Chapter 17

Loving You Foreverly

At school in the following days, Chorong was sitting at a table with Bomi and them, eating lunch and talking amongst themselves. 

 

Woohyun walked into the room and went straight to Chorong. He grabbed her wrist and looked her in the eye. 

 

"Let's talk." He told her. She glared at him, but he dragged her outside to a secluded area.

 

 

"Yah, it hurts." She exclaimed at him. He looked at her with such an expression that she could tell he was hurt, but was it HER fault? No.

 

"Listen to me. Give me two minutes before you interrupt." He told her. Chorong sighed and just stood there, looking away. 

 

"I'm sorry. For the way I acted towards you. For trying to point out that I flirt with other girls even when we were together. I was just.... trying to get you jealous. To see how you actually felt for me. I thought you really liked me. And was just using our bet to get to me. Like how I was to you."

 

Chorong shot a look at him at his last couple sentences. 

 

"I just didn't know that I'd mess up and say something stupid that would end us. Just like that. I've been thinking about how I should tell you this and.... I honestly don't know how I'm doing. But I just want you to know that I'm sorry. And I..." he said looking her in the eye. 

"I really want to just start from the beginning again." He told her. 

 

Chorong softened her eyes and bit looked away from him. His eyes were so hypnotizing, she couldn't look into them or else she'd be drawn in. 

 

"Let's start over again from the beginning." He told her, reaching his hand out to her. Chorong looked at his hand and as much as she wanted to take it, her hand wouldn't go.

 

She started tearing, and those tears dropped to the ground. 

 

"I can't start over, knowing that you played me in the beginning. How do I know you're not gonna do the same thing again if you could the first time?" She asked him without looking at him. 

 

"I'll make it up to you. I promise." He told her. Chorong shook her head and wiped her tears. She swallowed her spit and sniffed. "It's not that easy to earn trust when  it was broken from the same person." She said then walked away. 

 

Woohyun stood there and watched as she walked away. As much as he wanted to run after her, his legs stood still. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Later on at night, Chorong went home and tugged onto the door, but it was locked. She scrunched up her eyebrows and tried to open it again, but she couldn't.

 

"Omma! Appa! I'm home! Open up!" She yelled pounding on the door. 

 

"Park Choronggie!" One of their neighbors called her, running to her side quickly. "Oh, Ahjumma, where are my parents?" She asked. "Oh, my darling, you haven't been told? Your parents got into a car accident this morning. They've been pronounced dead and are still at the hospital." 

 

Chorong dropped everything and ran quickly to the hospital. 

 

No way. Appa. Omma. This is a lie. How can I live by myself? How can youguys leave me like this? This is a prank? Right??

 

She sobbed as she ran as fast as she could to the hospital that seemed like it was countries away. 

 

 

When she got there, she stood outside the room that both her parents were in. Everything was a dream. Let it be a dream.

 

They were just happy that morning. Next thing, they've left their only daughter in the world to survive by herself.

 

She fell to her knees and cried uncontrollably. 

 

"APPA! OMMA!!" She cried, but they didn't get up and hug her this time. Her cries were heard through the whole room.

 

 

 

After a long hours of crying, Chorong sat in the empty waiting room by herself, huddled up into a ball at the corner with tears still streaming down her cheeks.

Suddenly, her phone rang in her hand. She deadly answered it without even checking the caller. 

 

"Park Chorong? Yah, I've been calling you the whole day. I went by your house and no one was home. Are you ok? Is everything alright?" 

 

She started crying again at the sound of Woohyun. As much as she disliked him right then, hearing his voice made her feel warm and secured. 

 

"Nam Woohyun." She called his name with her voice breaking. "Park Chorong. What's wrong?" He asked worriedly on the other line. She started sobbing silently and huffed. 

 

"My parents. They've passed away." She told him. 

 

Woohyun widened his eyes and ran quickly to the hospital. 

 

"I'm coming. Stay where you're at. I'll come find you." He told her then hung up the phone. 

 

 

 

 

Chorong bent her knees up to her chest as she wrapped her arms around them, hiding her head in between the gap, her forehead against her knees.She cried silently to herself and didn't know what else to do. 

 

"Park Chorong."

 

She slowly looked up and saw Woohyun in front of her. He knelt down to her level and he felt so much sadness just seeing Chorong like this. 

 

"Nam Woohyun." She silently called him back. He sat beside her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders to put her head against his chest. She cried and cried, and Woohyun just sat there beside her, listening. Listening to the cries that broke his heart, but the cries that came from the woman who he knew now, he loved so much. 

 

He didn't want anything to make her cry like this ever again. Never again.