|7|

|Rewind : Another Shot At Love|
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She finally got to hear those three words she so desperately longed for, yet, instead of being overjoyed, instead of feeling the wee bit ounce of happiness (after all, the man who held her heart captive was at last reciprocating her feelings). She felt bitter all of a sudden.

Why now? How come he suddenly realized he loved her after all this time? Is it because he felt threatened? Is it because he was afraid he’d lose her to another man? Did he only say those words to make sure she’ll stay by his side? Maybe he felt the need to be possessive; she was his after all, at least that’s what he thought. Whatever the reason may be, Mel couldn’t tell if his words were sincere or not, maybe he’s just playing with her, after all playing with people’s feelings was always his strong forte.

She shook her head and stepped away from him; freeing herself from his tight grasp, she cursed under her breath (hating herself for missing the warmth of his embrace).

Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows (he definitely wasn’t expecting this kind of reaction).

“No”

A look of complete and utter confusion was drawn on his flawless features.

“You don’t love me”

Mel kept on shaking her head vigorously, trying to dispel the soothing sound of his voice when he uttered those three words that rendered her paralyzed. He doesn’t love me, he doesn’t, she kept on repeating those words trying so hard to destroy the small amount of hope that he had ignited in her.

Myungsoo took a step closer to her, wanting to engulf her delicate figure in his strong arms. He couldn’t deny the hurt he felt as those words escaped her luscious lips, he wanted her to believe him. He was after all telling the truth. Was their relationship really at a point where it’s beyond repair? Did she lose all the trust she had in him? Does she see him as nothing more than a liar? Does she even see him at all? Does she even understand how much she means to him, how stupid he was to let her go, how stupid he was for taking her for granted?

What can I do to make you see that you’re the only one for me?

He extended his hand, wanting to caress her cheek, wanting to put an end to all her worries, wanting to show her how much he loves her but as soon as his hand came in contact with her soft skin she immediately flinched and backed away even further, Myungsoo retreated his hand as a pained expression was now plastered on his face.

“Mel”

His voice was smooth, like a soft lullaby, Mel felt shivers run down her spine as she bit her lip trying to keep her sanity intact.

“Look at me”

Mel gulped not wanting to look into his hypnotizing brown orbs (she knew she would give in as soon as she locks eyes with him)

“Look at me”

He repeated, but this time his tone was firm yet calming at the same time.

Mel couldn’t help but comply; she slowly lifted her head and was caught in his intense gaze.

“I love you”

He came closer to her as he said those words, cupping her cheek in his hand and no, this time she didn’t flinch, she was too caught up in the sweet smell of his cologne (it was and will always be her favorite scent), in his loving gaze and in the warmth of his touch. Her mind was telling her to not believe a word he’s saying, to not get herself involved any further, to not let her feelings get the best of her, to protect her already damaged heart, to uphold the small amount of dignity she had left. But her heart was engaged in a brutal battle with her mind and sadly it was on the winning end. Tears slowly formed in her eyes and this time no, she didn’t hold them back, she just let them fall freely down her cheeks.

Myungsoo’s heart clenched at the sight of her tears, he kept on wiping them away ever so gently as if she was a delicate object that would instantly break due to any contact whatsoever. He hated seeing her cry and he most importantly hated being the reason for her tears.

Mel didn’t know what to believe, she wanted to ignore everything and everyone else and just leap into his arms, wanting to be happy for once, wanting to finally be the princess who would lead a content and blissful life with her knight in shining armor right by her side. Thus, the ending of their magical love story would be marked with a cheesy yet sweet “happily ever after” (a cliché ending is a must to say the least).

But that’s the thing, this isn’t a fairytale.

This is real life.

And in life there are no happy endings.

There is however a colorful amount of lies, deceive, heartache and despair that awaits those who willingly venture into the destructive mind-games of the heart.

Mel smiled bitterly as she glared at Myungsoo who in return was puzzled by her sudden change of mood.

“Stop saying it so carelessly”

She brushed away his hand and stared at him intently.

“You don’t love me, you never did”

Myungsoo was taken aback by the sharpness of her tone, he felt slightly irritated by her words, by the feeble amount of trust she had for him (but he should have seen that coming, seeing the way he had been treating her all along).

“How could you say that? Why don’t you believe me when I say that I love you, because in all honesty I do, I ing do”

His voice kept on increasing in volume as he spoke every word; he was somewhat beginning to get mad, (no, scratch that) he was mad, furious even. There he was pouring his heart and soul out to the girl he loves while she couldn’t care less, she was taking every single word he was saying for granted and that was what sent him over the edge.

Mel snickered, not even the slightest bit intimidated with his cold gaze (which would render any other person to a puddle of sweat and fear, after all he was channeling his L vibes, and no, an angry L wasn’t such a nice sight to bear)

“Why now?”

He blinked his eyes, wanting to answer her yet no words came out of his mouth. Why now? He slowly repeated the question in his mind, why did he realize he loved her now all of a sudden? He never once as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter