” Sungmin spoke, after a long silent.

 

“I know we did. But…” Sungmin puts her finger on Siwon’s lips to stop him from continuing.

 

“You made a promise with me, remember?” she said.

 

Promise. That stupid promise. Siwon scolded himself.

 

Siwon moped even more every time he remembered that promise.

 

Yes, to make Sungmin actually agrees with his plan to go for a holiday with him, Siwon has to agree with the promise to Sungmin that she can bring her friends. That request is okay but, it hurts his feeling when Sungmin adds to the request to have a different room on her own. Of course Siwon rejected the suggestion. They’re supposed to be a couple. And, a couple which is in love ought to stay in the same room. When he objects, they had a fight and Sungmin starts to ignore him. In the end, he has to surrender. Furthermore, he knew he couldn’t say no to Sungmin whenever she made that pleading looks. He knows that he agrees, but he regrets it as soon as they board the ship.

 

Siwon sighed dejectedly.

 

“I could never say no against you right?” he said admitted but still so frustrated.

 

“Sorry oppa.” Sungmin looked at him apologetically.

 

Siwon fake an angry stare at her.

 

“A kiss?” He pointed on his lips cutely.

 

Sungmin giggles by that cute request. Slowly, Sungmin moves closer to Siwon and closes the gap between them as their lips touch. They share a sweet kiss with each other, cherishing the happy moment with just the two of them. It just a simple kiss, but it is enough to make them very happy.

 

Their first day of the cruise started by eating lunch together while talking some random stuffs. Siwon then excused him and Sungmin and gladly offered himself to be the guide-tour for the cruise. He took Sungmin around the ship and introduced her to the beauty of blue sea. They really are having fun with each other.

 

On the same night, a special event was prepared by the trip’s producer as a welcome to the guest on the cruise. The men once again mesmerized by the beauty of each of their partner upon arriving at the venue hall. Siwon didn’t stop smiling proudly with the jealousy from the other men that drooling over Sungmin’s beauty. But of course, he kept his hand full protecting Sungmin from those wolves.

 

“Sungminie, are you okay?” Ryeowook asked, in worried tone.

 

Sungmin nodded faintly.

 

“Still fine.”

 

“Tell me if there’s anything okay? Don’t keep it in your heart. If you scare, let’s just go back to the room.”

 

“Wookie, I’m fine.” She assured her best friend, “I listened to music whenever I walked alone and here, the music played is a lot louder than that ‘sound’. So, it’s okay. I will surely tell you if there’s something I feel, okay?” she explained long.

 

Ryeowook stares at her and nodded faintly.

 

“I’m just worried.” She said.

 

Sungmin smiled by the concern.

 

“I know. And I thanked you for that.” She hugged her loosely.

 

They smile at each other and came Siwon interrupting.

 

“Pasta?” he offered the plate to Sungmin, to which she nodded eagerly, “I can get you something else if you want.”

 

“No, oppa this is enough. Come sit and eat.” Sungmin insisted and pulled him beside her.

 

“Such a grand occasion. They even give some cards. Did you know what is it for, Siwon-ssi?” Yoona asked out of curiosity.

 

“Ah, it’s the wife’s owner’s birthday I think. I heard that they always celebrated it on the sea, as the reminded of their love story something.” Replied Siwon, “But, you said card right? What is it for?”

 

“Oh, did you mean this?” Sungmin showed a card that has number written on it.

 

Yoona nodded approvingly.

 

“It has numbers on it too. Do you it has some sort of meaning?”

 

Siwon shook his head.

 

“I’m not sure about that. Well, they always have something surprised to show. Maybe there’s some lottery given later.” He joked.

 

Sungmin laughed softly at Siwon’s joke.

 

“Fellow guests and friends, please come forward.” The MC started and some of the guests walked closer to the stage.

 

“In accordance with tradition, for this year’s birthday party, we’d like to have Mrs Jung and Young master Jeonghan to come forward for the first dance.”

 

“Wait,” the said producer stopped the MC before she continued more.

 

She took the mic and smiled widely, “For today’s special occasion, I would like to change the tradition a little bit. Instead of me dancing with my son, I want to give this opportunity all the beautiful ladies here.” She presented her hands and received huge applauds from the audience, “And the lucky number is…” she holds out her hand to pick up a card number in one big bowl.

 

“Number 37. Please come forward.” She announced.

 

People murmurs were heard inside the hall after the announcement. Every girl looked at their card respectively. But, the lucky one turned out to be…Sungmin.

 

“You’re the lucky one.” Yoona exclaimed aloud and all attention immediately focused on her.

 

Sungmin instantly shuttered by the sudden attention.

 

“I…I was…”

 

The said producer and her son reached Sungmin’s table in grand entrance. Every eye was still looking.

 

“Are you the lucky girl?” the woman politely asked to which Sungmin nodded reluctantly, “Good! Such a beauty! My son is very lucky!” she claimed aloud.

 

“Ah, ma’am…I am…”

 

“Mom, calm down. She already has a boyfriend. Look beside her.” her son stated the truth and drastically make her mood down.

 

“You…did?”

 

Sungmin nodded hesitantly, “I’m sorry.”

 

“No, I am sorry. But, please spare my feelings.” She holds both Sungmin’s hands, “Please dance with my son. Can I borrow your girlfriend for my son for a dance? Please?” she pleaded to Sungmin and Siwon.

 

“Err…can I, oppa?” Sungmin turned to him for the permission.

 

“Well, it’s just a dance, right? I guess it’s okay.” Siwon agreed with heavy heart.

 

The mother beamed excitedly.

 

“Thank you! I’ll owe you one.” She pulled Sungmin and pushed her to her son lightly.

 

Sungmin and the son looked at each other before they both bowed slightly.

 

“May I?” he extended his hand and the song play echoed inside the hall.

 

Siwon and the others watched blankly as the man pulled Sungmin to dance in the middle of the attention.

 

“Your girlfriend is really beautiful, young man.” The mother praised.

 

Siwon’s heart flowered by the compliment. Even though he is jealous as hell, he can’t help but to feels proud to have Sungmin as his girlfriend. Sungmin on the other hand, was so nervous dancing and being the attention of all people there. The son noticed it and smiled in amusement.

 

“Nervous?”

 

“Ah…ah…quite…nervous…” replied Sungmin timidly, glancing around the hall.

 

He laughed softly, “Here.” He gripped Sungmin’s hand tighter and pulled her closer to himself.

 

Sungmin was shocked but surprisingly, his warmth calms her a bit.

 

“I’m sorry with my mother’s attitude.” He apologized, “She was just being nuts.” He stated, didn’t feel any remorse at all in his words.

 

Sungmin chuckled lightly, “It’s okay, I think. I just hope my boyfriend will not get jealous much.”

 

The man looked at Sungmin’s boyfriend and realized that they were being watched closely. He also can sense another pair of eyes, firing at him. He smirked.

 

“You’re special.” He blurted his mind.

 

“Eh? What do you mean?” asked Sungmin obviously confused.

 

He shook his head, “No, it’s nothing. You really are loved, miss…?”

 

“Sungmin.” Sungmin finished his sentence, “My name is Lee Sungmin.” she added.

 

“Nice to meet you, miss Sungmin. I’m Jeonghan. I hope you have a nice stay in here. And I promise I will pay you somehow for this dance.” He swore.

 

Sungmin just smile back at him. They had a small talk with each other. The dance also continued in slow motion after that but not for so long. Siwon came into their conversation, in just the right moment.

 

“Sorry…can I ask for my girlfriend back?” he awkwardly asked even though he has the right to do so.

 

Jeonghan smiled at him.

 

“Yes, you may. I’m sorry for taking her so long.” With that Sungmin’s hand exchanged back into Siwon’s arms.

 

A bright smile spread on Sungmin when she was clearly in Siwon’s. Jeonghan watched her from afar while pulling his mother back to their table. Truthfully, he felt some spark when he danced with Sungmin just now. He didn’t understand the feelings but he felt familiar with Sungmin, like he already knew her somewhere. But, he shrugged it away thinking that it might be just his imagination.

 

Ryeowook at the table was staring at the couple long and didn’t even realize her lover already seated beside her.

 

“Wookie, are you okay?” he asked, waking her from her trance.

 

Ryeowook turned to him and nodded, “I’m just worry about this whole stuff oppa. I don’t know why I got this bad feelings linger in my mind so much. Will everything truly be okay?” she asked.

 

“Hey,” Yesung touched her cheek gently, “If anything ever happen, we are here okay? Rest assured. You are not alone and Sungmin is especially. This is a good start right? Sungmin also has been smiling a lot. Isn’t it better than anything else?”

 

Ryeowook stares and slowly nodded with a thin smile. She’s really glad that her lover is there by her side. Truly, when she turned to look at Sungmin, she seems happier than her normal self. Siwon did change lots of things in Sungmin. She is happy for her, but the trip was still a concern for her. She just didn’t feel right. Especially, by the glare from Yoona and stare that was given by Kyuhyun. Both of them look like they have something in their mind. And she didn’t like the thought at all.

 

“Hey Kyu…” Yoona came closer towards Kyuhyun, “What’s with the frown, babe? Aren’t you happy?” she caressed Kyuhyun’s hair soflty.

 

Kyuhyun groaned and pushed the hand away.

 

“Stop it Yoona. I don’t like it.” he said which in turn make Yoona frown instead.

 

She scoffed, “I don’t like it? Just what is wrong with you Kyu? We’re supposed to be happy here, not the other way around. That’s why you invited me to come here, right?”

 

Kyuhyun sighed.

 

“Look Yoona, I’m sorry to offend you, but we have nothing to do with each other. So, I hope…”

 

“Yeah, yeah I know. You don’t have to repeat yourself.” Yoona cuts him off, “I’m just trying to cheer you up. Fool.” She mumbled under her breath, annoyed.

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes narrowed by the statement. He really didn’t want to create any fuss there.

 

“Come on.” He holds Yoona’s hand, “I’ll accompany you for a dance.” And he pulled the girl to the dance floor.

 

Yoona smile victoriously. She clings closer to Kyuhyun and making a claim of him in front of everyone. She knew Kyuhyun’s eyes were looking at someone else and she can clearly see who that someone is. But, she just didn’t care. As long as Kyuhyun is still his, she will make sure that no one interrupts them.

 

 

/////

 

 

“Sungmin.”

 

Sungmin’s head turn up by the call and her eyes widened to see Kyuhyun.

 

“What are you doing here? Where’s Siwon?” he asked, as soon as he reaches her.

 

“In the room.”

 

“And you?”

 

“Here.”

 

Kyuhyun look at her disbelieved by Sungmin’s casual answers.

 

“I know that you are here, Sungmin. I’m standing here too right? I’m just asking why are you, here, alone?” Kyuhyun asked her, straight to the point.

 

“Oh, that.” Sungmin fidgeted her hands, “I’m looking for my I-pod. Somehow, it went missing after I left the dining room. I couldn’t find it anywhere.”

 

“Ryeowook?”

 

“She’s talking with Yeye-oppa in the room. It’s been long since they went for a vacation together. So, I thought that…maybe I leave them alone for a moment of happiness.” She gave Kyuhyun a lopsided grin.

 

Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes, “That’s the main reason why you are here alone in the first place right?” he remarked.

 

Sungmin laughed awkwardly by the comment. It is the truth after all.

 

“What about you, Kyu?” Sungmin turned the question back at him, “It’s late. What are you doing here alone? Aren’t you scared?”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled.

 

“Scared? Are you asking me or yourself Sungmin?” Kyuhyun mocked.

 

Sungmin pouted.

 

“Well…I’m just wondering…”

 

“It’s nothing. I’m just taking a fresh air outside. Come on, let’s go.” Suddenly Kyuhyun told Sungmin.

 

“Come? To where?”

 

Kyuhyun sighed, “You said just now you lost your I-pod right? Let’s look for it together.” He told her and walked in front without waiting for Sungmin.

 

Sungmin blinked few times before she beamed after a short while. She skipped towards the man and stands beside Kyuhyun. They talked and searched for Sungmin’s precious thing together for the night.

 

 

 

TBC