|8|

|Rewind : Another Shot At Love|
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Walking aimlessly has become a habit of his now (he didn’t know where he was going and he didn’t intend on finding out). He just kept on walking, silently hoping that everything that had just happened was merely a dream (a nightmare to be exact) and that he’ll wake up soon enough and find Mel right by his side, flashing him that (oh so) sweet smile of hers. Yet, deep down within him he was aware of the ugly truth that awaited him, of the harsh reality he had to face, he had lost Mel (his selfishness, his stupidity made him lose her, made him lose the only person who truly cared about him, who truly loved him).

I’ve lost you, haven’t I? I’ve lost you to someone else, and as much as I hate it, I have to admit that he’ll treat you way better than I have, he’ll cherish you, he’ll love you, the way I should’ve all those years ago.

This is all of my doing, isn’t it? I willingly let go of you for something I thought that would make me happy, for something that I thought was love, little did I know that what I felt towards you and still do is the true kind of love, the one I’ve been seeking all along.

You were right there all this time, but I was too blind to realize your worth, and now, I’m just a step too late, aren’t I? I’ve let you slip away from my fingers and for that, I have no one but myself to blame.

We are nothing more but mere strangers now aren’t we? Aren’t we?

Every single thing that they shared has been locked away (thrown even) and sadly it could never be restored, they could never be back as they used to, the damage their relationship has suffered had too big of an impact to be easily forgotten, the hurt he had caused her cannot be taken away, it cannot be easily healed. And as much as he wanted he could never undo the things he did, he could never change the past.

I can never win you back,

 And as much as it hurt him to admit defeat he had to let her go. After all, she’s better off being with someone who could truly cherish her and make her happy (and he knew very well that his hyung was capable of doing so). Yet, at the same time he can’t help but feel bitter and jealous of the whole situation, Mel (his Mel) was no longer his, she was someone else’s.

Someone else had the audacity of stealing her from him, of snatching her from his embrace (and he knew all too well that he had only himself to blame for that), now he has to watch from the sidelines as some other guy takes care of her, makes her smile and laugh, makes her feel loved and cared about.

He should have been the one to make her happy, he should have been her knight in shining armor, but he had lost his chance a long time ago and some things (as much as we want to) can never be undone, we cannot rewind the past nor can we rewrite it, can we?

Myungsoo found himself near the Han river (it was the place Mel and he frequented the most), she just loved walking along it, hearing the soothing sounds of the water as it rushed calmly towards its destination, enjoying the freshness of the air (the quiet and serene environment was what they liked the most) while he on the other hand would take numerous pictures (mostly of her) whenever he got the chance (in order to commemorate the time they spent together). A smile played on his lips as those precious memories kept on dancing in his head.

“Oppa, why don’t we take a photo together?”

The young man glanced at her, displaying his all too famous poker face, he raised an eyebrow clearly amused with the girls’ sudden eagerness.

“No”

The huge grin that was plastered on her face turned into an immediate frown.

“Why not?” She began whining like a little kid, while tightly grasping onto Myungsoo’s arm, tugging on it lightly.

The latter rolled his eyes, annoyed with her attitude and several moments later he finally caved in.

“Fine, come here” he ushered her to stand next to him and so she did, smiling ever so widely.

“One, two, three”

A flashing sound was heard and thus their very first photo together was taken.

“We’re so cute!”

Mel cheerfully exclaimed.

Myungsoo scoffed in response.

“You must be delusional

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter