I LOVE YOU TOO CHAPTER 39

I Love You Too

 

CHAPTER 39

 

Kyuhyun walked inside the hall and immediately roamed looking for someone he knew. He felt a tap on the shoulder. When he turned, he came into Yesung’s face, smiling his proud smile.

 

“Thanks for coming.” Yesung and he shook hand with each other.

 

“Congratulations to you, hyung. I wish for a happy future for you and Ryeowook.” he wished the man sincerely.

 

Yesung grinned, “Thanks. Where are the others?” asked Yesung noticing Kyuhyun was alone.

 

“They’re with my hyung. They are probably on the way.” Kyuhyun replied, “Err hyung…Sungmin is…”

 

A chuckled erupted from Yesung, “She’s over there.” He pointed at one corner not too far from the stage, “She’s getting ready.”

 

“Oh…I better show myself to her first.”

 

“Yeah, go on.”

 

With that, Kyuhyun excused himself and took big steps towards Sungmin. He sneaked behind Sungmin cautiously and succeeds in surprising the girl.

 

“Kyuhyun!” protested Sungmin with a hit on his arms.

 

Kyuhyun laughed it off. Sungmin scoffed unsatisfyingly.

 

“Sorry Ming. I just want to ease your stress a little bit. You look so tense.” He joked, patting Sungmin’s head affectionately.

 

Sungmin angrily pushed the hand away, “I’m not a kid.” She warned.

 

“Hehehe…I perfectly can see that now.” He teased for more.

 

“Yah!”

 

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry.” Kyuhyun was quick to apologize before Sungmin lose her patience, “Come on Sungmin smile. Frown is bad for your beauty.”

 

Sungmin let out a sigh, tired.

 

“What do you think, Kyu? Is everything okay? I’m worried.” Sungmin expressed her inner thought.

 

The wedding. That was the reason why she was frowning. She’s been worried that she might be a failure at hosting the party and everything.

 

“Why would you be worry? Everything is perfect.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes, of course it’s real. Here.” Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin and faced her up looking at the guests inside the hall.

 

“Everyone is smiling.” Kyuhyun told her.

 

He gripped Sungmin’s shoulder firmly, showing his support.

 

“Everyone is enjoying themselves.” He added, “And if you pay close attention, everyone is praising the wedding. Trust me. Have confidence in yourself, Sungmin.” He assured her.

 

Sungmin pouted. She stared and blinked her eyes cutely looking at Kyuhyun. Slowly, a smile formed and she nodded. Miraculously, her strength and confidence started to urge back again. She made a fighting cheer with Kyuhyun and continued with her duty for the special day. She feels a bit calmer compare to before. Honestly, Kyuhyun did help her and she is really happy to have him there with her.

 

“Unnie!” Sungmin ‘hmphed’ being engulfed by a sudden hug.

“You’re so beautiful!!” the said person squealed excitedly, holding Sungmin’s cheeks with both hands and hugs her.

 

Laughing softly, “You’re beautiful too, Amber dear.” Sungmin compliment her back.

 

“Really?” she grinned happily, “It’s Aunt Hae who choose and give me this dress. She really has a good sense right?”

 

Sungmin nodded, agreeing.

 

“Noona, where’s Sungjin?” Henry, who is behind her asked Sungmin.

 

“Ah…he is…somewhere around the corner. Try to look for him.”

 

“Okay.” Henry nodded and signaled for Amber that he’s leaving first.

 

“Anyway, who did you come with? Where’s your daddy?” Sungmin’s attention goes back to Amber.

 

“She comes with my family, Ming.” Kyuhyun answered on her behalf.

 

“Eh, why?”

 

Sulked, “Daddy’s not with me now. He said he has some business to attend. But, he’ll come to fetch me later.”

 

Sungmin smiles and patted her head to comfort her.

 

“It’s okay. Aslong as you’re here.” She said and Amber smiled wide feeling contented.

 

Sungmin smiled back at her. Then she notices another figure coming from the front door into the hall. The man waved at Sungmin to which Sungmin reply with the same excitement.

 

“Siwon oppa is here. Amber, you go with Kyuhyun and sit at the table. I’ve set you with the Cho-Kim family, is it okay?” Amber nodded enthusiastically, “I’ll see you later.” She said for the last time with a pat on Amber’s head and left towards Siwon.

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes followed Sungmin’s movement with painful stare. He sees how Sungmin laughed and kissed her boyfriend lovely on the cheek.

 

“Let’s go, Amber.” He told the younger and walked in front.

 

He doesn’t think he can bear to see their interaction any longer, not that moment at least.

 

“I’ll introduce you to appa later. He’s with Wookie now.”

 

Siwon grinned, “Okay. Do you think he’ll like me?” he asked, out of curiosity.

 

Sungmin laughed. She moved closer to the man and hugged his arms.

 

“He’ll like you, I’m sure. He knows how much I love you.”

 

“Hehehehe…and I love you too.” He confessed, gleefully.

 

After that, the two of them walked together hand in hand with Sungmin introduce her boyfriend to the people around the venue. Soon, almost all of the guests arrived in the ceremony. Now, the hall’s attention all fully focused on the main couple.

 

Yesung fidgeted nervously when he fully stood in front of the priest. Slow song started to play, waiting for the bride-to-be to walk on the aisle. Beautiful Sungmin as the bridesmaid slowly emerged from the front door, wearing the custom-made dress, looking simple but elegant all the same. Everyone was mesmerized by her charms. The parents were especially proud with it. Even Siwon was proud, grinning his wide smile looking at his lover. Yesung was also as proud. Seeing the smile on Sungmin’s face, his nervousness subside a bit. It wasn’t a dream after all.

 

The song continued to play and finally, the main character of the day walked inside. Every eye was on the bride. Ryeowook holds Eunhyuk’s arm firm, gathering the courage to walk while being the attention of everyone. She smiled happily looking at the awaiting Yesung at the end of the walk. She was nervous too. After this moment, she is no longer the same Kim Ryeowook. She will be someone else wife legally and officially.

 

The longest walk she ever walked with finally ended with the exchanged of hands between Eunhyuk and Yesung.

 

“I love you, my baby girl.” Eunhyuk said for the last time, patting Ryeowook’s cheek gently.

 

He gave Yesung another pat on the shoulder and smiled before he left to join the others.Looking straight into each other eyes lovingly, Yesung holds Ryeowook’s hands in his. All his fear and nervousness seems to vanish by just the smile. The priest started talking and they listened tentatively.

 

At the same time, Leeteuk arrived at the wedding venue quite later than what she expected. She got out from her car and rushed to the hall. Luckily, she arrived on time just before the wedding vows started. She quickly took the seat assigned and watched the ceremony. Her eyes fixed on watching Sungmin till she noticed her. She waves eagerly at Sungmin to which she responded with the same eagerness.  The happiness showed on Sungmin’s face tells it all that she’s happy by her arrival.

 

“Jungsoo?”

 

She makes a quick turn beside her and gaped.

 

“Youngwoon-ssi?”

 

They stared at each other, obviously confused by the unexpected meeting. Kangin was especially surprised. He was also looking at the ceremony when he realized Sungmin waving at someone. His eyes scanned towards where Sungmin projected and was sure astounded upon recognizing the person.

 

“You’re here? How come?” asked Leeteuk hesitantly.

 

A lopsided grin appeared on Kangin. He didn’t even need to hide the happiness on his face from meeting her again.

 

“I’m Sungmin’s boss. The president where she’s working at. Also, the groom is a friend of mine too.” Kangin explained.

 

“President? But Sungmin said her president’s name is Kangin. And you are…”

 

Kangin laughed to see the confusion on her.

 

“Kangin is another name of mine, a nickname. Sungmin and my friends gave me that name. My real name is Kim Youngwoon.”

 

“Oh, is that so.”

 

“How about you, Jungsoo-ssi? What’s your relationship with Sungmin. I’ve never heard Sungmin talk about you before. So far as I can remember.” He gave the question back to her.

 

Leeteuk smiled, “Probably because Sungmin call me as a different name like she did to you.”

 

“Eh?”

 

“Sungmin’s nickname to me is Leeteuk or Teukie that is what she called me. I am actually Sungmin and Ryeowook’s adopted sister. We grew up together.” Explained Leeteuk to Kangin.

 

“Sister? Well, that’s quite a pleasant surprise.” He said honestly.

 

Kangin is really happy to meet up with Leeteuk again. They smiled at each other lovingly. But just as they were in their world, someone’s cough wakes them up from the trance. Leeteuk looked behind Kangin and saw two women staring at them with sparkling eyes. She gave them a smile and a high-pitched squeal was heard.

 

Leeteuk flinched a bit, didn’t expect it. Kangin groaned. He knew exactly the voice without turning his head.

 

“Did I do something wrong?” Leeteuk whispered the question to Kangin.

 

He shook his head and smiled apologetically.

 

“No, it’s actually…”

 

“Introduce us, dear.” Insook cuts him.

 

Kangin growled again.

 

“Jungsoo…I would like to introduce you to my parents. My mom and umma.” He said, giving some space for them to waves at Leeteuk.

 

Leeteuk nodded out of courtesy.

 

“And mom and umma…this is…a friend of mine. Park Jungsoo.” He introduced.

 

“Good day.” Leeteuk greeted them and immediately they squealed once more by the sweetness.

 

Insook and Kyunghee stand up simultaneously and exchanged seats (by force) with Kyuhyun and Henry to get closer to Leeteuk. To interrogate of course.

 

“Nice to meet you, dear. You’re such a beauty.”Kyunghee compliment boldly even though it was their first meet.

 

A tint blush appeared on Leeteuk, but she smile nonetheless, “Thank you. You both are equally beautiful too.” She praised back.

 

The mother giggled by the praise, happy.

 

“You’re my Kangin bear’s friend? Then how about here? You know Sungminie and Ryeowook?” Insook take turn to ask question next.

 

Leeteuk nodded, “Yes, I am. Both Sungmin and Ryeowook are my adopted sister.” She explained again.

 

“What did you do, dear?” Kyunghee asked more.

 

“Ah, I’m a psychiatrist.”

 

“Wow, a doctor. That is so wonderful.” Insook and Kyunghee praised.

 

“Oh no, I’m not like that at all. I’m still in the learning process.” She replied, politely.

 

“But, we’ve never see you before. Sungmin also hasn’t talk about you to us.”

 

Leeteuk gave them another smile and once again, mesmerized them.

 

“Actually, I didn’t stay here.” She answered back, “I’m working in Melbourne, at one of the private hospital there. Maybe that’s why Sungmin didn’t speak much about me.”

 

“Ohh…is that so…” the mothers trailed in a perfect sync.

 

They are both on a dreamy state, with hands on the cheeks looking and admiring Leeteuk.

 

“Can I…”

 

“Mom, please.” Kyuhyun’s stern voice stopped Insook from continuing asking.

 

The mothers turned to their other son with a glare.

 

Kyuhyun sighed, “Please, stop being such a busybody. You can investigate hyung new girlfriend after this.”

 

“Hey!”

 

Kyuhyun ignored Kangin’s protest and continued, “Let’s just watch the ceremony okay?” he grinned as wide as possible, to make them understand.

 

Insook and Kyunghee pouted amidst a child. They really hate it when their son stopped them from anything they want.

 

“Okay…” they give up and pay attention back to the wedding.

 

Kyuhyun gave Kangin a few support pats on the back before him also focusing back to the wedding. A tired sigh finally escaped from Kangin.

 

“Sorry.” He whispered to Leeteuk with an apologetic smile, feels sorry with his mothers’ attic.

 

Leeteuk softly laughed, “It’s okay.” she assured him.

 

She turned her attention back to the chapel. A smile continued on plastered on her lips after that.

 

So, this is the president’s family that Sungminie talked about. She told herself, still feel amused by the mothers’ reaction just now.

 

Everyone’s attention once again focused to the main characters of the day. The priest has finally finished his sermon.

 

“You may now exchange your vow.” The priest told the couple.

 

Yesung and Ryeowook turned to face up with each other. They smiled.

 

Yesung took a deep breath, “I…Han Yesung, take you Kim Ryeowook to be my wife, to hold from this day forward for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part. I promise to spend more time with you despite being busy, I promise to never let you feels alone and I promise…I will always love you.” he vowed with a smile.

 

Ryeowook smiled back at him, “I, Kim Ryeowook, take you Han Yesung as my one and only husband, to hold from this day forward for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part. I promise…I will be your best friend, your all-time lover, and a wife you can be proud of. I also…will always love you the most.” She vowed, with a moist eyes.

 

Satisfied with the vow, the priest told them to put the ring on each finger.

 

“And I announced you, husband and wife.” he stated, “You may now kiss the bride.”

 

Yesung reached out his hand and opened the veil of Ryeowook’s, revealing the face of his newly-wedded wife. Smiling his brightest smile ever, he slowly moved forward and they shared a kiss. Loud applauds was immediately heard. It was official then. They are now officially married, a husband and wife.

 

Another song started to play, a different song this time. A sweet voice was heard singing a loving nuptial song. Yesung knew who it was but Ryeowook was utterly surprised upon realizing the owner of the voice.

 

“Sungmin…” she said the name.

 

Sungmin is singing, to everyone surprise. No one has ever expected it. By the smug look on Yesung’s face, it seems only he and Sungmin knew about the surprise. Ryeowook’s eyes already glistening with tears, feeling too touch. She really can’t believe she was honored with such thing. The song gradually reached the second verse. Sungmin continued on singing skillfully, walking towards the couple.

 

To make another surprise, Sungmin suddenly hands in another microphone she hid to Yesung. Ryeowook’s breathe hitched. Now it’s her husband who is singing! What else can she expect from such a dreamy wedding? A tear fall from her eyes finally. She tried her best to hide the tear away behind the flower bouquet. The sweetness and happiness is really too much for her small heart to handle. Yesung’s hand was safely holding her hand with him and Sungmin continue singing.

 

Kyuhyun watched the surprise performance by Sungmin with the stupidest grin ever on his face. He has never feel so proud watching Sungmin being the attention of all people like that, so beautiful and gracefully. Plus, with the singing, it makes it even more perfect. He completely forgets the death stare and warns from Siwon before this. He decided to just ignore it because he knew Siwon is just being a jealous brat.

 

FLASHBACK

 

“You’re here.”

 

Kyuhyun tensed by the sudden remark. And he was more surprise to see it was Siown who said it to him. The man was staring at him with a deep frown. He stares back and smirked.

 

“Of course I am here.” He smugly said, “I am from the bride’s best friend’s family.” He added more fuel to Siwon’s fire.

 

He heard a huff clearly from Siwon. He swore he could almost see flares coming out from his breath. But, he didn’t care.

 

“Look, forgive my rudeness.” He puts up his hands, surrendered, “This is a celebration, of Yesung hyung and Ryeowook. If you’re jealous of me talking to Sungmin, then keep it only to yourself. I don’t want to make any scene.” He told him.

 

“I am not jealous.” Siwon talked back.

 

Kyuhyun scoffed at the statement, “Look at yourself closely before claiming anything, Siwon-ssi. Your eyes showed it all.” Kyuhyun exclaimed and left.

 

FLASHBACK END

 

Kyuhyun couldn’t believe himself that he was that courageous to face up against Siwon like that. But, soon after, he smiled again. His heart softened just to see Sungmin’s smile. That beautiful smile. Maybe because of that smile he was so brave to move on. Maybe because of that smile only, he was able to lie to himself about his feelings. All were because of that smile.

 

Every guest inside the hall, sway their body from side to side by the sweet song sung by Sungmin and Yesung. Yesung’s husky and deep voice harmonious perfectly with Sungmin’s voice. They all agreed that it was the best duet ever. After the song ended, Ryeowook gifted both singers with a kiss on the cheek each.

 

“Thank you.” she thanked, making both of them flowered by the smile she gave.

 

 

 

###################################################

 

 

 

Everyone congratulated the happy couple sincerely. They are indeed happy that the two of them are now official as a couple. Sungmin, on the other hand, is still feeling nervous. Being the most important person in Ryeowook’s life, she has agreed to read them a letter. Amidst all the people in the hall, she walked slowly towards the MC stand. She talked to the MC and the mic exchanged hands. Sungmin cleared . She takes a deep breath and closes her eyes. All the guests are waiting patiently for her to start the speech. Everyone anticipates it since Sungmin is known to be the only best friend that Ryeowook had. In slow, Sungmin opens up her eyes and set her vision straight to her best friend. She smiled.

 

“Good day everyone.” She starts.

 

“I don’t know much about making a speech. In fact I’m really nervous standing here alone. But, only for my best friend, I’ll try my best. If it is long, please bear with it okay?” She smiles sweetly making everyone smiles together with her.

 

“Wookie, it seems like it was just yesterday the first time we met with each other. You speak to me and ask me to be your friend. I still remember being in trance that day because of your sudden request. No one has ever approach me or talk to me because of my complexity. But, you…were different.” She gives a thin smile to her, “Unlike other people, you came to me and say hi. Unlike other people, you didn’t stare at me. Unlike other people who bullied me, you, are the only one who protected me. That…was really the happiest moment in my life. You, who are my first friend, have granted me the only wish I had that time. Thank you, Wookie. From the deepest part of my heart, I thank you.”

 

Ryeowook smiles brightly. She can almost picture the first time they get to know each other.

 

“It was like yesterday also, halmoeni left us alone in this cruel world.” She continued with glassed eyes, “I remembered clearly how you cried all day that day. Even after the funeral ended, you still cry yourself out. I was there beside you but I couldn’t do anything to take your pain away. I feel hopeless because I can’t help you except to just cry together and shared the pain of losing someone we loved. That time, I promised myself, I will never let you alone anymore. I determined that I will be with you forever. I can, right?”

 

Ryeowook smiles at her and nodded.

 

“And…do you still remember Wookie? I used to have frequent nightmares at one time.”

 

Ryeowook and the others who understand become tensed by Sungmin’s statement. Sungmin smile to them, and it hurts them knowing Sungmin is just faking it to be okay. What is Sungmin saying is actually a past that is very scary for them to even remember.

 

“You were really patient and are willing to be by my side even though many times I rejected you. You stayed and put up with my attitude without questioning anything. I still remember to this day that you will sing me a song and patted my back to put me to sleep to ease the pain. No one would ever believe me because they didn’t know but for me, you have the most beautiful voice ever. Yeye probably will agree with me.” Sungmin giggles, making everyone laugh too.

 

“Your voice soothes my heart. It makes me smile every time and make me forget about my nightmare, even just a bit. Thank you, Wookie.” Sungmin thanked sincerely, “Thank you so much for staying with me. I really love you the most.”

 

‘I love you too, Minnie.’ Ryeowook mouthed, smiling at Sungmin’s genuinely. Sungmin paused and thought. She looked at the paper.

 

“Actually…to speak the truth I didn’t want you to get married.” Sungmin confessed.

 

Every spectator frowned confusingly.

 

Sungmin grinned, “I’m greedy about you, remember?” she joked and everyone laughed at it.

 

“The first time when Yeye told me that he’s going to propose to you, I was upset. I don’t know why or who am I upset to but I just feel upset. It feels like someone is going to snatch my most important person away from me. I know that person is none other than Yeye but, I just don’t like the idea of you marrying to somebody. I don’t know whether you notice it or not but there is once I kept bugging you all day long and never let you left my side. I even requested to sleep together with you that same night.” She smiled sheepishly.

 

“She did?” Yesung questioned to his wife.

 

Ryeowook nodded, “I remembered that day.” She whispered to her husband.

 

Yesung chuckles, realized that Sungmin is more possessive than he ever thought of.

 

“I think…I was afraid.” Sungmin’s voice suddenly flattened.

 

Every eye watching her softened.

 

“What if once you’re married, you’ll leave me? What if you will start to ignore me? What if you’ll leave me and get out from my life? I was so afraid every time that topic pops up in my mind. I don’t understand myself really. I know that you will never do that to me, but I just can’t help but to feel afraid like that. There are so many ‘what if’ spinning inside my head that it hurts me.” Sungmin eyes already glistered with tears.

 

“I…love you too much, Wookie.” she said and gently a drop of tear fall from her eyes, touching every spectator’s heart.

 

“I don’t…want to lose you. I really don’t want you to…” Sungmin sobbed, tears one by one pouring through her cheeks.

 

Some of guests also shedding tears feel touched by Sungmin’s sincerity and speech. Ryeowook feels the feelings the most because she knew it was all directed to her.

 

“Go…” Yesung whispered to his wife, a sign for her to go and comfort Sungmin.

 

With that permission, Ryeowook stands up and rushed to Sungmin’s side. She pulled Sungmin into a tight hug and they cried together.

 

“Sungmin pabo.” She scolded, “I’m not going to leave you. You can’t force me and no one can force me to leave you. No matter what happen, I will never leave you alone. I swear…” and the two girls cried in each other’s embrace.

 

Applause was once again heard echoing through the hall. Everyone praised for the happy relationship to be last forever.

 

“Ugly.” Yesung teased Sungmin once she has calm down from crying.

 

“Oppa!” Sungmin hits him lightly on the arms.

 

Yesung laughed and hugged his baby girl tight, “Sorry~~baby girl. I was just joking. You are the most beautiful bridesmaid I’ve ever seen.”

 

Sungmin narrowed her eyes, “Much beautiful than your stewardess?”

 

“Nothing can be compare.” Yesung strengthened and Sungmin’s smile bloomed.

 

“That was a nice duet.” Suddenly praise came and when they turned a tall man in gorgeous suit was standing and smiling at them.

 

“Yunho oppa.” Sungmin smiled brightly, “You came.”

 

Yunho smiled back at her, “Of course I came. This is a wedding right, free food~~” he sang playfully receiving a laugh from everyone.

 

“You’re not alone right? Where’s Jae-unnie?” Sungmin’s eyes sparkled when saying the name.

 

“Of course she is with me. I can’t just leave my wife alone. She’s over there.” Pointed Yunho towards one table, “Talking with your umma.”

 

“Ah, I’ll go there first.” She said to Siwon beside her and quickly walked towards the said person.

 

“You must be Sungmin’s boyfriend that she talked about.” Said Yunho suddenly referred to Siwon.

 

Siwon grinned and nodded.

 

“I am.” He exclaimed proudly.

 

They shook hands with each other, “I didn’t know that Sungmin and your family were close, Mr Jang.” He told the latter.

 

“There’s nothing unusual about that. Sungmin is a good dongsaeng to me and my wife especially. Furthermore, Sungmin’s father is my sunbae from school. Which means, we’ve known each since long. So, yeah, we’re sort of close.” He responded with a hidden smile exchanged between him and Yesung.

 

Siwon was confused but he didn’t dare to ask much. The reason why he’s surprise after knowing Jang Yunho’s relationship with Sungmin’s family because the said man is a very well-known person in the business world. Jang Yunho, is the vice president of LSM Corp, the largest conglomerate company throughout Korea. That company was known to be the world prestige company ever and anyone who is able to associate with them is considered very lucky.

 

Apart from that, what made LSM Corp so different than the other companies was the secrecy of the owner. No one has ever known or meet the real owner of LSM Corp. Many tried to seek for the secret but many failed miserably. They said the owner has his own reason of doing so. And now, given the opportunity of knowing the vice president of LSM Corp, Siwon didn’t slip the chance of expanding his connection. He must do what he needs to do to expand his business too. About Sungmin so close with the man, he accepts with the reason that the man is just a business partner to her father.

 

The feast continued with more people started pooling inside the hall. Everyone congratulated the couple and praised them for the beautiful wedding. Many women were envy of Ryeowook marrying Yesung but many also admire the love that they shared together.

 

“Congratulations, Miss Ryeowook.” Minhyuk wished and presented her the gift she prepared.

 

“Thank you.” Ryeowook thanked and took the gift before she gave it to the assistant next to her.

 

“Where’s Sungmin?” he asked right away.

 

“Sungmin? Well…she’shere just now. She’s been very busy today. But, she’s still here. Show your face and I’m sure she’ll come running towards you instantly.” She joked to which Minhyuk laugh at it together.

 

“I’m honored if she does. And yet, we knew how she is to me right?” Ryeowook responded him with a small nod, “But it was a very beautiful wedding.” He praised sincerely, “You’re really lucky, Ryeowook. You’ve got a very nice family and husband too.”

 

Ryeowook satisfyingly smile by the compliment she got. She watched as Minhyuk’s eyes travelled far away looking at someone. She needs not to turn to see who, because Minhyuk’s eyes have always focused on one person only, her best friend, Sungmin.

 

“She looked so happy.” Minhyuk commented vaguely.

 

Ryeowook hummed and agreed.

 

“It’s a good thing that only I came here, today right?” he joked.

 

Ryeowook laughed softly, “You know that Sungmin will always be happy to see both of you, Minhyuk.” She rebutted, talking about Jonghyun who was also invited.

 

“Probably.” He chuckled, “But it was still a good thing that only I came. I saw her boyfriend staring deathly at me just now.” He added more.

 

“He’s just being protective.”

 

“Protective or possessive?”

 

Ryeowook was silenced by Minhyuk’s choice of words. Somehow, she understood what he is saying. Sungmin did tell her about Siwon’s change of attics after the vacation. She said, Siwon no longer let her meet with her other acquaintance like she usually do and he’s been asking lots of question about Sungmin’s friends ever since. Even though she’s happy that Siwon is concern about Sungmin, she did think something has change in Siwon a little bit.

 

“Minhyukkie!” Sungmin called, came running towards them from afar.

 

A wide smile immediately formed on Minhyuk upon hearing the call.

 

“Alone?”Sungmin asked as soon as she arrived beside them.

 

Minhyuk nodded.

 

“You’re beautiful, Miniming.” He boldly compliments, and didn’t even hide the happy smile he got.

 

A red blush straight away appears on Sungmin.

 

“Ah, oppa. You know Minhyuk right? He’s Jjong oppa’s assistant.” Sungmin introduced Siwon and Minhyuk together.

 

Siwon nodding his head and shook hands with Minhyuk, greeting him.

 

“You’re not with Jonghyun?” he asked, “Didn’t Sungmin invite the both of you?”

 

Minhyuk smirked by the obvious question from him, “This is Ryeowook’s wedding, Siwon-ssi not Sungmin’s.” he reprimanded on purpose, “And truthfully, I am Ryeowook’s school mate. That’s the reason why I’m here.” He explained, eyeing Siwon with the same stare.

 

Siwon groaned inwardly. He turned to Sungmin and smiled his best before excusing himself away. He gave Minhyuk a last glare of warning just before he left. Minhyuk chuckled by the reaction. Ignoring the man, he looked at Sungmin and his heart softened again.

 

“So, when is your wedding next Miniming?” he teased making Sungmin blushed madly.

 

“Minhyukie!” Sungmin protested.

 

He and Ryeowook laughed together, having fun on their own.

 

Everyone was having a time of their life of the day with the celebration. During the flower bouquet throwing, every girl queues up into a straight line, eager to catch it. The mothers of the family especially, pushed Sungmin on the first roll so that she got it. Sungmin protested, feeling so embarrassed but she obeyed.

 

“Are you ready?”Yesung and Ryeowook asked together, holding the bouquet, “1!”

 

“1!” everyone followed their countdown.

 

“2!”

 

“3!”

 

Their eyes followed the flying bouquet’s movement in sync and excited to catch it, holding their hands out in the air. But, sort as fated has written, the bouquet flies high and fall into Sungmin’s hand. Sungmin’s face turned bright red tomato instantly.

 

“Yay!! She got it!!” her mothers cheered happily.

 

Of course the parents were especially happy even though they knew Sungmin is so embarrassed. They have more reasons to tease their baby girl more with that. Siwon, being the black knight of Sungmin’s willing to be her shield of the day and protected her from being overly teased. Eunhyuk by the side was talking with some of his friends. In the middle, he unconsciously sensed someone’s stare and when he looked, his eyes widened twice than normal. The other person was the same, staring at him in shock.

 

“Yifan?” he muttered the name.

 

He was about to walk towards the man when the said person already made a move and left the venue, dragging away Amber behind her. Eunhyuk’s face turned pale. It seems that fate has destined for him something else after all.

 

Kris pulled his daughter away from the venue, rushed.

 

“Daddy, what’s wrong? Why did you pulled me? I haven’t say goodbye to Sungminunnie.” asked the girl, puzzled.

 

“No need.”

 

“But, daddy…”

 

“I said no, Amber!”

 

Amber jumped by the loud voice. Her father was glaring at her with a very intense stare. She shivered unconsciously. Kris groaned and takes a deep breath to calm down.

 

“Who’s wedding is this supposed to be, Amber?” he asked.

 

“Ryeo…wook…unnie.” Amber replied in slow.

 

“Ryeowook? As in Kim Ryeowook?” Amber nodded, “Then why is that Lee Hyukjae is here also? How is a ‘Kim’ like her to be related to a ‘Lee’ like him?” he continued asking.

 

“Lee Hyukjae? You mean uncle Hyuk? He is…Sungjin and Sungmin unnie’s father.”

 

“What? He’s Sungmin’s father?” he repeated the last statement gaping at the information.

 

Amber meekly nodded her head. She was still confused with her father’s questions and attitude, but she didn’t dare to ask much, understanding his temper.

 

“Is she really his daughter?” Amber nodded again.

 

“But, she didn’t look like Donghae at all.” Kris retorted.

 

“Well…” Amber trailed with her words while fidgeting, “No one actually knows about this but Sungmin unnie is truthfully from Uncle Hyuk’s previous marriage. Not with Aunt Hae.” she informed and she sees how Kris’s expression changes once again.

 

Hyukjae’s previous marriage? With that woman? Sungmin is…their daughter. Kris calculated the information inside his head. Everything seems to make sense suddenly.

 

Sungmin’s family name is Lee. Why didn’t I see it before? Why I never ask about it before? He questioned to himself.

 

“Daddy?”

 

Kris turned to his daughter, eyes cold.

 

“Never made a contact with Sungjin, ever again.” He warned and walked away.

 

Amber gaped by the abruptness. Quickly, she runs and catches up with her father. She objected and asked for reasons but she got a scolding instead. They had an argument with his sudden request. She really didn’t understand Kris so much. She cried but Kris was determined which leads her to obey in the end.

 

 

 

TBC