|13|

|Rewind : Another Shot At Love|
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Some things are just destined to happen}

Rewind #13:

The black-haired girls’ expression darkened at his words (after all, no good can come out of the “we need to talk” phrase), trying to control the surge of emotions that came over her at the moment (which weren’t all that dandy and great) she dearly hoped that this conversation wouldn’t mark the end of their relationship. (Although at the bottom of her heart she knew it would).

This was the very first time she’s seen Myungsoo look this (for the lack of a better term) cold. Usually he would be so eager to see her, happy to have her by his side (well like any other loving boyfriend).

She thought she had securely wrapped him around her finger, since he would constantly seek to please her and would willingly (without any complaints) do whatever she asked him to do. She had him exactly where she wanted him to be. (Or so she thought). He was madly in love with her (that she knew for sure), yet, the man who’s sitting across from her doesn’t at all seem like the devoted and affectionate lover she (thought) she had.

(No, this wasn’t the man who was head over heels for her, the man who would fulfill her every demand.)

Was she in love with Myungsoo?

The answer for that question would be a simple no.

Did she love the attention he showered her with?

Yes, yes she did. (After all, who wouldn’t?)

If he was just a mere face in the crowd, would she give him a second glance?

No (well she might’ve made an exception giving his dashing features). But this is Kim Myungsoo we’re talking about, (the Kim Myungsoo) how could she pass up the opportunity to date such a well-known man?

The girls’ lips curved upwards, forming a smile as she cheerfully spoke.

“What is it Oppa?”

The words she dreaded hearing came out next.

“Let’s break up”

She inwardly scoffed. (Who is he to break up with her?)

“What?”

Myungsoo sighed (he just wanted to end this and go home).

“You heard me”

Doyeon couldn’t understand. She was angry (for he had the audacity to instigate their break up), thrown back at the fact that he didn’t at all seemed fazed by the words he was saying nor did he care about her tearful eyes (acting lessons did really pay off) but yet he didn’t seem the least bit concerned or worried about her feelings. Did he really not love her anymore? She needed to stay calm, lashing at him and throwing away the innocent act she had perfected over the years wouldn’t benefit her in any way.

“Why?”

Myungsoo raised an eyebrow, wanting her to continue.

“Why are you breaking up with me?”

He wanted to applaud her for her incredible acting skills. The old him would have been immediately concerned at the sight of her “crocodile” tears. He was too blinded by his love for her (more likely by the idea of what he thought was love) that he wasn’t able to detect the fakeness of her whole act.

“Because I don’t love you anymore” (I never had)

Doyeons’ eyes widened in surprise, (he didn’t love her anymore?)

“You don’t love me anymore?”

Myungsoo pinched his nose, slightly getting irritated.

“Haven’t we been through this before? Yes, I don’t love you. Never had, never will”

Doyeon furiously shook her head.

“Tha-that’s impossible”

The young man scoffed at her response.

“What is? Me not loving you, or you not being in control for once?”

Doyeon bit her lip.

“No, no, that’s not what I meant”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes.

“You can stop acting now”

Gulping she looked down avoiding h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter