|14|

|Rewind : Another Shot At Love|
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rewind #14:

In life some things are just bound to happen.

Sure a bunch of choices, a number of occurrences lead to a possible event and thus by changing one of these choices the result will most probably differ (however not entirely).

If someone was meant to die (after all, human beings have short life spans) he can try his best to avoid boarding the plane that’s going to crash and burn (and he will) but he’ll end up eventually dead since you can run away from death (enhance the time you have by mere hours or even minutes) but you can never truly hide from it, other occurrences will happen and would most probably put an end to your life (such as a car accident for example).

In other words, some things are inevitable.

You can try to change them (by altering some of your choices) but the result will remain the same.

However, that’s not entirely true since these changes will affect some parts of your life (sometimes for the best, other times for the worst but not everything will remain as it was)

 A change has occurred, the result may not have differed but the people who are around you and the people you don’t even know (but are somehow connected) have been affected one way or another.

 And you, my friend, are the first one to be concerned by that said change.

How?

Well for starters you start to see things in a better light and you start to understand people more.

(But honestly you’ll find out how on your own).

This time his company couldn’t deny the fact that he was dating Doyeon. (Emphasis on the “was”).

Myungsoo sighed, how could he things up again? How? He was given a chance to set things straight and he blew it. Ruffling his hair in frustration, he stood up from his bed.

 (This time he won’t be going to the wrong girl).

He still couldn’t believe how Doyeon could set him up like this. Like Sungyeol had said he was too blinded by his love for her that he didn’t notice her devilish ways.

He definitely needed to talk to her, but that could wait.

(She could wait. However Mel could not.)

As he was about to open his bedroom door, a knock was heard. Chuckling slightly he opened the door and came face to face with Sunggyu. The latter raised an eyebrow in response and crossed his arms across his chest. (Déjà vu much?)

“Now where do you think you’re going?”

Myungsoo sighed, knowing very well how this conversation would play out. (But no, this time things were different, he had to see Mel no matter what).

“I need to see her hyung”

Sunggyu nodded his head. (An action which surprised the young man, wasn’t he going to stop him?)

“Mel”

(It seemed more of a statement than a question)

“Yes, I need to make things right”

A light smile made its way onto his hyungs’ face.

“You finally realized your feelings for her, huh?”

Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows.

“Wait, you knew?”

Sunggyu couldn’t help but chuckle, the lost expression his dongsaeng portrayed was quite an entertaining sight.

“We all did”

(So everyone in Infinite was aware about the feelings he harbored for Mel, the feelings he tried to ignore but eventually came to accept).

Shooting a glare at his hyung he firmly said.

“You could have told me”   It would have saved me a lot of effort.

Not at all fazed by Myungsoos’ infamous glare (he’d grown immune to it and after all he was a scarier person when he was mad or tempted) Sunggyu shook his head.

“No. You needed to figure out things on your own”

Myungsoo nodded his head, entirely agreeing with his hyungs’ words.

Gesturing towards the front door, Sunggyu spoke (that same smile still lingering on his lips).

“Now go she’s probably waiting for you”

The young man smiled.

“Thanks hyung”

Sunggyu patted his back.

“Don’t mention it kid”

Happiness is short lived, Mel was aware of that by now.

She knew it was odd for Myungsoo to love her back (her life was no sappy Hollywood movie after all) but how could he lead her on like that? How could he feed her those sweet words (which she now deemed as mere lies) and use her like that? How could he do this to her? How could he?

Glancing once more at the picture that was proudly displayed on her laptops’ screen, she felt sick as she saw the man who has captured her heart (her so called boyfriend) embracing a petite girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter