|15|

|Rewind : Another Shot At Love|
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rewind #15:

It’s as if history was repeating itself (well not entirely) only he was aware of the past he’s trying to erase.

There he stood in front of the girl he truly loved (before he had made the mistake of seeking the wrong person to comfort or to confront (to say the least) this time his mind and feet led him here, led him to Mel)

It pained him to see her tear stained face (what hurt him the most was the fact that he was the sole reason for these salty tears). Myungsoo didn’t know what to do or say, he wanted to pull her in his embrace, to tell her how much he loved her, to tell her how much she meant to him and that the whole scandal was way out of proportion and that he broke up with Doyeon to be with her, the girl whom he truly cares for.

But ironically he couldn’t say anything at all, both of them just stood there staring at each other. He could clearly read the pain that was displayed in her swollen eyes (and cursed himself yet again for being the cause of it).

Mel was glad he came; she needed to hear his side of the story. (Maybe she just hoped that the whole thing was a mere lie and that he had never been (in any way whatsoever) associated with that “porcelain doll” that goes by the name of Doyeon. After all, the media did tend to spout nonsense in order to gain more recognition and views, but the intimate position they were caught in clearly told her that there was or is something going on with the two and that she was nothing but a toy in his eyes, a toy he’ll gladly throw away when the time was right).

“Mel I-” Myungsoo sighed, he didn’t know how to or where to begin.

The brunette looked down at her feet, trying to keep her tears from cascading down her face.

“Is it true?”

Please tell me it’s not.

Myungsoo gazed at the broken girl in front of him, feeling utterly disgusted with himself. How could he do this to her? How could he break her heart yet again (after promising to protect it with all his might)?

Shaking his head furiously (an action she missed, seeing how her gaze was locked on the floor) he gently whispered.

“No, no it’s not”

The brunette’s body quickly relaxed as his words registered in her mind, looking up, she locked eyes with his warm orbs, she knew very well that there was more to the story, he clearly knew that person (after all, why would he be tightly embracing a mere stranger who meant nothing to him?) they obviously are (or had been) involved together and she desperately needed to know the truth, she needed to know if his feelings for her were genuine or not, if he’s been pitying her all this time, leading her on and gathering pleasure from her love-struck state and her numerous flustered and shaken expressions. She needed to know if she meant anything to him, anything at all or if she was a mere toy in his eyes.

“Then why don’t you explain it to me I’m sure the whole story’s not entirely made up by the media now, is it?”

She was surprised by the steady and calm tone she managed to speak in, noting how her voice didn’t waver nor break (as she thought it would have). She wanted to know the truth, to know if he was truly toying with her feelings or if he did indeed love her.

“No it’s not”

He promised himself that he would never lie to her (not again).

“It’s not made up”

Her heart sank at his words, biting her lip trying to steady the surge of bitter emotions that overwhelmed her entire being, she remained silent ushering him to continue.

“But it’s not entirely true either”

Furrowing her eyebrows (not comprehending the meaning of his words), she awaited his explanation.

Taking a deep breath, he began.

“Doyeon and I were dating, she was my girlfriend”

Noting the pain that had crossed her eyes, he quickly added.

“But that’s the thing she was, as in, she’s not anymore”

Mel was utterly confused, if he was dating Doyeon how come he never told her? She was his best friend after all, she knew every single thing about him as he did about her, then why? How come he never told her? But then again why would he? She had no right to know, it’s not like he belonged to her because he didn’t (he was never hers in the first place). But could he have been seeing Doyeon all along? Even when he had confessed to her, were they together as well? If that’s the case then their relationship would be nothing but a mere lie. She was the other girl, the girl he seeks whenever he’s bored or fed up with the real thing. Mel gulped feeling suffocated al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter