I LOVE YOU TOO CHAPTER 25

I Love You Too

 

 

A/n: It’s been raining and getting colder now…feels like sleeping so much >_< sorry for updating so late too…

CHAPTER 25

 

It was a fine day. The sun is shining bright but not too hot. There’s a woman in late 20s walked inside Sakura’s Cafe gracefully. She took off her black sunglasses and scanned her eyes around the shop.

 

“Welcome.” Ryeowook welcomed the customer politely with a warm smile.

 

That woman turned to Ryeowook at the counter with smug face. And just before Ryeowook got to make any bad impression on her, her expression changed again drastically upon seeing the varieties of sweets through the glass counter.

 

“Cake!” she screamed excitedly, ran towards the counter.

 

Ryeowook frown. She blinked her eyes few times, to wake up from the trance whether she is seeing the same person in front of her or not, because she is extremely different. Truth to be told, she’s a bit amuse by the woman’s unexpected mood change. But then, she shakes off the strange thought of the customer and served her with the sweetest smile ever. It is the cafe’s policy and also a common manner.

 

“Yes, miss. What can I help you with?” she asked politely.

 

“Oh, which cake is the most delicious one here?” she gives Ryeowook the question instead.

 

Ryeowook hummed, making a thinking face but still with a smile, “It’s hard to say which is the best in here because everything is delicious. But, I would like to recommend…” she squatted down and take out a slice of cake, “This chocolate cake.” She finished the sentence.

 

The customer frowned confusingly.

 

“Chocolate cake? It looks very normal to me.”

 

Ryeowook chuckles, “It might seem normal from the outside, but I assure you that it will melt you because it’s very moist and full of chocolate. Also, this is our best patisserie fusion dessert.” She introduced, purposely makes it sound delicious to the ear listening.

 

The customer’s eyes beamed after the description. And it clearly showed that Ryeowook has succeeded in the marketing.

 

“I’ll take that one!” she decided.

 

“I’ll pack it for you right away.”

 

“Ah, wait.” She stopped the hand before Ryeowook manages to do anything.

 

“Why miss? Is there something wrong?” Ryeowook asked confusingly, a bit startled by the sudden request.

 

“Well…” her face changed again, as she seriously thinking and she suddenly smiles again, “I think I’ll just eat here!” she announced happily.

 

Ryeowook gaped.

 

“Make me a hot cocoa too. I’ll be waiting at…that table.” She pointed and Ryeowook absentmindedly nodded, still in daze.

 

The woman smiles at her and turned quickly to her seat but suddenly someone bumped at her.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry!” they apologize together at the same time.

 

“Are you okay, miss? I’m very sorry.”

 

That person is the owner of the café, Lee Sungmin. She has just arrived at the café when she accidentally bumped into the customer. She was worried and really sorry especially with the part that the woman is actually pregnant.

 

“No, I’m okay, perfectly fine.” The customer assured.

 

They turned up to look at each other’s face and stunned.

 

“Seohyun?!”    “Sungminie?!”

 

“What are you doing here?!” they asked in sync.

 

Ryeowook by the counter blinked in puzzled by the incident. It turns out that the customer is in fact Sungmin’s friend.

 

/////

 

“So…” Seohyun trails her word, smirking at Sungmin mischievously, “What had you been doing now? It’s been years I didn’t hear a thing about you, you know.” She starts.

 

Sungmin smiles by the question, “I’m working, Hyun. As usual. You?”

 

“Me? I’m working from home. But, more to housewife though. I have to be loyal to my husband.” She exclaimed proudly.

 

“Weird.” Sungmin remarked with a chuckles.

 

“Eh? What weird?”

 

“You are.” Seohyun frowned by the reply.

 

“Yeah, you’re known to be such a fashionista and the most glamorous girl in college. But now…you’re married, a housewife and pregnant on top of that. Really wow.” Sungmin told her, amazed.

 

Seohyun laughed at Sungmin’s explanation, “Unbelievable right?”

 

Sungmin agreed and they laughed together.

 

“Anyway, this is really a surprise. How many months are you now?” Sungmin asked, referring to the baby bump that clearly visible through her dress.

 

Seohyun giggles happily by the question, “Nine.” She answered, rubbing the bulge gently.

 

“Ooo nine---wait what?!” Sungmin shouted out of shock with the realization.

 

“OMO! You scared me!” Seohyun said, flinched by the sudden shout.

 

“I scared you?! You scared me! What are you doing walking around like this when you’re already almost due?! Did you even drive here?” she nagged, raising her voice a bit.

 

“Of course I drive.”

 

“Seohyun!” Sungmin protested even more.

 

“Sungmin!”

 

“How can you…”

 

“Calm down, Ming. I’m perfectly fine.” She cuts her off.

 

Sungmin gapes staring at her. Seohyun gave her a grin, a sign she’s doing just fine. She let out a deep sigh. She can’t believe that her friend in front of her that moment is almost due, especially when Seohyun looks extremely calm and happy eating her cake like nothing else is matter for her.

 

“When is your due anyway?”

 

“Well…” she trails while thinking, “It was supposed to be in few days, but I already forget about it.”

 

“Forget?” Sungmin mocks.

 

“Oh, hush Sungmin, don’t be such a joy-killer. Everything is perfectly okay. My OB already confirmed that everything is okay as long as I’m healthy and the baby is doing fine.” She smugly said, eating the cake and moaned deliciously.

 

Sungmin sighs again but relieved this time. She smiles at her.

 

“You really never change, Hyun. Still the same old diva I knew.”

 

“Hey…”

 

“And a cake freak.” Sungmin added and they laugh together.

 

“You can’t blame me alone though on that cake freak part. I don’t even know what’s gotten into me but ever since I got pregnant, I kept craving for cake more and more. I guess the baby inherit my trait even before she is born.” Seohyun complained but still eating and rubbing her belly at the same time.

 

Sungmin chuckles to hear the nag. She shakes her head but she’s happy. They continue talking about the memories and what has passed in those years. Sungmin still can’t believe that she got to meet with Seohyun of all people from her university. Truth to be told, she’s didn’t want to meet her. She never hates Seohyun and in fact they are good friend with each other. It just that…Seohyun is Kyuhyun’s girlfriend. She’s the lover that Kyuhyun keep on hiding before and the reason why she decided to disappear herself from everyone else. The reason why she was so scared of loving someone again.

 

“So, can you tell me how did you become like this? You do know we graduated not too long ago.” Sungmin asked, starting another topic.

 

Seohyun giggles, “Love is blind Sungmin.” she commented.

 

“Yeah, love is blind. I know, Hyun. But, on the day we graduated, you were…with…you know…”

 

“Kyuhyun?” Seohyun finished off Sungmin sentence.

 

Sungmin nodded her head faintly. Seohyun smiles thinly at her. She has expected that question from Sungmin. She knew something that Sungmin didn’t know after all.

 

“We broke up not too long after that, Ming.” Seohyun replied her, which Sungmin turned to look at her, surprised.

 

“Wh…Why?”

 

Seohyun shrugged.

 

“I don’t understand too. We slowly became apart from each other. He said he was fine but I can see that he’s hiding his problem from me. He didn’t talk much to me and just let me ponder the problem in our relationship alone. After so long, I think it was the first time I feel that there are no chemistry between us. Kyuhyun changed in some way.”

 

He changed after you left us, Sungmin.

 

Seohyun kept the remaining answer to herself.

 

Sungmin blinks, didn’t quiet understand and thought for that answer from Seohyun.

 

“But, it was all good now. I found my husband very soon after that and we accidentally did something and I got myself pregnant.”

 

“You’re not married?”

 

“Nonsense! I’m married okay!” Seohyun dissatisfiedly said showing her the ring she wore on her left finger, “I’m just fast in making baby that’s all.”

 

Sungmin laughed at the statement. She just says it as a joke but Seohyun unpredictable mood, take it seriously. Seohhyun puffed her cheeks big showing her protest.

 

“Hahaha…I’m sorry Hyun. I really didn’t mean to make you angry.”

 

Seohyun ‘hmph’ against her, still angry at the joke.

 

“I’ll bake you the best of the best wedding cake ever as a present.” Sungmin make an agreement.

 

Seohyun pouted, glancing at her with the corner of her eyes while thinking, “That and also a special birthday cake for my upcoming baby.” She threatened.

 

Sungmin laughs even more.

 

“Okay, anything for you, Hyun. I promise.” She promised, raising her hand to seal the promise.

 

And finally Seohyun smile happily. She then continued to eat her cake.

 

Sungmin also joined her in eating. It’s a lie to say that she isn’t happy to meet with Seohyun again. But, she was more shocked than happy. All is for the better now. Even if Seohyun is no longer Kyuhyun’s girlfriend, she remained as her friend.

 

“Sungminie.” Ryeowook came to their table, smiling apologetically for intruding, “Sorry that I have to interrupt, but Sungmin…I need you by the counter. There’s a customer wanting to meet you.” Ryeowook informed.

 

“Ah, really. You go first, I’ll be right behind.”

 

Ryeowook nodded and give Seohyun a last smile before she left the table, back to the counter again.

 

“Hyun, I’m sorry.”

 

“No, it’s okay. I’ll be just here eating my cake.”

 

Sungmin laughed with the understanding, “Just call for my worker if you need anything. Don’t move too much, okay?” She reminded and quickly followed Ryeowook after a nod from Seohyun.

 

Seohyun watched as Sungmin’s figure moves fast to the counter and how professional she looked as she talks to the new customer. Unconsciously, a small smile formed on her lips. She herself never expected to meet Sungmin again after the separation. She and Sungmin was not enemy or good friend to begin with. They got to know each other only because of Kyuhyun’s introduction and also because they are in the same course. She didn’t believe at first when Kyuhyun said he and Sungmin is just best friend. They often argue with each other about Kyuhyun’s attention to Sungmin. Which girlfriend would not become jealous if your own boyfriend cares about other girl so much? She knew she was.

 

She was jealous and even thought of hating Sungmin. But, at that time she didn’t even know that Sungmin didn’t have a clue about her and Kyuhyun’s relationship. Kyuhyun confessed to her and she was happy when they were together. Furthermore, she also knew that Kyuhun and Sungmin were best friends and really good at taking care of each other. Everyone at college saw how close their friendship is. But, she and the others never really see the truth behind the relationship.

 

They failed to see the difference of smile and how they look at each other. She failed to see the love that Sungmin had for Kyuhyun is far greater than her feeling was. She feels guilty the most on the graduation day when Kyuhyun, she and Sungmin met with each other. She can sense the feint of hurt on Sungmin’s face when Kyuhyun told her that they are still together. Betrayed. She can almost feel the pain which Sungmin tried to hide it completely. She’s a woman too. So, the least, she could understand what other woman feels, especially when that person is also her friend.

 

Now, seeing that Sungmin is still the same Sungmin that she knew, Seohyun feels thankful. She can’t describe how guilty she feels back then when Sungmin’s eyes watered as she left the venue. Always, she prayed for Sungmin to actually find her own happiness. With the smile and expression that Sungmin gave, she knew that Sungmin did find her happiness. If only Kyuhyun is…

 

“Ah!” Seohyun screamed a bit.

 

Out of sudden, she feels a pain throb on her lower region. Nervously, she looked down from her eye level to her dress and gulped.

 

Oh no.

 

“Hyun! Are you okay?” Sungmin came running towards her.

 

“Err…Ming…” She smiles sheepishly.

 

“Yes?” Sungmin waits, strangely she feels weird by Seohyun’s smile.

 

“Will you calm down…if I say…that my water…broke?”

 

“WHAT?!”

 

And Sungmin panicked for sure. She looked down under the table and could clearly see water dripping from Seohyun’s chair. Everyone who heard her voice just now, turned their attention to her, curious with what is happening.

 

“Hyun! We need to bring you to the hospital!”

 

“I know! It’s just…ah!” Seohyun once again winced in pain by the contraction, “It hurts Ming!”

 

“What should I do then?!” Sungmin was in absolute panic mode now.

 

She starts running to the counter to inform Ryeowook and in fast mode back to Seohyun’s side again. But, in truth, she just didn’t exactly know what she should do in that situation. After that, finally everyone in the café found out about Seohyun who is about to give birth. They come to help but Seohyun’s scream scared all of them away leaving to only Sungmin and Ryeowook by the side. At the exact time, there’s not even one single male available to help them. Well, it was not until one finally appears by the door.

 

“Hey Sungmin…”

 

“KYUHYUN! HELP US!”

 

“Wh..what?”

 

“Seohyun is giving birth!!”

 

“WHAT?! SEOHYUN?!”

 

“Ahhh!!! I want my husband!!” Seohyun yelled loudly, frustrated.

 

In a split of second, Seohyun was brought into Kyuhyun’s car, since his was the closest. It was difficult since Seohyun couldn’t walk properly by the pain of contraction that she felt and also because she kept screaming looking for her husband. Even in the car Seohyun kept screaming. Sungminn fast grabbed her phone and gave it to Seohyun to make a quick call to her husband. And of course, with just one scream from Seohyun, the husband was already in big rush.

 

“Ahhh! It hurts!!” Seohyun cried, holding tight on Sungmin’s hand by the side.

 

“Shh…just hold on, Hyun. It will be alright.” Sungmin said, tried her very best to comfort the lady in pain, “Kyu! Hurry up!” she ordered to Kyuhyun, really panic.

 

“I AM HURRYING!” Kyuhyun retorted back.

 

 

TBC